Sign in to follow this  
mcdonoughdr

Many airports missing terminal walls and have floating roofs

4 hours ago, mcdonoughdr said:

This update becomes a bigger meme by the hour....

Using clear install of SU5, many airports like KMIA have messing terminal walls and floating roofs…

Airports that have this problem:
KMIA
KPHX
KBOS
KBVY

Now this IS a problem that I have seen. Add KBWI to the list. What I did notice is that the 1st time I fired up SU5 was that there were additional details on the roof of KBWI. Solar panels, Glass arches, AC units, etc.. Every time I have started a flight there after that, the roof is floating, and some walls are missing. I believe that there are elevation issues causing the terminal buildings to be drawn partially underground, leaving the roofs at the "proper" height. The default KBWI was never very good. The main terminal building is 3 stories tall in the sim, when in real life it is only 2. Now, it looks like the roof is in the normal place (for the incorrect 3 story terminal), but the terminal building appears to be too low.

They'll fix this.

Edited by MDFlier

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

I turned off photogrammetry and now my walls are back in KMIA

2CEIhmi.png

Boston works too

5OzAtuM.png

Edited by Tuskin38

16 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

I turned off photogrammetry and now my walls are back in KMIA

2CEIhmi.png

Boston works too

5OzAtuM.png

So weird… hopefully they fix this ASAP

I didn't do a darn thing and now KBWI is back to normal, WITH the additional details on the roof.

Interesting. I'm wondering if it was just a case of server overload earlier and now they are catching up? 

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

12 minutes ago, MDFlier said:

I didn't do a darn thing and now KBWI is back to normal, WITH the additional details on the roof.

Interesting. I'm wondering if it was just a case of server overload earlier and now they are catching up? 

If that's the case, maybe me disabling photogrammetry was a coincidence.

I tried KBOS. Floating roofs. Changed from live time & weather to custom. No difference. Turned PG off & back on. No difference.

I saw someone buzzing the airport, so I went into MP settings to turn MP player aircraft labels on. When I resumed, no more floating roofs in Boston. 

Something fixes it. No idea what....

6 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Were you able to get this resolved?  In my quick test video I had Photogrammetry ON.

As others have suggested, you might want to turn OFF Photogrammetry, clear the data cache, exit MSFS, run MSFS, turn photogrammetry back ON again.

Otherwise my only suggestion is to move everything temporarily out of your community folder to see if that resolves it.

Cheers, Rob.

It seems like doing that in random combinations and number of times, does fix it for each airport, but not all at once... I had to load into each one and try it a different way... Although once it's fixed, it seems to stay fixed! So thank you...

Edited by mcdonoughdr

Yes, I have the same problem at KMIA and KBWI. I tried flipping a few random things around like PG and also deleted rolling cache, etc. Finally I had a freeze and CTD.

I had the floating roof syndrome with the jetways connecting to empty spaces. If anyone figures this out, that would be great.

Cheers.

--EDIT--

PS Community folder is empty.

Edited by jrw4

John Wiesenfeld KPBI | FAA PPL/SEL/IFR in a galaxy long ago and far away | VATSIM PILOT P2

i7-11700K, 32 GB DDR4 3.6 GHz, MSI RTX 3070ti, Dell 4K monitor

2 hours ago, mcdonoughdr said:

It seems like doing that in random combinations and number of times, does fix it for each airport, but not all at once... I had to load into each one and try it a different way... Although once it's fixed, it seems to stay fixed! So thank you...

Exactly. Once fixed, they seem to stay fixed. If we only knew which option to change to make it "flip". Every airport seems to require a different fix. 

I have this problem at KSAT airport San Antonio. Default and only avionics mods which were updated for newest release. 

KPWM has floating roofs etc as well...

Pit.jpg

Com GA Pilot, Retired • MSFS 2020 • Gigabyte 8th gen lga1151 motherboard z2370 hd3, i5 8600 8th gen 4.3ghz, Thermaltake 750w power supply, 4 x 8gb ddr4 dimm, MSI force GTO 1070 8gb ddr5, 4 SSD's • 4K main display with 3 HD displays, one is a touch screen. Often used as 3 1080P NVIDEA surround screens and one HD touchscreen for AirManager

Confirm on KBOS. Also there is something wrong with the lighting,whites appear very bight almost blinding.

3 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Ok, probably something to do with cache data is my guess since it went away.

Cheers, Rob.

I need to try some of the airports people posted today... fixing one airport only fixed that one, have had to load into each one and keep trying that process lol

Just noticed this with KISM.

• Like 1

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

I have checked every airport mentioned in this thread, and have not found any with missing walls or floating roofs.  I have no idea what would cause that for a number of people, but be nonexistent for others.  When I installed SU5, as soon as it finished updating the first thing I did when it loaded was to go to content manager and update everything there.  I then exited the sim to desktop and reboot my machine before loading the sim again and trying my first flight.  I have no idea if that made a difference or not.  I also have my rolling cache set "off", so possibly something linked there.

I've had several CTD's and one hard freeze that had to be shut down with task manager, so all is not perfect with this update on my setup, but I have not seen a single graphical anomaly like those shown here, even when visiting the same airports.  MSFS is a hard one to figure out...

• Like 2