Sign in to follow this  
Isaiah53six

Microsoft/Asobo proved they're pandering to console users

6 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

I was just messing with you

No worries brother..  You're one of my favorite posters here.  I don't always agree, but respect your point of view

• Like 1

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

On 7/27/2021 at 2:57 PM, Isaiah53six said:

With the latest update being "mandatory" this proves they are pandering to the xbox/console users.

Umm...wasn't every other previous update "mandatory" as well?

• Like 1

James David Walley

Ryzen 7 7700X, 32 GB, RTX 3080

3 minutes ago, JDWalley said:

Yes, it was, and with every single update, they lowered the visuals 

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 4090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 8K Samsung Q900A 65" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

I think if you believe they spent all their time testing the Xbox experience over PC, you haven't played it on Xbox. They'll work out the issues (and introduce more) just like every other update

50 minutes ago, JDWalley said:

Pah!  Why let a logical argument get in the way of a good conspiracy theory.  Spoilsport. 😄

• Like 2

6 hours ago, sbczyz said:

Wow. Microsoft is a business and widening the market is smart. And if this update was to "pander" to those you consider lessers - well let me say to Asobo, "Thank you. Please keep pandering." This update has doubled my frame rates, halved my rendering time and made much better use of my CPU. I've been simming for about 40 years. MSFS 2020 is amazing and will continue to grow.

Just doubling my experience after trying it tonight. The performance upgrade on my system is steep, notably under VR, allowing AA settings I never could dream about before. I was even prepared to accept a few visual concessions, but I still have to find them.  

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 2

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

next weeks live stream we need to let them know what they have done in the chat 

On 7/27/2021 at 6:57 PM, Virtual-Chris said:

Does it seem like this to anyone else… that the sim visuals actually peaked at launch and have slowly deteriorated over the last year?

I have no way to compare what I saw last year to what I see now, that would be more perception than reality. When it first came out it was such a massive visual improvement to anything that I had before that it appeared perfect. Once you become used to that level of visuals then the picking apart arrives.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, desbean said:

I have no way to compare what I saw last year to what I see now, that would be more perception than reality. When it first came out it was such a massive visual improvement to anything that I had before that it appeared perfect. Once you become used to that level of visuals then the picking apart arrives.

That is a very smart post.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Isaiah53six said:

does anyone know the graphics settings for the Xbox version?  In other words, are the sliders set to ultra, high, medium etc?  Are the settings set or customizable?  thanks

I watched a review from Digital Foundary and they found that the Series X is running natively at 1440p and upscaling to 4K.  They also said the graphics were set to Ultra with a FPS lock of 30.  They said that if you had a 120hz TV/Monitor that you could enable that on Xbox, and Flight Sim would lift the 30 FPS cap to try to sync best with the monitor.  But it's not anything you can define>

For series S, it runs natively at 1080p and their guess was graphics slider at "medium".  It also is locked at 30FPS. You could definitely tell a difference in some draw distance and textures on the photogrammetry, but considering the series S is a $300 console, that level of performance is pretty sick.

One thing they did notice, is that for "smoothness" the series S was better.  They attributed that to the time it takes for photogrammetry to load. The micro stutters that tend to occur as you approach urban centers, or when the flight is loaded smack dab into one (like discovery flights).  

Over all they were really impressed considering the fact that a Series X is $500 and the Series S is $300.  

Control mappings are customizable, and you can add a keyboard/mouse and a compatible Yoke.  I've got a Hotas One coming in on Monday.  You can tweak quite a bit, but as far as graphics go, the only allowable option is turning HDR on or off.

• Like 3

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

3 hours ago, desbean said:

Yes,  our perceptions always change the more jaded we become.  When I was 10 years old, I thought the acting in Star Wars was tremendous....."But I was going to Tosche Station to pick up some power converters.....".   Wow... such depth of feeling, such intense character.....uh huh....

• Like 1

I think that folks that fly low and don't use addons will like this update very much.  Going above FL200, the ground gets very blurry.  Everyone removed everything from their community folder to get the sim installed and I've been skittish about adding stuff back.  Even without 3rd party stuff I'm still getting the occasional CTD...last night in the C172.  Framerates are up about 25% or so.  But I'd rather have crisp earth textures than that performance boost, tbh.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

11 hours ago, Sphynnx said:

Yes, it was, and with every single update, they lowered the visuals 

Yeah, like when they added contrails, or fixed the water masks, or added dust effects...

2 hours ago, RXP said:

I can help you find some: 😉

Visual concessions/bugs: ....

Other concessions/bugs: ...

As a frequent visitor of the official forum, I know most of these. There may be a couple of them which are relevant for me, some more which go under "nice to have" and the rest are opinions/taste.

I want to simulate flying a plane with proper main functions in pretty scenery, that's it. If others are into mainly searching niggles they can do that. (Which doesn't exclude I don't report issues, believe me or not, I have quite a list of Zendesk reports.) 

There are a few things I actually dislike, including the horizon line or terrain popping. But even those don't hinder me to take advantage of the sim and like it, even more from a perspective of 30 years of simming.

That's me as a user. You as a developer may (and perhaps should)  have other priorities.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 5

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11