Sign in to follow this  
OHN767

I played most games since the early 90´s on pc

And this is the best update ever i downloaded, it is just freaking awesome, why are so "many" people moaning. This is the mother of all updates, it just dont get any better.

• Like 6

From what I can gather, opinions vary.

However, that observation is based on limited information at this time.

Edited by Stoopy

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

The same happened to the forums at launch. My guess is all the happy folk are flying and enjoying it and not posting so it looks like a disproportionately large amount of people are having problems.

• Like 3

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

3 minutes ago, OHN767 said:

And this is the best update ever i downloaded, it is just freaking awesome, why are so "many" people moaning.

The number of (arguably) grown men in flight simulation who act like my kid did when she was a toddler and the smallest frustration was just the absolute end of the world never ceases to amaze me.

I also think that a lot of the "old guard" are just not used to the modern gaming environment, where cloud-based, always-on, forced-update systems are far from the horrible abomination that some folks here make them out to be.  Just have a look at how many people blame "consoles" for that when it's just as much a thing in PC gaming.

The world is changing.  Some people really don't like that.

And other people just are not happy unless they're complaining.

The people's flag is deepest red.

4 minutes ago, Tom Wright said:

The same happened to the forums at launch. My guess is all the happy folk are flying and enjoying it and not posting so it looks like a disproportionately large amount of people are having problems.

Nah i think they just like to moan,  theres always that one to two percent that will never be satisfied with anything, thats just how it is.

Edited by OHN767

8 minutes ago, OHN767 said:

Nah i think they just like to moan,  theres always that one to two percent that will never be satisfied with anything, thats just how it is.

That's a sadly simplistic view of the world. While there certainly are people that like to moan, there are a lot more that have legit CTDs left right and center.

• Like 1

Well - I have played most games since the mid 80:ies and I agree. The performance increase is insane. I have increased all settings and run almost everything maxed out on ultra with 150% supersampling on my Index and its just smooth... The loading time to start the game is similar but starting a new flight feels like half the time or less. So happy...

I followed the advice and cleaned out my community folder, deleted the rolling cache and disabled the new mouse word not allowed before even launching the first flight. The only problem I have encountered is that it did CTD every time when trying to switch to VR when I had power management for the base stations on in Steam VR. Was never a problem before but now I have to disable the auto sleep of the base stations to get it to launch in VR....

I do have rather high end hardware and I have a feeling that it benefits rigs like that more - guessing from the comments here...

Edited by mazex
  • Like 1

Ryzen 7800X3D | Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX MB | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | RTX 3080 GPU | Sound BlasterX AE-5 | Windows 11 Pro x64 | Virpil T-50 Throttle | T50 CM2 Grip + WarBRD | VKB T-rudder MK IV | Asus PG279Q 1440p | Valve Index VR | Samsung 980 Pro as system disk and Intel 665P SSD for games

34 minutes ago, OHN767 said:

And this is the best update ever i downloaded, it is just freaking awesome, why are so "many" people moaning. This is the mother of all updates, it just dont get any better.

From what I am reading, and I have yet to do this update as I'm busy on other projects, and from first hand experiences of another user, there may be issues to sort out.  I don't think it's fair to classify it as "so many people moaning".  All one needs to do is say, I really like the update and from my experiences so far its just freaking awesome best update ever I downloaded (although its unclear of this is just for MS2020 or every update on every flight sim software or addon)...and avoid the judgmental part.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

5 minutes ago, DeepestRed said:

The number of (arguably) grown men in flight simulation who act like my kid did when she was a toddler and the smallest frustration was just the absolute end of the world never ceases to amaze me.

I'm not sure why this amazes you.  First... complaining is human nature... Kind of like the way you are complaining about the complainers. Bottom line... We all have things to complain about.  If you don't want to be consumed by it... Move along to another thread. 

While I can not relate to the problems as I am enjoying the hell out of this Flight Sim, I still respect that some are having problems.  I get it... It's frustrating.  Cut them some slack and offer some support maybe.

Just my "complaint" of the day.

Matt

Edited by Matt B

1 hour ago, DeepestRed said:

I also think that a lot of the "old guard" are just not used to the modern gaming environment

I think I saw in someone else's post mentioning "flying game"; which relates to your comment "modern gaming environment".  I believe this is what we have at this point, a flying game that simulates flying to a basic extent.  Like some of the first person shooter games the graphics are amazing.  The simulation of real flying, technical stuff is still lagging behind to the great graphics.  I hope that some day I can get a plane the feels real and is technically "study level" with this sim, then we will really have it as real as it gets.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Why am I moaning?   I cant start at almost any airport in Europe - the colors look awful now - and yes the FPS is up but clearly it was sacrificed for LOD.    And no I have a completely empty community folder and yes I am using default A320.....

I'm also one of the lucky ones. FPS are up, loading times are down, and so far it's stable. No perfect yet, but this latest update has improved my sim experience.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.