Sign in to follow this  
Isaiah53six

Microsoft/Asobo proved they're pandering to console users

I realise this post will no doubt upset a lot of console word not allowed but I'm frustrated with Microsoft/Asobo. I was not given a choice on whether or not to install this mandatory update.  With the latest update being "mandatory" this proves they are pandering to the xbox/console users. What if the sim was running great before and we don't want it? And it was for me. What if I don't want a performance update at the sacrifice of pop-in, poor draw distances and blurry graphics.  No matter, this new console targeted update is tailor made for new simmers on the Xbox is MANDATORY for everyone.  I do hope Microsoft/Asobo rectifies the situation but I won't hold my breath. 

Edited by Isaiah53six
title edit
  • Like 11
  • Upvote 12

Kind regards,

Tim

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K (OC 4.7) CPU COOLER: Noctua nh-d15S GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070-Ti FTW2 8GB  SSD: Crucial MX500 1TB HDD: Seagate 500GB - Maxtor 250GB - WD 250GB RAM: Team Vulcan 16 GB MBD: Gigabyte Z370P D3
PSU: Evga 650w  OS: Win 10 Pro

Totally agree. I think from now on, the serious testing will be on X box, and not PCs. If it works fine on Xbox, it's good to go. 

• Like 8
  • Upvote 3

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Sadly, I think you're right.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 4

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

I guess that it is time for the "I'm going back to P3D" line about now.  lol

regards

bs

• Like 22

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

I was just berated for this concern a few threads ago.  Haven’t had a chance to really look at the sim as it’s still downloading stuff but what I’ve seen so far causes concern.

This cloud concept forces us on a ride we can’t control with this hobby.  Not a fan at all of cloud controlled software.  

Edited by Dillon
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 2

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Where can I download P3D?

• Like 5

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

I agree, you should be able to control your own computer/software. You can roll-back your updates in windows, remember every system is different.

Darryl

• Like 2

Like we haven't been pandered to for the last year.  C'mon fair is fair.

Cheers

bs

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

I have never owned a console but my son has.

I used to remember him buying the newest release out there and then 3 weeks later when the novelty wore off or another similar title came, he was off buying that.

I am still downloading the update after some 6 hours, so I will reserve my opinion, I DO wonder though about the LONGEVITY of the console title.

• Like 1

FS PC - AMD7900X3D / MSI RTX 4090 24gb / 32gb Ram / Varjo Aero / Bravo Quadrant / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / Yoke / TPR Pedals

UK Skytours - http://www.ukskytours.co.uk

The exact same thing happened to train simulator, when they started to make the sim for both xbox, and also computers.

Now 66% of thier sales are for Xbox, and Playstation.

• Like 1

I mean, this update was always going to have a lot of potential for causing issues. After actually being able to play with it, I'm thoroughly impressed. Yes in photogrammetry areas if you constantly shoot around with preset views you can notice some scenery redrawing but that's my only complaint (and I believe they will work on this in future updates). Overall I think we've taken several steps forward and one or two back, but that's to be expected. This is a giant project and it will have rough patches from time-to-time. The XBOX release is HUGE and will provide Asobo/MS a lot more revenue to help keep this thing rolling. 

• Like 6
  • Upvote 3

Former Child, Current Adult

3 minutes ago, Steve_Ellis said:

I DO wonder though about the LONGEVITY of the console title.

You don't have to.  There are a 1000 vendors that will do that for you.

Regards

bs

Besides, X-Plane and P3D are still available 😉 

• Like 5

Former Child, Current Adult

15 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Totally agree. I think from now on, the serious testing will be on X box, and not PCs. If it works fine on Xbox, it's good to go. 

that's what they're doing for sure

Kind regards,

Tim

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K (OC 4.7) CPU COOLER: Noctua nh-d15S GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070-Ti FTW2 8GB  SSD: Crucial MX500 1TB HDD: Seagate 500GB - Maxtor 250GB - WD 250GB RAM: Team Vulcan 16 GB MBD: Gigabyte Z370P D3
PSU: Evga 650w  OS: Win 10 Pro

The reduced FOV LOD popping issue is a good example of what should not be necessary on a powerful computer. It may be necessary to stay within VRAM/RAM specs on an Xbox, but not on a PC. 

And now we don't have a choice. 

We need a LOD slider for Field of View, not only distance.

• Like 5

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s