Sign in to follow this  
Guest lmoelleb

Question about EditVoicePack and FSX

I searched for information on how to get EVP to work with FSX.I renamed the FSX USenglishBig.GVP file to ORG_usenglishBig.GVP.Then, I copied over the EVP_Accelerated.GVP file from FS9 to FSX.After starting up FSX, I seem to hear the accerated audio file. However, what I really wantd to be able to do is to select UNITED, or AMERICAN (ETC.) to my selected aircraft. But, the FSX aircraft "details" list shows only the original short list of names provided by FSX. Perhaps it is not possible to have FSX list the long list of names that EditVoicePack does when I use it in FS9? Is there another step I need to do? I hope you understand my question!Thanks,Jim

The selection list of airline names in the airlines.cfg file.EditVoicePack will update that file in FS2004, but it really has nothing to do with EVP. It's just a text file. You could add the entires yourself.In FS2004 the file is in the aircraft folder.In FSX the file is in the main Microsoft Flight Simulator X folder.As far as the accelarated audio file - or any changes to the audio - you still need to make those updates with EVP pointed at FS2004.

Reggie,Thanks, that was my missing step. I copied the text file entries over to the FSX file, and now they all show up. ATC now correctly IDs me as United...Thanks,Jim

Let me clarify something here because I am easily confused:All you need to do, to get EVP with FSX, is to copy the FS9 EVP_Accelerated.GVP file to the same place as the FSX stocker file, and rename the stocker file .original or whatever?Wow, that's easy.Are there any *known* drawbacks to using the EVP accelerated gvp file in FSX?Now, my second question is:If I have an airline, say, "La Costena" (pronounced "La Costenya") and if it is NOT in EVP by default, all I would need to do is keep the EVP pointed to my FS2004 install, and make the callsign in the normal way?RhettAMD 3700+ (@2310 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 2.5-3-3-8 (1T), WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian case

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Yes, it's that simple.Use FS2004 to work with EVP, add files you download, edit or modify your own sounds and update the FS2004 voice pack - including acceleration or ICAO phrasing. Do it as if you were only using FS2004 - and just copy the modified files over to FSX.The folders are different in FSX - the USEnglishBig.gvp file in the Sound folder in FS2004 goes in the SoundATC folder in FSXThe aircraft.cfg file in the aircraft folder in FS2004 goes in the main FSX folder.

Guest lmoelleb

I would not recommend you spend any time on this approach. Wait a day, then check the alternatives and make up your mind which way to do it. :)Yes, this is insider information, yes I need to provide more information, yes, I'll do that later, but now I need other stuff done first :)

Guest lmoelleb

You might want to check out this site:http://www.fsonline.dk/en/index.php?title=EditVoicepackYou can find a CTP release (so before beta level) of theFSX version of EditVoicepack. Unfortunatly I just discovered the phrases are not all working as well as they should, but fixing it would delay the CTP release for two weeks due to other commitments, so you'll have to live with that for a while. Notice you can deselect the bad phrases, but as the CTP can't save it's datafile you will have to deselect them again next time you start it. :(Anyway, please try it out and provide feedback on what should be changed etc while there is still time to make substantiel changes- it is a bit late when it has been released.