I'm getting very long hangs at times.  Like 40 seconds.  it's weird

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

1 minute ago, micstatic said:

make sure your controller is not disconnecting.

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

6 minutes ago, fogboundturtle said:

make sure your controller is not disconnecting.

nope.  it's good

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Yep, just had a CTD too, had 2 or 3 in a year and always because of mods.

R5 3600 - GTX 1070OC - 32GB 3200 - NVME - 3440x1440 160Hz - VR(Quest 2)
GarbagePoster

My CTD's are definitely related to the Flybywire mod ... 

The sim CTD's upon loading at the gate. I tried loading at EGLL at least 5 times earlier, each with the same result and a CTD a couple of seconds after loading in.

I tried:

• Developer and Experimental versions of A32NX, with fresh installs
  • With/without AI
  • Cleared rolling cache and removed all other items from Community folder

On the final attempt, I loaded in with exactly the same settings and flight plan, but the default A320 and that worked, so my issue seems to relate to the FBW mod somehow 😳

Yep, same here. Had CTDs most of the time.

Now with all air traffic off not one ....

Nvidia 4090 | AMD 5950X | 128GB DDR4 3200 | LG C1 48"
TCA Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Bravo | TPR Rudders | Stream Deck XL | Tobii 5

41 minutes ago, micstatic said:

Unfortunately, many add-ons are not compatible with the new MSFS update.  It happens with almost every update for MSFS.  The add-on creator usually needs to fix their add-on so that it's compatible with the new MSFS update.

Make sure your Community folder is backed up (some people just rename their Community folder and MSFS will create a new Community folder).  Run MSFS with an empty Community folder.  Try a few test flights and make sure everything is smooth.  See if you get the 40 second long stutters.  If everything is smooth and you don't get the 40 second long stutters, add back the add-ons until you get CTDs and/or the 40 second long stutters - this will help you track which add-on is not compatible with the new update.

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

I got many and many CTD's with SU5 and I was not able complete any flight. But my CTD's are away now 🙂 I did only one small thing, I switched MSFS graphic settings from my previous "custom" to "Ultra" and set again some item manually how I want and suddenly everything works without CTD. I think, that there are many changes in MSFS graphics on background, although graphic settings menu looks the same. But some items may collide with old versions graphic settings and if you select some select, it load all items from the begining and do not collide. Who still have CTD, can to try it.

3 hours ago, John Fields said:

Hi, again!

Another CTD!

- No addons in the Community folder.

- No air traffic!

Did you also disable the other traffic like vehicles, ships and boats etc?

I made the same mistake, disabled AI Aircraft traffic only but still got CTD's when zooming into the world map until turning off all traffic. 

I had a couple of very smooth and enjoyable flights after updating but nevertheless am absolutely stumped and amazed how something this evident made it into a major production release. 

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

31 minutes ago, Stoopy said:

Did you also disable the other traffic like vehicles, ships and boats etc?

I made the same mistake, disabled AI Aircraft traffic only but still got CTD's when zooming into the world map until turning off all traffic. 

As I said before, then what the heck is the point?  Having AI traffic, road traffic, ships and boats etc are the only thing that keep it from being you alone in the entire world, like in FS-2000.

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

Just now, andyjohnston.net said:

As I said before, then what the heck is the point?  Having AI traffic, road traffic, ships and boats etc are the only thing that keep it from being you alone in the entire world, like in FS-2000.

Yes we all agree but my point was to assist the distinguished Mr. Fields with his CTD issue, not discourse the merits of flying in an apparent post-zombie-apocalyptic world. Until such time as the developer corrects it and issues a fix, preferably a hotfix ASAP.

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

2 minutes ago, DeCampos said:

CTD as well after a few minutes flying

Show off - I'm on my 3rd ctd just downloading the update. It is also downloading slower than hell......

Wish I could just install the whole thing via Steam - faster and far more stable than the MS installer....

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

Hi,

Finally, yesterday, I I was able to complete a flight (the first one since the update). No addons, no real weather, no dev mode, no air traffic either!

4 hours ago, John Fields said:

Hi,

Finally, yesterday, I I was able to complete a flight (the first one since the update). No addons, no real weather, no dev mode, no air traffic either!

live weather really should not be a problem, i have that always on, no issues.

remember this can/is an issue with every update still coming..my solution, use only  a handfull addons for now.

Edited by wim123