Sign in to follow this  
Rucki

Butter smooth settings recommendation for Oculus Rift (SU5)

I’ve just read about an upcoming hotfix and then WU6 (late August) which will address several issues, including the camera movement stuttering.  I’m hopeful this restores the VR experience on Oculus.  

rgds, JB

Intel 11900K @ 5.0GHz, MSI Z590, 32GB G.Skill 3600Mhz, RTX 4080 MSI Ventus, GoFlight modules, HP Reverb G2 VR, FlyVirtual.net, Private Pilot SEL rating

Sorry about my English.

I also got stuttering with the new SU5 update. I have this only with nVidia drivers latest than 465.89 version. I experimented for 2 days with any driver version.

I check this by looking (in VR, in pilot window) at the leading edge of the wing of the plane. It starts to stutter and becomes smudged. And the runway also goes under the wing, as if in jerks. I fly mainly on the TBM930, and I checked it on it.

With the drivers of version 465.89, everything is smooth for me (no stuttering, the wing of the aircraft is straight, and runway not in jerks.), as before the SU5 update with newer than 465.89 drivers versions.

Maybe this will help someone.

Regarding the FOV for Oculus Tray Tool, yes it's the Fov mirror setting.  Oddly, at least for the Oculus 2, it sets the FOV in the headset as well.  To change the settings I have to exit out of vr using the vr toggle, then save the settings and go back in.  

Also of note, Ultra Clouds killed my frame rates.  Basically with them on in any area, 22-25 fps.  Turn them off I stick at 40 fps (hz is set at 80 in the oculus app).  Confirmed this flying around Iceland in multiple aircraft and also Homer Alaska.  I'm leaving the cloud textures on high.

Just one other thing to check.

Also, I'm on a 3090 and 10900K so mileage may vary.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, slashed2 said:

Regarding the FOV for Oculus Tray Tool, yes it's the Fov mirror setting.  Oddly, at least for the Oculus 2, it sets the FOV in the headset as well.  To change the settings I have to exit out of vr using the vr toggle, then save the settings and go back in.  

I'm new to VR, Quest2. Same with me, to have the TT values stick, I have to CTL TAB out of VR , save TT settings, CTL TAB back into VR. Same as Slash, in other words.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.