Sign in to follow this  
swissdani

FS2Crew keeps on picking up runway voice command

Hi Bryan

Since a few flights now I have the problem that fs2crew keeps on picking up the word runway out of nowhere. The problems happens in the 747, 737 and the FSL airbus. Never had this before. It happens even if there is absolute silence in the room and all volumes turned down.

Any idea what could cause this?

Dani

Please try this:

1. Delete your voice profile on the Windows voice speech recognition page.

2. Retrain you voice.

It has to be picking up sound from somewhere.

3. Also double check you audio input devices.

Best,

Hello Bryan

Thank you, I will try when I got the time to do so. That is the strange thing, it's silent in my office, nobody talking or any sound and it still picks up stuff. Only one microphone attached. Very strange.

3 hours ago, swissdani said:

I checked that again, it seems like sometimes a breath gets picked up though

In that case, I'd suggest just keeping your mic a bit further from your mouth and reduce mic sensitivity.

Cheers,

Hi Bryan

I am coming back to you once for more for this issue. I bought a brand new mic and tested it with the FSL bus. It works like a charm and no false runway calls are picked up. However in the PMDG 747 it still does happen, even with different mic positions around my mouth. I noticed it gets worse when I do 2 flights in a row without sim restart. On the 2nd flight it sometimes picks up 5 or 6 runway callouts in a row, even when it's 100% silent in the room. This just started happening after upgrading to version 2.0. Did something change there?

The speech system is the same between each version of FS2Crew, at least for the FSX/P3D versions.

The only difference is the grammar files that contain the words each version uses.

I'm wondering if the mic is picking up RAAS?  Do you hear "On Runway XX"... "Approaching Runway XX".  If so, that's RAAS in operation.

And maybe the system is hearing "Runway" from that.

But even if it hears "Runway", it probably won't trigger any event as far I recall, so it really makes no difference.

It can only be an issue if "Runway" is connected to a triggerable action.

Cheers,

Hi Bryan 

Sorry I was away a few days. I do have RAAS installed but not using it with the airbus planes as the real ones don't have this system installed, or at least the airlines I am flying :-) So no, that can't be the source.

When the system hears runway it's only triggering the FO to say checked. I didn't notice any other action from the FO side. It's just annoying when you hear 4 or 5 checked shorty behind each other for no reason.

It would be a falsely detected FMA callout probably.  That's why the FO is replying "checked".

Check the config options; some FS2Crew's have an option to disable FMA callout detection.

But still, if the room is absolutely silent, the system shouldn't be detecting anything.

Please try with Hard Mute on.

Edited by byork

With hard and soft mute on it doesn't pick up anything. 

I am just upgrading to v5 at the moment, so no access to the sim, but I will check the FMA callouts once the sim is back up running.