Sign in to follow this  
CLE_AA-5B_GrummanTiger

How to determine airport ILS/RNAV approach availability?

Is there a quick and easy way to see if an airport has ILS/RNAV capabilities? For example, in Little Navmap, I can tell if an airport has such capabilities, especially ILS, as denoted by a green approach vector overlaying on the map with its appropriate heading.

I also use skyvector, but don't see a quick an easy way to see ILS/RNAV approaches at a glance except for right-clicking on an airport in the flight plan field and seeing what plates it has. I fly GA aircraft and favor smaller airports, but would like it if those airports has the aforementioned capabilities.

Looking up plates for an airport is kind of tedious while I just want a quick look. Right now, Little Navmap is my go-to for that, but wondering if I'm missing out on other solutions.

I also use skyvector, but don't see a quick an easy way to see ILS/RNAV approaches at a glance except for right-clicking on an airport in the flight plan field and seeing what plates it has. 

IMO Skyvector is a good source for runway specific instrument procedures. I also use simbrief, the simbrief downloader, littlenavmap and simplatesX ultra for flight plan building. All of which are FS2020 friendly. Simplates X ultra has many helpful foreign airport details. 

skyvector.jpg

Any EFB (Electronic Flight Bag) app would have that information. I use Foreflight on my iPad for my flight simulator flying as well as for my real flying (C-152, C-172 G1000).

If you don't have an EFB just use a website that lets your download IFR approach plates for the airport you're flying to. If you interested in whether or not an airport has an ILS then you must have the plate to know how to fly it. You cannot fly an ILS approach without its plate.

>but don't see a quick an easy way to see ILS/RNAV approaches at a glance except for right-clicking on an airport in the flight plan field and seeing what plates it has.

I don't know of an easy at a glance way to do that. You'll have to click somewhere to call up the plates.

Edited by rfresh737