Sign in to follow this  
vonduck

New update awesome so far ....except glowing buttons!

Hey guys,

Awesome update for me so far...the A32NX flies lovely (when they fix the no1 engine start) ..but i did find that the mouse selection has changed for push and pull..along with stupid glowing buttons when you hover over them...i did manage to turn off the tool-tips..but is there a way to change the mouse back to what is was and stop those blasted glowing buttons?

Thanks guys..

Doug

i9 13900KF @ 5.5Ghz | MoBo MSI PRO Z690-A WiFi | Corsair Vengeance Black RGB RS 64gb DDR4 3200MHz | PNY RTX 4090 XLR Gaming Verto EPIC-X RGB TF | MP33 Pro 1TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD for OS | Samsung 870 QVO 2.5" 4TB SSD SATA2 | Corsair RM1000X 2021 1000W 80 Plus Gold PSU | Antec Dark Fleet DF700 Flux Gaming Case | Win 11 home | LG 48" C2 OLED 4K TV | G512 Keyboard | Razer Basilisk V2 Mouse | TCA Throttle, Sidestick and addons, peddles, TM1600 Hotas | TrackIR 5 | Tobii Eye Tracker | HP Reverb G2 HMD

Doug 

Yes, go back to legacy mode in options. I had the exact same experience and someone else posted in another thread to go legacy. 

Ah! So, go back to legacy and then back to modern? I heard legacy is no good for the FBW A2NX...?

i9 13900KF @ 5.5Ghz | MoBo MSI PRO Z690-A WiFi | Corsair Vengeance Black RGB RS 64gb DDR4 3200MHz | PNY RTX 4090 XLR Gaming Verto EPIC-X RGB TF | MP33 Pro 1TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD for OS | Samsung 870 QVO 2.5" 4TB SSD SATA2 | Corsair RM1000X 2021 1000W 80 Plus Gold PSU | Antec Dark Fleet DF700 Flux Gaming Case | Win 11 home | LG 48" C2 OLED 4K TV | G512 Keyboard | Razer Basilisk V2 Mouse | TCA Throttle, Sidestick and addons, peddles, TM1600 Hotas | TrackIR 5 | Tobii Eye Tracker | HP Reverb G2 HMD

Doug 

2 minutes ago, vonduck said:

Ah! So, go back to legacy and then back to modern? I heard legacy is no good for the FBW A2NX...?

No, in Options>Accessibility>its the option above tooltips.  You can chose locked or legacy. You want legacy. 

2 minutes ago, vonduck said:

Not the old legacy mode, there is a new legacy mode for the mouse in the menu.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

AHHHH! I see! Many thanks for that -ill crank it up and change the mouse to legacy

Thanks guys, saved heaps of stress! 😬😬

D

• Like 1

Doug 

does all this talk about Legacy mode (for push-pull buttons) refer to the pc or xbox?

I have a pc and I'm trying to use the push pull buttons/knobs on the A320 Airbus Autopilot...all the tutorial videos show that to push the button (for example, the altitude button), you select the altitude by moving the mouse left or right (increase or decrease altitude), and then you click above or below the button to pull it out to activate/deactivate the auto pilot altitude selection. The tutorial YouTube videos show an arrow appears above and below the button. My screen does not show the up or down arrow to enable push or pull...

Does this mean I should switch to the Legacy option ?

22 minutes ago, john g said:

I have a pc and I'm trying to use the push pull buttons/knobs on the A320 Airbus Autopilot...all the tutorial videos show that to push the button (for example, the altitude button), you select the altitude by moving the mouse left or right (increase or decrease altitude), and then you click above or below the button to pull it out to activate/deactivate the auto pilot altitude selection. The tutorial YouTube videos show an arrow appears above and below the button. My screen does not show the up or down arrow to enable push or pull...

Does this mean I should switch to the Legacy option ?

the simplest answer is that if you are using an Xbox controller, use Lock.. If using a PC and mouse.. use Legacy.  Legacy is what PC users had before SU5.

And again for clarity were NOT talking the flight model here.. we are talking Options>Accesability here 🙂

Graham

Edited by Moria15

System specs...   CPU AMD5950,  GPU AMD6900XT,  ROG crosshair VIII Hero motherboard, Corsair 64 gig LPX 3600 mem, Air cooling on GPU,   Kraken x pump cooling on CPU.  Samsung G7 curved 27" monitor at 2k resolution ULTRA default settings.

Think this actually solved the problem...

To be able to use the push-pull buttons on a pc MFS2020 for the A320 auto pilot settings, for example, you need to change the setting: General Options>Accessibility>Cockpit Interaction System> select Legacy, not Locked.

I originally use the Locked setting...I think it must have been default. I never would have known what the Legacy setting did without the earlier comments in this forum. Thank you all.

It looks like this change will then show the proper tools tips above and below the setting knobs and buttons to manually enter altitude, speed, and heading information for the auto pilot on the Airbus 320...

I wish they would offer an option to turn off the blue glow.  I've been playing with the new Lock mode for a bit with the A32NX and it works really well once you create a custom mouse profile and re-bind the secondary (and possibly Tertiary) click buttons.  You can use the same buttons, but until you clear and re-bind them it seems to be plagued by the same bug as some default controller profiles where the bind doesn't actually work.  The new Lock mode is actually somewhat similar to the CRJ's button/switch operation methods and also the WT CJ4 mod now apparently REQUIRES the Lock mode in order for all the switches to be fully controllable (like the pan stick for moving the charts around).  You can use the CJ4 mod without it, but some switches flat out won't work now apparently with the mouse in legacy mode.  I did unbind the middle click bind for the Tertiary click though and use one of my mouse's thumb buttons so it doesn't interfere the click toggling of mouse look with the middle button by default.

AMD Ryzen 5950X |  Asus Crosshair VIII Hero | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 w/EK waterblock | Full Custom Loop Cooling | GSkill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB DDR4-3600 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000W | Steelseries M750 TKL | SteelSeries Prime Wireless | Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo | Logitech Pro Flight Pedals | LG 34GN850 | Asus PG279Q | Win 11 Pro