Sign in to follow this  
roi1862

Washed out scenery colors ?

I however found one weird problem. White static aircraft seem to be purple-ish during sunset. Anyone noticing that?

McO045Y.jpg

Simming since FS 98. MSFS rig - Ryzen 3600 4.2Ghz - 32GB RAM 3600Mhz - Motherboard MSI 570 A Pro - RTX 2080 Ti -all overclocked - 2xNVME storage. PSU Corsair HX850i platinum. Average 30Fps on 4K ultra.

15 minutes ago, Redge said:

Once you load the sim, just go to the top of graphics settings in options. The HDR option is near the top. Just turn it on and you’re good to go. 

4 minutes ago, Bandyka said:

That exactly. Nothing more at this point. See how you go then later we can talk about calibrating BT2020 colour space etc 🙂

2 minutes ago, spacedyemeerkat said:

Answer to all of these is no 😁 Keep it simple and just turn HDR off in Windows settings once you're done with FS (or anything else you've turned it on for).

After it's turned on in Windows, just turn it on in the graphics settings in game, as Redge said, and you'll be good to go.

Thank you guys.

• Like 2

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

You know what, I've just tried this on mine (Asus PA329C) and it doesn't look too bad. It doesn't look trippy like in some of the shots here but it really doesn't look too bad at all. I will keep it like this for now and try different areas but a quick five minutes in and around Shoreham just now looked pretty good! 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Bandyka said:

I however found one weird problem. White static aircraft seem to be purple-ish during sunset. Anyone noticing that?

I haven't seen that yet. I'll have a look again tonight. I sadly have only the poor man's version of HDR (HDR400) so the effect isn't as big as I've seen in your screenshots, but it's still definitely an improvement on the default.

1 hour ago, Redge said:

I haven't seen that yet. I'll have a look again tonight. I sadly have only the poor man's version of HDR (HDR400) so the effect isn't as big as I've seen in your screenshots, but it's still definitely an improvement on the default.

HDR needs a bright screen but its not all about specular highlights, the Rec2020 color makes a huge difference towards looking much closer to real life in itself. I wish Asobo included an HDR pattern setup like any other game developer, that way you could set it up to suit your screen. Mine is an HDR projector so nowhere near the required brightness but  I am in a pitch black room and a 3 meter screen so the effect is very different to a monitor or TV. HDR is the way to go forward that's a fact.

Simming since FS 98. MSFS rig - Ryzen 3600 4.2Ghz - 32GB RAM 3600Mhz - Motherboard MSI 570 A Pro - RTX 2080 Ti -all overclocked - 2xNVME storage. PSU Corsair HX850i platinum. Average 30Fps on 4K ultra.

You hinted earlier you could help with the setup of the color profile. Rec2020 means nothing to me I’m afraid. What do I need to set up?

2 minutes ago, Redge said:

You hinted earlier you could help with the setup of the color profile. Rec2020 means nothing to me I’m afraid. What do I need to set up?

I am afraid that is a rather complicated calibration topic. You need a colorimeter and advanced knowledge to do it well or hire a calibrator.

I am an active member here and is a place for a wealth of knowledge.

https://www.avsforum.com/threads/colourspace-cms-next-generation-calibration-thread.3049142/page-50

• Like 1

Oh wow. Ok - it’s good enough as it is for me right now 😄

But thanks a lot for the link all the same. 

Now don't ask me why but I've just installed the latest Nvidia driver and I am back to pre update visuals. Weird but true.

EDIT . Actually no I'm not.

Edited by jarmstro

5 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

Now don't ask me why but I've just installed the latest Nvidia driver and I am back to pre update visuals. Weird but true.

Will give that a try. The colours on my non-HDR display look like absolute kak compared to pre-SU5.

2 minutes ago, DylanM said:

Will give that a try. The colours on my non-HDR display look like absolute kak compared to pre-SU5.

Yeah. I'm the same actually. Placebo methinks.

• Like 1

A lot of this has to be placebo TBH.

On 7/28/2021 at 2:59 AM, omarsmak30 said:

in UserOpt.cfg change these values and it will be the same as before:

Credit to @BijanStudio

All, changing these values & changing to the 2 LOD settings for terrain & objects  to 2.500000 has fixed my blurriness & color issues. 

EyeAdaptation 0
ColorGrading 0
Sharpen 1

Edited by rfelger
  • Like 1

UPS123.png

2 minutes ago, rfelger said:

All, changing these values & changing to the 2 LOD settings for terrain & objects  to 2.500000 has fixed my blurriness & color issues. 

EyeAdaptation 0
ColorGrading 0
Sharpen 1

Good stuff, question is, will it stay like that after a reboot??

Just now, Bandyka said:

Good stuff, question is, will it stay like that after a reboot??

Not sure but i always change the cfg file to read only after changes.

UPS123.png