Sign in to follow this  
Isaiah53six

Microsoft/Asobo proved they're pandering to console users

I'm considering getting an Xbox Series X now just for MSFS. Would love to set it up in my bedroom to fly around casually while laying down.

• Like 3

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

38 minutes ago, roi1862 said:

IMO, the only issue they will be facing is that most Xbox users are not into flight Sims. They will play this for another day or 2 and won't touch it again. And then Asobo/MS will be stuck with us PC simmers once again.

Do you have any evidence for this, or are just making things up as you go along?

• Like 1

there was literally a thread on here last week about access to Bing Maps for MSFS being funded by XBox subs, so there can be no surprise that XBox will influence the direction of this sim

there is still no indication for me that Asobo will not adequately cater for both platforms as they have an open dialogue with the PC community and our concerns

let the dust settle and I'm sure they will introduce the ability for people with their super computers to get rid of some of the pop-in - their focus has been on the hugely significant XBox release for some time and as an offshoot we've obtained a massive performance increase

check out the first VR impressions video posted elsewhere on this forum this morning to see what the improvement has done for VR simmers

• Like 3

1 hour ago, HiFlyer said:

Here is what I see......

Why are most of the skyscrapers missing in NYC in your video? was the photogrammetry turned OFF? the entire financial district is missing.. Is it an LOD effect?

Vinod Kumar

i9 10900K 5.3 Ghz, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM, Win 10 Pro.

Alpha-Yoke, Bravo-Throttles, ThrustMaster-Sidestick & Quadrant, TM-Rudder, LG 32" 1080p.

9 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

Do you have any evidence for this, or are just making things up as you go along?

I have 3 son who has a xbox each ages 11 16 and 21 all runs game pass so yesterday I no the 11 year old and 21 year old downloaded msfs and within 1 hour it was deleted off my 11 year old machine hes back to play fornite and my oldest says it's quite boring. So my kids ain't into it. Might save me a few £ on addons 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, vin747 said:

was the photogrammetry turned OFF?

Yes.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Just now, FSUK_86 said:

I have 3 son who has a xbox each ages 11 16 and 21 all runs game pass so yesterday I no the 11 year old and 21 year old downloaded msfs and within 1 hour it was deleted off my 11 year old machine hes back to play fornite and my oldest says it's quite boring. So my kids ain't into it. Might save me a few £ on addons 

Yeah, that's evidence.😏

23 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

Why are you quoting only selected parts of my post ? Can't you see "IMO" and "again it's just my POV". 

Some people...

• Like 5

Roi Ben

53 minutes ago, captain420 said:

I'm considering getting an Xbox Series X now just for MSFS. Would love to set it up in my bedroom to fly around casually while laying down.

I have an Xbox S, I don't need an  X, being delivered today so sometimes I can sit my fat **** in a chair and fly. And of course other titles more comfortably too, like Tomb Raider titles. But mainly for portability to move to another room ( with 4K TV, yes it upscales somehow ), or take with me. It's amazing a flight sim works on a $300 or $500 console. And it is NOT for everyone, or even most here. But if you want it, it's there now. Smart phones, and tablets are next 🙂

• Like 2

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ

These updates will always be mandatory given how much of the sim requires a server side connection to do it's thing, both client and server will need to be kept in sync.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, FSUK_86 said:

So all three of your test subjects are in the same age demographic...

It's not just kids who own Xboxes you know.

• Like 2

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

WOW WOW WOW and WOOOOOOOOOOOOW !!!

I LOVE xBox, ASOBO, Sébastien and the Whole MS !!!

MFS runs AMAZINGLY SMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTH as SILK !

WOWOooooooooooooooooooooo

• Like 6

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I don't get the attention span thing. How many young or for that old people bought FSX, or better FSX-SE on Steam and stuck with it. Probably not many, so it doesn't matter the platform PC or Xbox it's about if the person stays interested for a long time for any title. People here seem to be worried about the attention span of others, why? They will eventually leave Fortnight ( have no idea what the real name is ), when another title comes out to replace it. What's the percentage of PC flight simulation people that move past a keyboard, it has to be big, cause it sucks flying it with a keyboard. At least MSFS is programmed to work with the Xbox controller,  and those Xbox folk's can rock a controller, better then I can a keyboard or joystick, and guess what it comes with the console.

If they stay interested, they might get a joystick or others items. I don't care if they do or not. People are freaked out about this big time, when they won't even come across these people. They are in their tiny bubble of the few here. And that's a good thing, it's what Avsim is for, but it is not for the future, that's for sure. Well most here, a lot have already expressed interest in an Xbox, along with their PC, kind of like they buy a NEW Joystick, Yoke, Pedals, $600 monitor, etc... 

Also all the Honeycomb items are suppose to work in the future, I think? But who on earth would spend $500-700 ( pedals too ) on those items for a $300-$500 machine? Yes, people here that already have them. But not most new people on PC or Xbox.

Enjoy the niche here and the others will help, hopefully, support your hobby on other platforms for MSFS. I said hopefully! 

Edited by in2tech
  • Like 2

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ

3 hours ago, Isaiah53six said:

but I do think Microsoft/Asobo should have released a separate version of the sim to Xbox without embedding/mixing with PC.  Some features they are implementing and meant for console I don't need or want on my PC version (such as tool bar at the top and overall dumbed down sim) and vice versa. 

Unified development for X-Box plus PC was on the base of MSFS from the beginning. You - or whoever - may like this or not but, as some others already mentioned, we wouldn't have MSFS at all without this approach. It just wouldn't be profitable. MS may introduce a few PC-specific features but will never leave the common code-base.

I think we better leave the elitist point of view that only users with a 3000+$ graphics card, a multitude of peripherals, and flying "study-level" planes exclusively being "true simmers". Them alone would never be able to keep our hobby alive, prospering and profitable over the long run.

Personally, I have been simming for more than 30 years now (since FS4), and I like the fresh look and approach of the MSFS UI, even though I don't intend to switch to an X-Box right now.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 19
  • Upvote 2

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

When it comes to most non sim games, most people play the title until the completion of the story and then don't go back to it.

Only open world games, sims and multiplayer focused games have longevity. This is not new. 

Some people will no doubt by bored of the same and some will get addicted like many of us here who continue to play sims released years ago.

• Like 2

FSX | DCS | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | IL2:BoX

Favorite aircraft currently: MSFS Savage Cub