Actually that does look pretty good! 

40 minutes ago, Bandyka said:

Show me yours.

ill show you mine if you show me yours no touching mind lol 

4 minutes ago, FSUK_86 said:

ill show you mine if you show me yours no touching mind lol 

As long as you are a good looking female 😉 

• Like 1

Simming since FS 98. MSFS rig - Ryzen 3600 4.2Ghz - 32GB RAM 3600Mhz - Motherboard MSI 570 A Pro - RTX 2080 Ti -all overclocked - 2xNVME storage. PSU Corsair HX850i platinum. Average 30Fps on 4K ultra.

17 minutes ago, 6297J said:

Well, that's certainly not washed out 😉

Of course it isn't if the display is properly setup 😉 As you long as you don't mess with Gamma on the display and the PC (unless you know what you are doing) it should look proper.

Edited by Bandyka

Simming since FS 98. MSFS rig - Ryzen 3600 4.2Ghz - 32GB RAM 3600Mhz - Motherboard MSI 570 A Pro - RTX 2080 Ti -all overclocked - 2xNVME storage. PSU Corsair HX850i platinum. Average 30Fps on 4K ultra.

40 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

I think i will try HDR tonight, but no screenshots....damm.

You should, if your monitor's capable of it. Looks even better in HDR since the update. Well, on a properly calibrated monitor capable of HDR1000, anyway. More natural.

12 minutes ago, spacedyemeerkat said:

You should, if your monitor's capable of it. Looks even better in HDR since the update. Well, on a properly calibrated monitor capable of HDR1000, anyway. More natural.

Yep.

You guys should not be messing around gamma rays,look what happened to the Hulk.🤢

16 minutes ago, spacedyemeerkat said:

I will give it a go, mine is HDR600

How is it best to set up, I turned it on and I saw a slider with 2 pictures. But thats not much to go on. never tried it so any tips?

My G7 is fully calibrated and is stunning. But when I switch to HDR is looked very soft a bit wasted out, does it come into its own when in sim/game with HDR?

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

2 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

How is it best to set up, I turned it on and I saw a slider with 2 pictures. But thats not much to go on. never tried it so any tips?

Just have it turned in Windows and MSFS as well. Test first to see if you like it. Keep in mind it might seem darker at first. Let us know.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

My G7 is fully calibrated and is stunning. But when I switch to HDR is looked very soft a bit wasted out, does it come into its own when in sim/game with HDR?

This always happens when you turn on HDR in the Windows settings. It'll be different in game. You don't need to worry about firkling with any other settings.

9 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Also it might be clibrated for SDR but HDR is another one to calibrate for, however as others said don't worry aif Windows looks word not allowed, content will look good. Windows 11 supposed to fix this.

15 minutes ago, Bandyka said:

Just have it turned in Windows and MSFS as well. Test first to see if you like it. Keep in mind it might seem darker at first. Let us know.

12 minutes ago, spacedyemeerkat said:

This always happens when you turn on HDR in the Windows settings. It'll be different in game. You don't need to worry about firkling with any other settings.

7 minutes ago, Bandyka said:

Also it might be clibrated for SDR but HDR is another one to calibrate for, however as others said don't worry aif Windows looks word not allowed, content will look good. Windows 11 supposed to fix this.

Guys I have never done this so just walk me though it as a silly guy who has no idea about HDR.

I right click on desk top>display setting>HDR ON....am fine to this point..lol

Now my dest top is...well not looking good, wasted out etc. 

Now there is a two pictures HDR and SDR to the right and a slider......its set to 50% as default. Do I change that?

Turning on HDR in MSFS ive never done, is there setting in there to fine tune it?

Any help would be great, thank you.

EDIT: Do I need to then re-calabrate my G7 for HDR, not sure I want to do that? as its set up so well as it is.

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Once you load the sim, just go to the top of graphics settings in options. The HDR option is near the top. Just turn it on and you’re good to go. 

10 minutes ago, Redge said:

Once you load the sim, just go to the top of graphics settings in options. The HDR option is near the top. Just turn it on and you’re good to go. 

That exactly. Nothing more at this point. See how you go then later we can talk about calibrating BT2020 colour space etc 🙂

12 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Now there is a two pictures HDR and SDR to the right and a slider......its set to 50% as default. Do I change that?

Turning on HDR in MSFS ive never done, is there setting in there to fine tune it?

Any help would be great, thank you.

EDIT: Do I need to then re-calabrate my G7 for HDR, not sure I want to do that? as its set up so well as it is.

Answer to all of these is no 😁 Keep it simple and just turn HDR off in Windows settings once you're done with FS (or anything else you've turned it on for).

After it's turned on in Windows, just turn it on in the graphics settings in game, as Redge said, and you'll be good to go.