Sign in to follow this  
buspelle

The "Blue markers" over knobs etc... Disable?

How to disable those blue color and textboxes that appears as soon as you hoover over a button or a controller? 

Love Buspelle

• Like 1

I think it is accessibility in options Switch looked to Legacy.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Pit.jpg

Com GA Pilot, Retired • MSFS 2020 • Gigabyte 8th gen lga1151 motherboard z2370 hd3, i5 8600 8th gen 4.3ghz, Thermaltake 750w power supply, 4 x 8gb ddr4 dimm, MSI force GTO 1070 8gb ddr5, 4 SSD's • 4K main display with 3 HD displays, one is a touch screen. Often used as 3 1080P NVIDEA surround screens and one HD touchscreen for AirManager

There iis another post on this forum where someone tells how to set that up in lock mode  if you want to use it. I will see if I can find it and post a link. 

Edited by Bobsk8
  • Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Under General Options, Accessibility, Cockpit Interaction System - Change from Locked to Legacy.

Bill

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Bill  N7IBG     

Why do some, but not all, mouse tooltips have the blue circle-arrow icon as shown below?  What are these called and can they be turned off without turning off all tooltips completely?The  mouse is in Legacy mode.

Thx,

Al

7002fc7b89.png

Edited by ark
  • Like 1

I think people should try lock mode before disabling it, there's a lot of benefit to it even for K&M users.   If the tooltips bother you you can turn them off.  The blue highlights you can't, which is a little unfortunate, but I don't think it's good to suggest people throw the new baby out with the bathwater.

The people's flag is deepest red.

3 minutes ago, DeepestRed said:

K&M users

K&M users??

6 minutes ago, ark said:

K&M users??

Keyboard & mouse

• Like 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I tried the "new baby" for several flights, and it remained awkward, and a step down from the prior system for me, so out with the bathwater and back to legacy for me.  Unfortunately, even "legacy" is not true legacy, as the tooltips are now larger and more intrusive, and no longer indicate the state of the control (on/off, engine control percentages, etc.) which was useful at times.  This is especially true of autopilot controls that have no indicator lights.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Sigwolf said:

I tried the "new baby" for several flights, and it remained awkward, and a step down from the prior system for me, so out with the bathwater and back to legacy for me.  Unfortunately, even "legacy" is not true legacy, as the tooltips are now larger and more intrusive, and no longer indicate the state of the control (on/off, engine control percentages, etc.) which was useful at times.  This is especially true of autopilot controls that have no indicator lights.

Yep, tried it and found it more troublesome and immersion breaking than helpful. With a controller it is neat, but for mouse keyboard and joystick/yoke, it breaks the experience.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, buspelle said:

How to disable those blue color and textboxes that appears as soon as you hoover over a button or a controller? 

Love Buspelle

I would recommend not hoovering over the buttons; sure it will clean the dust off them, but it will not make control easier. 🤣

Seriously though, choose 'legacy' as the control method; it still has some oddities with it however which are as well to be aware of, for example, if you use mouse look by right clicking, this locks out other control inputs, so for example if you adjust your throttle whilst doing that, no throttle adjustment registers until you release the right mouse button. This is less than ideal for a number of operations such as taxying and I hope they will do something about that.

Edited by Chock

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

1 hour ago, DeepestRed said:

I think people should try lock mode before disabling it, there's a lot of benefit to it even for K&M users.   If the tooltips bother you you can turn them off.  The blue highlights you can't, which is a little unfortunate, but I don't think it's good to suggest people throw the new baby out with the bathwater.

The blue arrow deal looks terrible.

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310