Sign in to follow this  
737_800

CPU is getting hot

Hi,

I have experienced some hotter cpu cores. Before the Update I would get under 80°C. After flying couple of hours maybe some of the cores maxed out to 83-85. Now it's straight above 80°C and tends again to go to the 90°C. I thought I had my oc under control, but with this new update seem I need to figure everything out again. Running a i9-10850k with Noctua D15 @ 4,8 Ghz. CPU utilization is still about 10-16%, did they update this to multi core?

PS: How can I disable this annoying (for PC users at least) blue tool tips that appear when hovering over buttons or other aircraft switches?

Edited by 737_800

2 minutes ago, 737_800 said:

Hi,

I have experienced some hotter cpu cores. Before the Update I would get under 80°C. After flying couple of hours maybe some of the cores maxed out to 83-85. Now it's straight above 80°C and tends again to go to the 90°C. I thought I had my oc under control, but with this new update seem I need to figure everything out again. Running a i9-10850k with Noctua D15 @ 4,8 Ghz. CPU utilization is still about 10-16%, did they update this to multi core?

PS: How can I disable this annoying (for PC users at least) blue tool tips that appear when hovering over buttons or other aircraft switches?

Look into you setting.........

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

1 minute ago, Nyxx said:

Look into you setting.........

Which setting?

Look......its really really not hard......

Your CPU should stay below 60. Mine does and I run HT ON and all cores OC to 4.9, you seem to need better cooling. Also dont run unlimited FPS.

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

To eliminate the blue knobs, switch "cockpit interaction" (options->accessibility) to legacy

• Like 4

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

22 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Your CPU should stay below 60. Mine does and I run HT ON and all cores OC to 4.9, you seem to need better cooling. Also dont run unlimited FPS.

Your are running a 10900k, the 10850k are all 10900k that already has lost the silicon lottery. So just because you're below 60, doesn't mean a 10850k can handle that either.

Even with HT off, I get 87°C. Noctua D15 is one of the best on the market. I could install 2 more fan onto my Fractial Design 7 but that wouldn't help much, maybe 1-2°C. So I just don't know anymore how to handle this cpu. I was so happy before the update being able to run everything smooth and "cool" at 4,8ghz.

I don't see any increase in temp on my 10900k after the update, it max about 65c, but normal stays under 60c, It is the same as before.

Edited by Ixoye
  • Like 1

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

21 minutes ago, orchestra_nl said:

To eliminate the blue knobs, switch "cockpit interaction" (options->accessibility) to legacy

It doesn't completely get rid of it.  There's still some random blue eye with an arrow that shows up all the time.  

AMD Ryzen 5950X |  Asus Crosshair VIII Hero | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 w/EK waterblock | Full Custom Loop Cooling | GSkill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB DDR4-3600 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000W | Steelseries M750 TKL | SteelSeries Prime Wireless | Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo | Logitech Pro Flight Pedals | LG 34GN850 | Asus PG279Q | Win 11 Pro

2 minutes ago, flyinion said:

It doesn't completely get rid of it.  There's still some random blue eye with an arrow that shows up all the time.  

Turn "Menu Tooltips" and "Instrument Name Tooltips" off.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ixoye said:

I don't see any increase in temp on my 10900k after the update, it max about 65c, but normal stays under 60c, It is the same as before.

With those temps you probably didn't OC. Folks with temps in 80s probably OC to the chip limit.

3 minutes ago, Tomaz Drnovsek said:

With those temps you probably didn't OC. Folks with temps in 80s probably OC to the chip limit.

His temps are like mine, I have HT ON and every core is OC to 4.9.

Corsair iCUE H150i Pro XT 360mm. 

MSFS normal temp when running locked FPS around 46

Just now, Nyxx said:

His temps are like mine, I have HT ON and every core is OC to 4.9.

Corsair iCUE H150i Pro XT 360mm. 

MSFS normal temp when running locked FPS around 46

I guess it all depends on the lottery numbers then. I have the same CPU@5GHz with liquid cooling and my temps can go up to 80C on full load.

• Like 1

I also have HT ON and every core is OC to 4.9 and locked my fps to 38. I use Noctua D-15 and have a big case with three 140mm case fans.

Edited by Ixoye
  • Like 1

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

Been running MSFS here for a couple of hours and my CPU (5600x) is at 83c and my GPU (RTX 3070) at 77c.  That's about the same as they were pre update.  I would note that AMD CPUs do seem to run a lot hotter than Intel.  I have pretty well everything maxed out and on ultra settings.

59 FPS at 5,000 feet over Devon now locked at 60 FPS

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

1 hour ago, Nyxx said:

This is misleading. I'm not trying to call you out here, just making the point for other simmers who may now be having kittens because their CPU is reaching 80c. To be clear, in the vast majority of cases, 80c is absolutely fine and literally nothing to worry about.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2