Sign in to follow this  
Guest LSflyguy

FSX Service Pack ??? When ? Who ? What ? How ?....

Guest CDAhmedEH

Hi, I've been reading on Phil Taylor's blog (I think) and he mentioned something about a patch that will improve performance. Am I hallucinating or is there really going to be a patch ? What will it fix/improve and when will it be released ?Thanks

Guest iwantmydc3

>Hi, >>I've been reading on Phil Taylor's blog (I think) and he>mentioned something about a patch that will improve>performance. Am I hallucinating or is there really going to be>a patch ? What will it fix/improve and when will it be>released ?>>Thanks1. Yes2. Maybe3. Don't hold your breath.If I know them, the "patch" will require Vista, because it will probably need DX10. So, I'll pass...I don't have #200 for a new O/S and $600 for a new video card, just to see if FSX will run a little better. I wasn't born yesterday, you know.

The patch is not the DX10 patch, they've made this clear multiple times. It will be a DX9 patch supporting both XP and Vista...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest allcott

Yeah, the DX10 patch comes much later. Allcott

Once the sp1 is out, that's all this forum will write about for a week or so, so there won't be any mistake. Half the posts will be how sp1 sucks, half will be how frames doubled.scott s..

Download the bat files that half (or 1/4 -> your choice) the size of the FSX textures / autogen and your frames will double. Happy Days :)Donning the fire-proof suit ....

The longer it takes, the more expensive this patch is going to be for MS. I know that MS is a rich concern but is there anyone awake out there?

Dave Taylor gb.png

>Once the sp1 is out, that's all this forum will write about>for a week or so, so there won't be any mistake. Half the>posts will be how sp1 sucks, half will be how frames doubled.>>scott s.>.>Nah!:)Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

>The longer it takes, the more expensive this patch is going>to be for MS. I know that MS is a rich concern but is there>anyone awake out there?Dave, with respect, the very fact that it IS taking awhile to get this ready indicates the level of ACES' concern. They have made it very, very clear that their primary focus is on performance of FSX, with "bug fixing" taking second place.Anyone who thinks ACES will release SP1 before it's been throughly vetted is simply wrong... ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Only ACES knows for sure, but my guess is we've got a 4-6 week wait still.Regards,Mark

i9-13900K @ 5.8Ghz / Asus TUF 4090 OC / 32 GB DDR 5 / Corsair 1000W PS /  Pimax Crystal / 2 SATA SSD / 2TB M2 SSD/ DOF Reality H3 motion platform/ Win 11 

Yep. I predict it will be a long, long looong time before ACES comes out with SP1. I'm usually not too optimistic about these types of things. And by then AXP's A320 and VRS's F/A-18E will be out and then I'll probably have forgotten all about FSX.

>Dave, with respect, the very fact that it IS taking>awhile to get this ready indicates the level of ACES' concern.Or it indicates the lack of personel thats available to work on a program that already generated its income. Any extra programmer time eats into their profits...>Anyone who thinks ACES will release SP1 before it's been>throughly vetted is simply wrong... ;)Yes they seriously tested FS-X and listened to the guys that had the early Demo versions. They evaluated the performance problems they had with their own demo setups and gave us the optimezed FS-X released version we now have(or they just shoved it out the door at the time marketing wanted it).Nothing personal at you but ACES has to proof a lot with this patch. If they don't I'll stay with FS9 and take al their further press releases with a large grain of salt. They relay droped the ball with FS-X retail version.

simcheck_sig_banner_retro.jpg

Guest Capn Afrika

Well....good things come to those that wait....okChill out.