Sign in to follow this  
Guest Pardue802

Is it time to go Mac?

>>Nothing to worry about, it is actually quite hard to influence>your lack of thinking.>>Jean-Paul>Hardly. Of course thinking to you seems to infer agreeing with your POV. You seem to be more in the lemming camp, Jean-Paul. In order not to devolve this further into a personal attack thread (which seems to be what some do when they can't discuss the merits with people who don't agree with their POV), I'll not be replying again.

This is really a moot point! You all can move to a MAC You won't be hurting MS at all, since you will still be running it on Windows XP, MS will be happy! Curious to see if MAC's bootcamp will run Vista, or even if it's legal too. IE: Did MS adjust their Eula to prohibit Vista on MAC? Personally I doubt it, since MS is essentially a software company, and doesn't much care what computer it runs on. Apple on the other hand, is a hardware/software company, so it very much want to limit who could run their software/OS. Everyone hails this bootcamp as the best thing since slice bread! Well guess what Windows has had this built into it's OS for years! The reason you can run Windows on a MAC and not MAC/OS on a PC is not technical, it's legal. Now who's being monopolistic? Apple has always targeted the creative base ie graphic designers, movie makers as their base, so you all go continue to bash MS, but if it wasn't for them I submit to you, we wouldn't has a flightsim at the level we have with FS9 or FSX if it was left to Apple! Since they moved to MAC from the old Apple II's, have they ever seriously developed a flightsim or for that matter any other 3D entertainment title? Also the reason Apple is doing better today than before, isn't the MAC, it's the IPOD! That's what really saved them! As for DRM, Apple also has to deal with this! This is not something Apple or MS is doing to "Control" us! This is something the motion picture industry and RIAA has imposed on them in order to play HD or music content, which is in both MS and Apple's interest. In fact there was a story in the news this week that Apple is partitioning these groups to lift this requirement! Fat chance, I don't think they'll do it voluntarily.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

>No....normal, INTELLIGENT, independent thinking people are not>the slightest bit "scared" of Microsoft. They're just FED UP>with their disdain and disrespect for their customers.>Of course, when you throw around ludicris statements like that you need to exlain: what customers are we discussing? ...Are we discussing the small number of highly vocal individuals who fancy themselves as technology gurus and see black helicopters and "the man" around every corner? ...or are we discussing the vast majority of retail customers who don't get involved in technology religion and just use technology in straightforward ways?...or are we discussing the vast majority of enterprise business customers who invest large sums of money in infrastructure and applications from Microsoft to obtain business value for their companies?...or maybe it's the group of "customers" who think that software and other people's intellectual property should be free for the taking?Which set of customers are you discussing?

"Hardly. Of course thinking to you seems to infer agreeing with your POV. You seem to be more in the lemming camp, Jean-Paul.In order not to devolve this further into a personal attack thread (which seems to be what some do when they can't discuss the merits with people who don't agree with their POV), I'll not be replying again."Rather pathetic after your "and neither do I let a bunch of anti-MS zealots influence my thinking on a forum" tirade... How about cleaning your own backyard first ?Jean-Paul Asus P5W DH Deluxe - Core 2 Duo E6600@3Ghz - Leadtek 7950 GT TDH 512 - 4 x 1GB Kingmax DDR2 667 CL5 RAM - 2 x 250GB Hitachi T7K250 SATA2 AHCI - Creative Audigy 2 Value - Antec Sonata 2 Case - 450W Antec SmartPower 2.0 PSU - Samsung SyncMaster 204B 20" - Windows XP Pro SP2 - TrackIR 4 Pro

KInd regards

Jean-Paul

I7 8700K / Fractal Design Celsius S24 watercooling / ASRock Z370 Extreme4 motherboard / Corsair 32GB 3200mhz DDR4 / INNO3D iChiLL GeForce GTX 1080 Ti X3 / Samsung SSD 960 EVO M.2 PCIe NVMe 500GB / Seasonic-SSR-850FX power supply / Fractal Design Define R5 Black case / AOC Q3279VWF 32″ 2560x1440 monitor / Benq GL2450 24″ 1920x1080 monitor / Track-IR 4

Guest dfoulk

Well, whatever your perferred brand of poison, since I don't think that there is a PERFECT OS or Company on the face of this earth, I will say that MS at least refunded my money for the copy of FSX I returned :-) Den

Nope, never heard of it. I am not currently a Mac user but it is intriguing just for a change. Noel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

I have disagree that "PC gaming is deteriorating". In fact, we have seen more games for the PC than any other platform combined. Where are all the quality games for Mac/Linux/Consoles. I have yet to see good non-FPS game on a console. Just the fact that EBGames et al have transformed themselves from a haven for PC Gamers to console games doesn't speak for the remaining industry. Others (Target, BB, Amazon, even WalMart have picked up the share). However, I agree that it has a great influence on the distribution of PC Games.As for the Mac/Windows discussion: Hardware tends to evolve faster on the PC. Macs haven't been on the bleeding edge when it comes to CPU power for quite some time. Macs are only that good because of a fairly limited amount of hardware to support (and the *nix kernel). If one component fails, you're at the grace of Apple HW support. Upgrade options are limited. Customized system builds are be close to impossible on a Mac (just try to upgrade your Ram on a Mac Mini - it works, but it'll void the warranty). Hardware selection of Macs are poor. You have one MacPro in different configurations - all the other ones are integrated solutions. One component fails = you're screwed.FSX has its quirks and MS/Aces is working on fixing the open issues. While I doubt that they will be the holy grail when it comes to performance issues, they are making all efforts to fix it and are aware of the issues surrounding FSX.Pat

Guest bfindlay

>>Just how "fine" does FS9 run on an Intel Mac?Well, when you reboot in WinXP, you are using the intel hardware - nothing to do with MacOSX (no software). It runs comparable to any other intel core 2 duo machine with comparable graphics card, memory etc. In other words - no difference.check out xlr8yourmac.com - they have tons of hints/tips user experiences etc with this.

Hello CharlieI dowloaded the EULA and I confirm that that part is rather vague and open to interpretation:" 4. Consent to Use of Data. You agree that Apple and its subsidiaries may collect and use technical and related information, including but not limited to technical information about your computer, system and application software, and peripherals, that is gathered periodically to facilitate the provision of software updates, product support and other services to you (if any) related to the Apple Software. Apple may use this information, as long as it is in a form that does not personally identify you, to improve our products or to provide services or technologies to you."What I do know is that Apple provides for a service quite similar to Windows Update. You can configure it to either automatically or manually download updates for Apple software (Quicktime, I-Tunes,...) or OS X utilities, security updates (frequent) and service packs (some of them are huge).Hope this helpsJean-PaulP.S. : There have been some reports about OS X "phoning home" but it seems rather benign.You can read the report here for more information: http://www.red-sweater.com/blog/153/apple-phones-home-tooAsus P5W DH Deluxe - Core 2 Duo E6600@3Ghz - Leadtek 7950 GT TDH 512 - 4 x 1GB Kingmax DDR2 667 CL5 RAM - 2 x 250GB Hitachi T7K250 SATA2 AHCI - Creative Audigy 2 Value - Antec Sonata 2 Case - 450W Antec SmartPower 2.0 PSU - Samsung SyncMaster 204B 20" - Windows XP Pro SP2 - TrackIR 4 Pro

KInd regards

Jean-Paul

I7 8700K / Fractal Design Celsius S24 watercooling / ASRock Z370 Extreme4 motherboard / Corsair 32GB 3200mhz DDR4 / INNO3D iChiLL GeForce GTX 1080 Ti X3 / Samsung SSD 960 EVO M.2 PCIe NVMe 500GB / Seasonic-SSR-850FX power supply / Fractal Design Define R5 Black case / AOC Q3279VWF 32″ 2560x1440 monitor / Benq GL2450 24″ 1920x1080 monitor / Track-IR 4

>Here is a review of one of the new Mac Desktops - The Mac>Pro. Scroll down to check out the FS X screenshots....nice!>>http://www.macworld.com/2006/11/features/h...nmp2/index2.php>>From the article:>snip:>especially one when paired with the ATI X1900XT video card. In>preparation for the Mac Pro I thought I

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Guest Charlie

Thanks for the replies, Guys. The first question that comes to my mind is what the heck is a Mac widget?I

Elmer this looks more and more attractive. Can you say, Best of Both Worlds? Noel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X