Sign in to follow this  
Isaiah53six

Microsoft/Asobo proved they're pandering to console users

the only early VR youtube video I have seen on youtube post patch, shows no popping nor scenery jumping in and out. He's using a 3090 card. I can't comment an experience since the patch is still downloading here. But I have a feeling it will be way better than before on my system.

What would be cool is if we could have 2 copies of MSFS on the same system and patches were not mandatory. Then you could fly both, one patched after the other not patched, and see what's what.

Edited by Fielder

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

2 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

In another thread, people are finding that BijanStudios addon may be causing issues, including CTD

I'm not using his addon, so it's not that. If that's what you were suggesting.

I just think it's a mix of the hardware, the settings, the location and every other parameter out there. And some people will not be bothered by it at all. 

But this was introduced with the last update, so I would surely appreciate it if they could fix it too. A Field of View LOD slider would probably be enough. 

• Like 2

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

1 minute ago, Republic3D said:

What is that reason though?

I would really like to know so it can be fixed or at least mended to a certain degree. 

Have you tried it with an empty community folder?

I currently have only 2 addons installed. Navigraph and FBW's A320. I'll add more as time goes on, but I always start off with none after a new release and add one or two at a time over the next couple of weeks. That way if one misbehaves, I only have a few things to investigate.

• Like 1

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

1 minute ago, MDFlier said:

Have you tried it with an empty community folder?

I currently have only 2 addons installed. Navigraph and FBW's A320. I'll add more as time goes on, but I always start off with none after a new release and add one or two at a time over the next couple of weeks. That way if one misbehaves, I only have a few things to investigate.

I use AddonsLinker, so I removed everything in the Community folder before the update. 

The exceptions are a few Orbx airfields, one Aerosoft airport, the Just Flight Arrow and Carenado Mooney and Seminole. 

I tested with all these aircraft, as well as the Asobo C172. I still haven't activated any mods through the AddonsLinker.

Anyways, I didn't mean to be rude or anything. 

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

Some amazing comments being made in here regards the latest SU5.

So here's the challenge to each person who wants to go back to P3D.

Head over to your PC, uninstall MSFS and install P3D.  Go for it and see you back here in 72 hours, maybe 48, most likely 24.

Jase

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Jaseman. Lovin it up here........

Catch us over at MassieSim32 -> https://discord.gg/B4buuHGhcr

I have Bijan latest version and it works fine so I dont think its that

• Upvote 1

Rich Sennett

11 minutes ago, JaseMelbo said:

Head over to your PC, uninstall MSFS and install P3D.  Go for it and see you back here in 72 hours, maybe 48, most likely 24.

Jase

I use them in tandem.. they both have strengths and weaknesses.. although for some reason MSFS has completely stopped recognizing my controller.. been trying to figure it out for the last few hours its a bummer. I was starting to really enjoy the sim and now I literally can't even really try to adapt to the changes. But I think the social venting is pretty good, once a lot of it boils off we can all help each other organize all the weird new issues that will need to be addressed. I say rant on gentlemen, let the sensitive people's jimmies be rustled. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, JaseMelbo said:

Jase

I don't want to install P3D...I don't even own a copy but I do think Microsoft/Asobo should have released a separate version of the sim to Xbox without embedding/mixing with PC.  Some features they are implementing and meant for console I don't need or want on my PC version (such as tool bar at the top and overall dumbed down sim) and vice versa.  (and if someone can tell me how to remove the top toolbar completely would be awesome)

Edited by Isaiah53six

Kind regards,

Tim

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K (OC 4.7) CPU COOLER: Noctua nh-d15S GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070-Ti FTW2 8GB  SSD: Crucial MX500 1TB HDD: Seagate 500GB - Maxtor 250GB - WD 250GB RAM: Team Vulcan 16 GB MBD: Gigabyte Z370P D3
PSU: Evga 650w  OS: Win 10 Pro

35 minutes ago, Republic3D said:

I use AddonsLinker, so I removed everything in the Community folder before the update. 

The exceptions are a few Orbx airfields, one Aerosoft airport, the Just Flight Arrow and Carenado Mooney and Seminole. 

I tested with all these aircraft, as well as the Asobo C172. I still haven't activated any mods through the AddonsLinker.

Anyways, I didn't mean to be rude or anything. 

Try turning off AI Traffic (if you have it On), there were some issues with AI traffic and the latest beta build which is the same MS/Asobo released today. Hope it helps.

The next few lines are not about your post @Republic3D, just dont want to post another message... There are several known issues/bugs which are backed log, but to me this is the best update we've had so far. This forums tend to be very negative and focus on issues rather than positive things, I am enjoying the increase in performance, I use track IR and hopefully I don't have the popping issue so far.

Im still trying to understand how an entire Mac OS can be 6 GB (often less) but a sim update be 39 GB (on super slow servers). 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

In order to recreate the issue, I have to mess with the cameras in ways I don't when I'm going about the business of flying the plane. I'm sorry but the concern trolling going on in here is beyond ridiculous. I am LOVING the increased performance the new update has brought with it and my graphics look as great as they did last update. The excessive whining from a bunch of grown men is amusing to say the least and blaming Xbox is just stupid.

I'm really glad some people took the time to prove with video evidence, how much you guys are exaggerating the issue. Welcome to the party console casuals! Some of us are actually happy to have you! Go in the marketplace and buy lots of add-ons!

Edited by Krakin
  • Like 5

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

Well .. i was at work when this update dropped. Read all the comments at work.. Came home expecting doom and despair...

Far from it. im afraid...

Installation 8-10 - initially the ms store didn't detect the update | Restarted PC .. update detected. .. then there was a bit of a pause on the sim update page.. maybe a minute but when it started the connection speed was very good 130mbits/s. Absolutely no hiccups or loops or anything of the sort. Sim started right up and then i downloaded the content manager stuff.. same download speed was finished in around 20 to 25 mins for that.

Restarted PC started the sim then ... ctd .. .. i said .. meh and started the sim again.. worked (all my previous settings were there untouched). went to try the London discovery flight looking for stuff to nitpick.. Panning out the window and looking from side to side in the cockpit i see some popping but nothing to me that indicates a major problem.

I'm still going to various airports and trying to pick up a ctd but for me the sim is smooth as silk sitting in the high 50's low 60's  stock ultra with a 3440x1440 render scale 110.

I cannot complain. Im sure there will be things i will notice that will annoy me but on balance this is a very good update (for me at least) 9-10. Will try the FBW tomorrow and reinstall Rob Youngs Beechcraft and if all goes well then im set for a little bit.

Also they may have toned down the lightning .. at least it seemed that way. Was at MKJP.. cloudy as hell .. no lightning to be found.

Oh and Trees for DAYS !!!

Edited by Maxis
  • Like 7

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

7 hours ago, NightOfDreams said:

I don't get the complaining.

It's avsim, so I'm not surprised.

Plus, I've heard the line "they dumbed it down for the consoles" a gazillion times.

The days of PC-exclusives are pretty much over.

• Like 1

MS/Asobo are absolutely thinking about the Xbox users first and foremost. Have been since, and I have no proof, since the powers that be, spoke to the big wigs at Microsoft about bringing it back. And the question was, can we make that stuff called MONEY on it? And the reply was, if we can get this on Xbox, and also on PC on the side and both with a Market Place, yes, we can make money. But if you think for a minute that the income that comes from Xbox, if it works, will be a thousand times more than PC, and once again I have no proof. On Xbox they will make money on the Market Place, Game Pass, and you even have to pay ( PC get it free ), for multiplayer, and who knows what else they sell to Xbox users. Which you don't care about but console users will pay for.

I do not think the PC version would exist without the Xbox. Your the customer, you either go with the new vision or you walk away. It's always your choice. This time around they make money on flight simulation, or it does not exist at all. Plain and simple, like it or not. The days of the old ways of MS Flight Simulation are gone, never to return again. They either make money this time or flight simulation at MS will be a thing of the past. And could be anyway, if this doesn't work. But I think it will.

Man, your really gonna be mad when that Xcloud stuff kicks in and you can play it on mobile devices. MS either adapts to the new ways of flight simulation and gaming or go bye, bye, in the gaming field, not as a company!

Edited by in2tech
  • Like 3

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ

2 minutes ago, in2tech said:

Man, your really gonna be mad when that Xcloud stuff kicks in and you can play it on mobile devices. MS either adapts to the new ways of flight simulation and gaming or go bye, bye!

I smell a market for miniature sized controls and peripherals, small enough for the mobile phone guys! 😅