Sign in to follow this  
Isaiah53six

Microsoft/Asobo proved they're pandering to console users

5 minutes ago, in2tech said:

MS/Asobo are absolutely thinking about the Xbox users first and foremost. Have been since, and I have no proof, since the powers that be, spoke to the big wigs at Microsoft about bringing it back. And the question was, can we make that stuff called MONEY on it? And the reply was, if we can get this on Xbox, and also on PC on the side and both with a market Place, yes, we can make money. But if you think for a minute that the income that comes from Xbox, if it works, will be a thousand times more than PC, and once again I have no proof. On Xbox they will make money on the Market Place, Game Pass, and you even have to pay ( PC get it free ), for multiplayer. Which you don't care about but console users will pay for.

I do not think the PC version would exist without the Xbox. Your the customer, you either go with the new vision or you walk away. It's always your choice. This time around they make money on flight simulation, or it does not exist at all. Plain and simple, like it or not. The days of the old ways of MS Flight Simulation are gone, never to return again. They either make money this time or flight simulation at MS will be a thing of the past. And could be anyway, if this doesn't work. But I think it will.

Man, your really gonna be mad when that Xcloud stuff kicks in and you can play it on mobile devices. MS either adapts to the new ways of flight simulation and gaming or go bye, bye!

not that I like their tactics....I do think you're correct with what you say

Kind regards,

Tim

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K (OC 4.7) CPU COOLER: Noctua nh-d15S GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070-Ti FTW2 8GB  SSD: Crucial MX500 1TB HDD: Seagate 500GB - Maxtor 250GB - WD 250GB RAM: Team Vulcan 16 GB MBD: Gigabyte Z370P D3
PSU: Evga 650w  OS: Win 10 Pro

19 minutes ago, pilatuz said:

I smell a market for miniature sized controls and peripherals, small enough for the mobile phone guys! 😅

They already make them for smart phones. I even saw a tiny joystick for Infinite Flight and somehow I hooked up my big joystick to it and flew it on my phone with a regular joystick. Was ages ago, and it worked, but yes can already be done! No telling what the future will bring.

Edited by in2tech

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ

25 minutes ago, in2tech said:

Man, your really gonna be mad when that Xcloud stuff kicks in and you can play it on mobile devices. 

Yessum, the XPlane crew better hope all those Kawaii Kogal wearing Tokyo girls with Hello Kitty backpacks listening to PrismaX and playing MSFS on their phones on the train home from work never hear about XPlane.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, espent said:

I think I can live with this in TrackIR:

Two things: fly higher, 4000ft or so, and fly in a more demanding region, like around a bigger city. Or fly in a region with more hills, e.g. northern part of Norway around Tromso, and report back. On this altitude and this flat and non-demanding region, I would also not see anything bad regarding popping ins...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Here is what I see......

• Like 4

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Duplicate post for some reason"

Edited by HiFlyer

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

IMO, the only issue they will be facing is that most Xbox users are not into flight Sims. They will play this for another day or 2 and won't touch it again. And then Asobo/MS will be stuck with us PC simmers once again.

It will be like after the PC launch when they gave free copies to the top streamers as part of marketing. They played it couple of hours, got bored and never touched it ever again.

Again it's just my POV on this.

• Like 1

Roi Ben

50 minutes ago, pilatuz said:

I smell a market for miniature sized controls and peripherals, small enough for the mobile phone guys! 😅

Check out Axair flight controllers   AXAIR MICO  - YouTube

• Like 1

10850K, MSI Unify Z490, 32gb G.Skill Ripjaw 3600 CL16, MSI 5700 XT 8gb, Nochua NH-U12a, WD 500gb Black SSD (OS- Windows 10 Pro), Samsung 2tb Evo plus SSD (games), Superflower 850 watts power supply

8 minutes ago, roi1862 said:

IMO, the only issue they will be facing is that most Xbox users are not into flight Sims. They will play this for another day or 2 and won't touch it again. And then Asobo/MS will be stuck with us PC simmers once again.

It will be like after the PC launch when they gave free copies to the top streamers as part of marketing. They played it couple of hours, got bored and never touched it ever again.

Again it's just my POV on this.

I’m sure you’re right.

Once they see the can go anywhere with the drone camera, they might spend another our or two with that. 😉

Seriously, Does Xbox support peripherals like a yoke, pedals and throttle quadrant?

Edited by Virtual-Chris

Just now, Virtual-Chris said:

Seriously, Does Xbox support peripherals like a yoke, pedals and throttle quadrant?

Yes.

Devons rig

Just now, HiFlyer said:

Yes.

Then I’d say there’s a chance some Xbox players get deeper into it. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Virtual-Chris said:

Then I’d say there’s a chance some Xbox players get deeper into it. 

https://www.turtlebeach.com/pages/velocity-one-flight

V1_universal_design_straight-on-shot.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Devons rig

Personally I will be moving over from my gaming laptop to my Series X as my main MSFS machine. For most people that is going to make financial sense.

CJ

• Like 3

Seriously, who's getting an Xbox to fly planes around ? Let us shoot stuff ! 😁

Time will tell...

• Like 1

Roi Ben

In soaring we call the escape maneuver -  "Boxing the Wake "....

I plan to be able to Box the Wake with the future xBox-oriented updates... Well, if it runs better on my semi-new rig, and if they fix the flight dynamics, the weather and so on... then I might even say I like it this way... and who knows, end up buying an xBox gamepad 🙂

Question is, is this xBoxing taking Fenix or FBW, and others, from the play ?  No ? Than let's not kill the karma ...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...