Sign in to follow this  
roi1862

Washed out scenery colors ?

2 minutes ago, Baber20 said:

I dunno but I am really liking the new color grading and lighting. Didn't try in SDR though. Playing on C1 Oled with HDR on.

This is exactly the issue. it's been mapped for the dynamic range of HDR even when display in SDR.

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

2 minutes ago, fogboundturtle said:

100% asobo issue. Don't adjust your monitor or color in Windows.

If you read the topic if people are not happy, the 3 "fixers" that do nothing to solve the probelms they are talking about that they hate. If you use Nvidia control panel you can do it with MSFS open to make it, if you hate what you see ( I dont) to your likeing after you put it back to default its really no big deal. two clicks after you closed MSFS you windows is back to default. I agree dont adjust your monitor setting then self but if people want to change what they see they can and then change it back without touching the monitor setting its self.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

12 minutes ago, fogboundturtle said:

This is exactly the issue. it's been mapped for the dynamic range of HDR even when display in SDR.

I have a 600 HDR screen I might try turning it on. Never looked to see where it is in MSFS?

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

5 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

I have a 600 HDR screen I might try turning it on. Never looked to see where it is in MSFS?

I think it turns it on automatically if Windows HDR is on.

• Like 1

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

11 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

If you read the topic if people are not happy, the 3 "fixers" that do nothing to solve the probelms they are talking about that they hate. If you use Nvidia control panel you can do it with MSFS open to make it, if you hate what you see ( I dont) to your likeing after you put it back to default its really no big deal. two clicks after you closed MSFS you windows is back to default. I agree dont adjust your monitor setting then self but if people want to change what they see they can and then change it back without touching the monitor setting its self.

Changing the Gamma in the nvidia control panel is going to affect the look of the desktop and every other game on the PC. How can you change this just to correct the issues in MSFS?

All my other games are absolutely fine with the nvidia settings as they are!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, chickster25 said:

Changing the Gamma in the nvidia control panel is going to affect the look of the desktop and every other game on the PC. How can you change this just to correct the issues in MSFS?

All my other games are absolutely fine with the nvidia settings as they are!

read up its very simple and change it back after.

Open the nvidia panel run MSFS, hit ESC make you changers and see then in MSFS, when done revert to how ive said. IF you dont want to mess about leave well alone.

Edited by Nyxx

Just now, Nyxx said:

read up its very simple and change it back after.

Thats the whole point of the complaint, you should not have to override the global PC settings just to get it looking right for one particular application! That's just poor programming in the application itself, its either wrong in the application or they should give options to allow users to change it.

I dont have HDR screens yet poor programming means I cannot disable HDR!

12 hours ago, roi1862 said:

Anyone else noticed the colors got very washed out and looks way over exposed ? 

I don't notice any difference.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

5 minutes ago, Alvega said:

I don't notice any difference.

Its a bit brighter for me, thats all. But its down you everyones screen and not many have the same screen. So its all a bit pointless really, what looks good on my screen can look totaly diffrent on someone elses. It a bit like saying the blue on the A320 screen is the wrong blue ^^ really!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, fogboundturtle said:

it looks c..p in HDR as well. That was the first thing I tried. Its an Asobo stuff up they will need to correct.

Edited by Bandyka

Simming since FS 98. MSFS rig - Ryzen 3600 4.2Ghz - 32GB RAM 3600Mhz - Motherboard MSI 570 A Pro - RTX 2080 Ti -all overclocked - 2xNVME storage. PSU Corsair HX850i platinum. Average 30Fps on 4K ultra.

7 hours ago, Nyxx said:

Its a bit brighter for me, thats all. But its down you everyones screen and not many have the same screen. So its all a bit pointless really, what looks good on my screen can look totaly diffrent on someone elses. It a bit like saying the blue on the A320 screen is the wrong blue ^^ really!

Interesting, like you I am not concerned when flying (so long as I am outside of the cockpit) what I have found a challenge now is landing, especially in daylight Spain as the cockpit itself is EASIER to read now but the view of the airport is virtually whitened out. There is certainly some further MSFS tweaking to be done to get us closer back to where we were before SU5

• Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X on ROG CROSSHAIR VIIl DARK HERO (AM4), Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3080 V2 OC and 32 GB Vengeance Pro Ram 3600MHz. DELL Alienware AW3420DW 3440x1440 and DELL U2414H

This sim had always been washed out (in VR), if anything its a little worse than before the update but I need to do more flying in various conditions before coming to that conclusion.

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

SU5 sucked the colour and life out of the terrain. And it seems soft, can't put my finger on it though just seems soft.

Together with the scenery popping it's a big let down.

Edited by Mark_A
  • Like 1

It looks like a proper video game now. More like GTAV than a flight simulator. Changing ColorGrading to 0 definitely pushes the colour balance in the right direction on my set up but it still doesn't look as true to life as it did before. But it only seems to affect or be noticed by some users so I am not hopeful that it will ever be addressed. 

I'm in camp washed out. Everything is completely blown out. I reenabled HDR and did the UserCfg edits which helped out tremendously but even then the clouds are different. There is now something completely unnatural about them it reminds me of GTA V clouds

Edited by styckx
  • Like 1

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors