Sign in to follow this  
FS++

Any feedback on recent SU5 update

From a MCE perspective of course 🙂

Update process is awful and is gonna take ages to complete. Any heads-up

Anything broken with MCE in MSFS?

Thanks.

Hello,

I have not tested this yet; but just a few hints for those who have to  wait for a very long time for their update to complete, You can limit your gpu framerate in NVIDIA control panel or the AMD equivalent and for your CPU you can  go to the power options of windows,  edit one of the power plant presets, (balanced for example) and change maximum processor usage from 100% to 30% or so.

I use a gaming laptop to run msfs and running the launcher for  9 hours with the cpus at 80C temprature would really hurt my system, so i thought i share this just in case.

Edited by hadi
  • Like 1

Not finished the update download yet, but I suspect that it wouldn't affect MCE functionality too much, and even if it does, I know a patch would be out quickly to sort it.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Aerosoft CRJ appears to have suffered from the update. I can't access the HUD, either from MCE command or using mouse. HUD appears non functional. Also FMS navigation isn't working. Basic MCE commands function, but can't dial altitude from MCE. Log shows some LVars haven't loaded, so that's probably why. MCE UI shows correctly loaded aircraft and livery and copilot aboard.

The FBW Airbus (all versions including Asobo marketplace download) doesn't work with MCE commands. MCU UI displays it's loaded the co pilot on correctly identified and loaded plane, but nothing works. This is with very latest MCE version with checks to ensure everything's loaded. Also FBW Airbus flight deck has flickering graphics and the EFB doesn't work, it just glows a strange biege colour? MCE log shows no LVars are loaded. 

These are the only complex add ons I use with MSFS. 

MCE does work with native Asobo aircraft, with basic flight control functionality. MCE correctly identified all native aircraft. So I can fly over those Elephants and Rhino's!🥴

Regards.

David.

EDIT.

I posted in the Aerosoft CRJ forum and they are aware of serious issues with MSFS update5 and are working on an update. I was awarded a "conversation starter" award by the forum, but then got told off for posting in the wrong area! Can't win really can you?😜

(P3d still looks good!)🤭

Edited by charlie130
Clarity CRJ being updated

Hi Team,

Have just finished installing MSFS update.

Co-pilot acknowledges me when I ask what my call sign is but cannot communicate with ATC in Sim as yet?

I was Flying Asobo Cessna Float Plane, I will reinstall MCE.

Regards BRIAN

BJ from OZ

Edited by baxterbj

16 hours ago, baxterbj said:

Hi Team,

Have just finished installing MSFS update.

Co-pilot acknowledges me when I ask what my call sign is but cannot communicate with ATC in Sim as yet?

I was Flying Asobo Cessna Float Plane, I will reinstall MCE.

Regards BRIAN

BJ from OZ

I have same experience. I reinstalled, but that has not fixed the problem.

I have had this problem on occasion, with the previous ver. of MSFS, but a restart of MCE would usually get me up and running; but with this SU5, it seems I am just plain unable to voice communicate with ATC.

If I ask the1st officer to do talk to atc, I am told now is not the time to transmit. or something close to that. 

I have to mouse click atc.

Robin

I installed the latest MCE version. But deleted the fsuipc-lvars folder before launching. MCE detected this and installed the up to date fsuipc-lvars folder. This works with the Aerosoft CRJ!😁

Since this is the only ATPL I fly in MSFS, thats OK by me. (is there another ATPL aircraft?)

Aerosoft have acknowledged there are issues and are working on a patch. Principally the HUD wont retract and the FMC flight plan doesnt track. I tried out the CJ4 (latest U5 version) and this does track the FMC flight plan, so I guess its over to Aerosoft now?

Meanwhile the CRJ is now flyable with a First Officer. Thanks MCE guys..your tops!😉

Also, meanwhile the FBW Airbus has bitten the dust. The latest Asobo "patch" to the latest update v5, has failed to resolve the CTD experienced with all versions of the FBW Airbus, even the Marketplace FBW Airbus. Clicking on Fly Now and I get a CTD 100%!

If you read the "what to do" instructions, on the FS report a problem site, Asobo recommend uninstalling FBW Airbus from the simulator. So I guess that speaks for itself. Thank you Asobo, at least I know its not just me! FBW have got it wrong, if Asobo are telling us to uninstall the thing, then thats good enough for me. Boot Hill can rest in peace! YES, I refer to the Wild West..100's, yes 100's of programmers all working on a project (FBW thats YOU), without a project manager! Please give me a break! 

Oh BTW I think the native ATC is also broken! I only use Pilot2ATC, so Im only guessing!

Best Regards

David

Edited by charlie130
Native ATC busted. FBW Busted at last!

I believe the stable version of fbw no longer works with  sim update 5; which means that MCE could ignore it!

1 hour ago, hadi said:

I believe the stable version of fbw no longer works with  sim update 5; which means that MCE could ignore it!

Hadi, none of the versions appear to work. FS have stated to uninstall the MSFS Market version as a solution to the CTD so I take that as read that it's faulty! 

I myself have tried all versions and get a CTD with them.

Regards.

2 hours ago, charlie130 said:

Hadi, none of the versions appear to work. FS have stated to uninstall the MSFS Market version as a solution to the CTD so I take that as read that it's faulty! 

I myself have tried all versions and get a CTD with them.

Regards.

Oh this reminds me to write something that i read; After the release of su5, many users had ctd issues so they  released a hotfix; however, the hotfix did not actually fix anything. As in, the fix was never pushed to users, something has gone wrong and they didn't apply the fix to the  update! Hope this is useful to MCE users, if you're having issues with msfs and crashing, must wait for the next hotfix that's supposed to come with the actual fix!

info here: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/wrong-temperatures/424391/310

Edited by hadi

6 hours ago, hadi said:

Oh this reminds me to write something that i read; After the release of su5, many users had ctd issues so they  released a hotfix; however, the hotfix did not actually fix anything. As in, the fix was never pushed to users, something has gone wrong and they didn't apply the fix to the  update! Hope this is useful to MCE users, if you're having issues with msfs and crashing, must wait for the next hotfix that's supposed to come with the actual fix!

Unless the CTD happens under specific conditions (when you do something in particular), didn't have that with very latest FlyByWire dev edition which I recommend people get from their site and not Microsoft store which may still have the buggy one.

https://flybywiresim.com/

The stable version wasn't working when I last tried it (including one more update yesterday), but the Dev version should be OK, at least from the buttons switching perspective. I'm not into deep testing of FMC-VNAV functionality or things like that.

• Like 1

On 7/31/2021 at 2:53 AM, hadi said:

I have uninstalled the MSFS Marketplace FBW Airbus. FS support recommended the uninstall, so there is obviously a problem with that version.

All the FBW versions from the installer exhibit the same behaviour, on my system, namely CTD after hitting "fly now". 

I have uninstalled the FBW Airbus and will leave it alone for now.

The CRJ is being worked on by Aerosoft. Mathjis has stated, on their forum, that they are aware of issues and are waiting for Asobo to help them. Currently the stated issues are inaccurate airspeed indications on HUD and PFD. Also I personally had difficulty lowering and retracting the HUD. After the "Hotfix patch" I have more consistent results with the HUD retraction. The airspeed is s big problem. Approaches are prone to diving into the stall zone, making them very dicey. The flap drag seems to have increased, making 45 landing flaps unusable?

I continue to suffer unreliable FMC route tracking and have to use Heading to re acquire the FMC track. I also have very unreliable ILS acquisition, especially with the glideslope.

I also have the Working Title CJ4. Now this little beauty tracks the FMC course in mode correctly and has impeccable ILS tracking. Working Title have a latest upgrade that appears to work with Update 5? I only had one CTD, but this may have been attributed to the Asobo AI Traffic, which they tell you is a cause of CTD, so advise disabling the feature.

The Cessna's seem ok though, apart from the failure to lower/raise the water rudders on the amphibian and I can't raise the gear on the amphibian either.🤭

Best regards.

David

Edit. An aweful lot of added applications (payware and freeware) appear to have conflicts with the Asobo Update 5. This leads one to conclude that removing all mods from the community folder is the only way to run MSFS with some measure of confidence. I wonder if all this was done in the name of XBox users, who will run MSFS in vanilla form anyway?🤫

Edited by charlie130
Comment re mods