Sign in to follow this  
Dominique_K

First impression

I'm not yet sure. First, performance boost is impressing. I could even increase trees/objects LODs from 200/200 to 600/400 without a remarkable fps reduction. Though, the effect of increased LODs is unimposing, maybe there is a internal restriction too. I don't suffer much on stutters which has been reported by others. Sun and clouds reflections on water seem to be reduced in quality a bit. It appears to me that there were made too many compromises for the sake of XBox performance. IMO, it is also not possible to evaluate the new update until ai traffic will work again.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

Hi,

That's right! Scenery pops slowly (at least in my case)! 

And more things:

- Trees everywhere. For example: LEVC. Valencia, Manises (Spain). Outside the airport there are an extra quantity of trees. I live in Valencia. I know very well my city and the airport. It seems now Borneo!

- Controls changed: brakes, trim, joystick... some in reverse axis! 

- FPS: Even though the flight is fluid the fps are, sometimes, lower than before! I wonder if Vsync is the culprit.

- Pois. There are a lot! I think we need a button in the taskbar to show / hide them at will.

I am liking this so far. Just on my first flight since update. In the lovely DC-6 and loving the performance. Significant difference for me. I have noticed the "pop-in" on occasion but it doesn't seem all that bad. Don't really like the blue markings on the instruments and various pop-ups but I bet that can be turned off(?). 

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

Flying around a coastal area at low level in the UK now. It looks bad - terrain (elevation mesh, not scenery) popping in and out constantly as you fly past it, I think because of the planned Xbox degradations. That said, tree draw distance is much improved, back to where the original August 2020 release was.

Scenery popping is noticeable in the distance at low level below 2,000ft. I guess at higher altitudes it becomes quite jarring.

i7-10700K; RTX 2070 Super; 16GB; P3Dv4.5HF3 & MSFS2020.

so far its been good yes a few hickups here and there but overall im happy with the results .... VERY HAPPY . if i had a older pc i would not be expecting any miracles . 

Image removed as image is no longer available.

Great update for me so far...

Specifically no lag when using pop-out screens (PFD etc)... loading times drastically reduced...smooth panning with Track-IR, no stutters to speak of...all round super happy with this one!

I was a bit slacked off with the default introduction of illuminated buttons and having to manually change the mouse to legacy mode... but once that was done its all good

Edited by vonduck
  • Like 1

i9 13900KF @ 5.5Ghz | MoBo MSI PRO Z690-A WiFi | Corsair Vengeance Black RGB RS 64gb DDR4 3200MHz | PNY RTX 4090 XLR Gaming Verto EPIC-X RGB TF | MP33 Pro 1TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD for OS | Samsung 870 QVO 2.5" 4TB SSD SATA2 | Corsair RM1000X 2021 1000W 80 Plus Gold PSU | Antec Dark Fleet DF700 Flux Gaming Case | Win 11 home | LG 48" C2 OLED 4K TV | G512 Keyboard | Razer Basilisk V2 Mouse | TCA Throttle, Sidestick and addons, peddles, TM1600 Hotas | TrackIR 5 | Tobii Eye Tracker | HP Reverb G2 HMD

Doug 

23 minutes ago, Fielder said:

Scenery popping in:

Start a flight in a small plane, small airport, parked on a main runway with scenery to see off in the distance on both sides. Do a cockpit quickview left and quickview right (snap views). I think you all will see how the scenery pops.

19riIk4.png

It never did before on my system. It always does now.

it's no secret that they have changed how they render things you can't see, no-onen's saying it doesn't exist, but that for some people's habits it may be exaggerated

relax - Asobo listen to what we say

• Like 1

Looks like they got another idea from X-Plane... First it was the Flight Dynamics, now the Popping !!!

X-Plane is still a reference ater all 🙂

I am still pushing the 44 GB update into my rig - left it running when I left home and intend to give it a try later...  so I can't really say anything about the impact of thsi update on my rig - I actually expecto to like it, less the newly introduced altimetry bug 😞

My major cocern will be to disable those xBox oriented features I've seen mentioned here & there, like new mouse control, etc...

Then I will have a look at that new ALTIMETRY BUG - and this is the kind of stuff that really worries me... I will most probably confirm it's true, and while I think it is a sign of some additional detail they wanted to model, it appears they coded it the wrong way 😕

Edited by jcomm

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

1 hour ago, Bert Pieke said:

For me as well, but I was also getting CTDs until I turned off all AI Traffic.

Same here 😉 plus 15+ fps at 2K with ultra settings so at 60 FPS (vsync on)....

Edited by awf

André

3 minutes ago, jcomm said:

My major cocern will be to disable those xBox oriented features I've seen mentioned here & there, like new mouse control, etc...

Pretty easy to do, change in settings/accessibility and choose legacy 🙂

• Like 2

André

1 hour ago, Alvega said:

I have a big performance improvement and didn't see any pop-ins yet. For me this is a great update so far.

same. look and feels great, behaves well. needs some tweaking (like instrument interaction back to legacy) but I am happy. no CTD so far, just did some discovery flights and NYC perfectly smooth. no stutters at all, nothing pops in. only issue just now when doing the french polynesia discovery flight at bora bora: did a waterlanding first and since then heard a "gear down for waterlanding" warning which did not stop even after I took off again, added by a "don't sink" when landing at the actual airport, both warnings did not stop even after having landed safely and parked the airplane. 

• Like 3

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Depending on aircraft 15% min to 22% max increase in FPS. The 172 no glass and the FI spit gives me the most FPS both before were 80 and now are 98, the hardest hitting aircraft for me is the PMDG DC-6 before 40 now 46.

Trees are back to how there where and unless I snap view I dont see the redraw but With Track IR I tend to use smooth head movments or even what I would call a glance is fine. But even a 180 snap from right to left is around a 0.1 redraw. It might be my M.2 but my first impressions are as normal people makeing mountains out of mole hills.

Also I noticed that running unlimited FPS hammers my 3080, so as normal, why people want to hammer to death there GPU (becasue I paid for it) is beyond me. I will V-Sy at 60hz and 30 FPS or 120hz and 40 fps..not sure ATM need more testing.

CPU, still likes a main thead but it was great to see all 20 being used.

No flights done but now with the DC-6 out I will be doing flights today with it.

• Like 5

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

4 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Also I noticed that running unlimited FPS hammers my 3080, so as normal, why people want to hammer to death there GPU (becasue I paid for it) is beyond me. I will V-Sy at 60hz and 30 FPS or 120hz and 40 fps..not sure ATM need more testing.

CPU, still likes a main thead but it was great to see all 20 being used.

David HT on is better performance in MSFS?

André

Well,

when I posted above I hadn't yet had the chance to try MFS SU5 because it was still downloading.

I am simply IN LOVE with it and whatever xBox represents !

In my particular case, other than the usual quirks with flight dynamics and weather, MFS now runs as good as I could ever have asked, in my semi-new rig, with an old GTX 960 4 GB GDDR3 GPU.

It's amazing to experience the new performance, and I really didn't notice / was heart by any popups !

WOW WOW and WOW !!!

P.S.: no problems with the interface, my settings preserved and actually able to set AA to levels I wasn't even allowed to think about before!

What more could I ask ?

Edited by jcomm
  • Like 4

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Once we stop the people wanting attention, and try it out ourselfs its amazing what rubbish is put on these forums.

Like LOD 400/400 only drops your FPS from 75 to 70....OK lets try that. With no tree mods or anything.

The hardest place I know is Orbx EGLC with Orbx London, so lets test...

LOD 200.............it might only drop a few 5-10 FPS in the middle of nowhere....but! this is a real test.

Unlimited-LOD-200.png

LOD 400

LOD-400.png

London at LOD 400

LOD-400.png

At LOD 300/300 I find my FPS to be just the same as before the update. But I gain LOD 300/300 and at that setting no matter what I do with my TrackIR i see no poping/redraw. Or its so small I just dont notice it. My M.2 might be helping?

The new update give 15% to 22% FPS increase in FPS over my old test done yesrterday moring. I could keep that bump or use LOD 300/300....thats up to me 🙂 I will lock FPS at 30 or 40 not sure ATM. I think I will stick with 30 and enjoy LOD 300/300.

So dont believe all the above or what anyone else says. Do your own tests and see how it works for you. One guy on here was about it have an heart attack at how "bad" it was going to be, and then I read his post saying now he tried it "its great".......what a forum this is sometimes.

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 10
  • Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip