Sign in to follow this  
YoYo

CTD SU5 during flight

2 minutes ago, John Fields said:

Hi,

Now I intended to do the same flight without any addon.

And, guess what! Another CTD!

If you look at the MSFS forums (not only AVSIM) you can realize that the problem of CTDs after SU5 update is very widespread.

Maybe Asobo didn't test this update enough!

With the exception of click spots on Carenado planes many release ago, I never had a ctd, ever.  I have had 2 so far after release, and several flights that simply would not launch as it hung on the loading screen.  I have zero mods, thus nothing in the community folder.

On a whim, I removed the slight overclock on my cpu, and viola, no more issues.  Component temperatures are fairly low as well, so I don’t think it was that.

I believe there maybe more going underneath the hood of the new rendering engine than I might’ve thought.

I would have thought that Beta testing across a diverse hardware base would have revealed issues.

I9-13900kf - rtx4090

32gb ddr5 4800mhz, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD

internet - 300+ mbs / Honycomb Alpha yoke / Saitek Throttle

Dell 43” 4K 

6 minutes ago, John Fields said:

Hi,

Now I intended to do the same flight without any addon.

And, guess what! Another CTD!

If you look at the MSFS forums (not only AVSIM) you can realize that the problem of CTDs after SU5 update is very widespread.

Maybe Asobo didn't test this update enough!

Could you try the same flight with out live weather? Also go to data and turn off all online server settings. Those ctd's  act randomly while you flying, loading or even on just clicking on home/menu.

Since i removed A32NX didnt have any ctd ( so far ) but maybe this is not the main cause. I start to believe that those crashes have to do with live weather or MSFS online services.

Intel Core i9-13900K | ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce RTX 4090 GAMING OC 24GB | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | DDR5 64GB 6000-30 Trident Z5 RGB | Corsair ICUE H170i Elite Capellix RGB | Corsair 7000D Airflow ASUS ROG Thor Platinum II 1200 Watt | Samsung SSD 990 Pro NVMe M.2 2TB & 1TB | Alienware AW3423DW | Asus ROG Swift PG279Q 27" Gaming Monitor | VKB-Sim Gladiator Mk.II | Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant Airbus Edition

3 hours ago, Nyxx said:

ALSO:

Prosser laso and HWmonitor are known to cause CTD with MSFS.

Reminds me of a game I played this year ( the guy from the walking dead) and if I had MSI afterburner running in any way shape for forum CTD close MSI aftrburner, all good.

No CTD issues when using PL on both pc’s …

David, you are absolutely right about the 3080/90. They blow their Hot air sideways into the case.

Now with high temps in the rooms I leave the case doors open. 

Regards, Gerard

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

11 minutes ago, Seth2021 said:

Could you try the same flight with out live weather? Also go to data and turn off all online server settings. Those ctd's  act randomly while you flying, loading or even on just clicking on home/menu.

Since i removed A32NX didnt have any ctd ( so far ) but maybe this is not the main cause. I start to believe that those crashes have to do with live weather or MSFS online services.

Hi,

Yes, I've tried everything!

Weather on off, air traffic on off, dev mode on off, addons on off, Vsync on off, Graphics by default, Nvidia settings by default... you name it!

1 minute ago, GSalden said:

No CTD issues when using PL on both pc’s …

David, you are absolutely right about the 3080/90. They blow their Hot air sideways into the case.

Now with high temps in the rooms I leave the case doors open. 

Regards, Gerard

Good to hear Gerard, some report about it, just passing it on, but glad to here is OK your end.

You want to youtube new world and brick 3090...OMG! a game that "bricks" your 3090...I kid not, go look. But yer my first 3080 was a heat mess and 3090 are even worst by design. Locking FPS really does help.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

4 hours ago, HiFlyer said:

Don't know what your processor is, but those temps seem high

69-82C in stress test (water cooled) its a high? No, it doesnt :biggrin:.

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

What a mess this update 😱

Edited by supersym

i9 13900K    HT off 32 Gb DDR5 @ 7.6  Ghz CL36 Asus Apex HERO Z790  W11 64 bits pro sur Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To,  DCS, P3D5 et MSFS sur 2 ème   Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To , RTX 3090 OC (GPU 2Ghz)  Alim Corsair 1500 W  Gold Ecran ACER  28 pouces  4K  G-SYNC
WC  AIO ARTIC liquid freezer II 420 Boitier Gigabyte 3d mars

So. After deleting the FBW A320 (older dev version) I managed to finish a 4.5hr flight (real time). 

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

1 minute ago, Swe_Richard said:

So. After deleting the FBW A320 (older dev version) I managed to finish a 4.5hr flight (real time). 

Was that the latest dev version or an older one? Because they have a new dev version out. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

7 minutes ago, RobJC said:

Was that the latest dev version or an older one? Because they have a new dev version out. 

It was an older version (according to the installer). Can’t say if it was the culprit either, though. Might be just down to chance as well. Will try another flight asap. 

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

9 minutes ago, Swe_Richard said:

It was an older version (according to the installer). Can’t say if it was the culprit either, though. Might be just down to chance as well. Will try another flight asap. 

There is a new dev version available. Just use the installer, as it shows if an update is available. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

3 hours ago, Andy675 said:

Thanks Mikey, I did as suggested but I still crash out of the sim at the 'Fly now' page. I guess I will have to wait and hope the FBW team come up with a solution.

That’s too bad. One other thing you can try is capping your FPS to 30 using Nvidia control panel (mileage may vary here depending on what GPU you have). 

49 minutes ago, MikeyOnTheFlightDeck said:

That’s too bad. One other thing you can try is capping your FPS to 30 using Nvidia control panel (mileage may vary here depending on what GPU you have). 

Hi,

I have a RTX3070 video card. I have set the FPS to 30 as you suggested but to no avail. I have to now accept defeat. Thanks for your help.

4 hours ago, Swe_Richard said:

Well. Just did another 3hr flight. No issues. Haven't installed the new version of the A320 yet. Might have been the issue after all.. (?).

Richard