Sign in to follow this  
Nyxx

Robert at PMDG on SU5 performance.

Personly I have found FPS increase from 15-22% depending on aircraft. From what we saw it "seemed" we were all in for around 70% uplift..yer to much to believe but we all saw it!

The PMDG for me was my lowest FPS aircraft (VC view) it was 40-41 pre SU5 with SU5 its now 46-47.

So with that in mind here is what Robert says about SU5.

"Not an easy question to answer. When we received our test builds last week, all of us were seeing FPS increases greater than 100% across a couple of builds. Then we got the build that went public on Tuesday, FPS had returned to their original score levels. Most of us on the dev team saw overall performance decline to just slightly above the last public release version.

So- we have no idea... But our hope is that whatever tanked the performance gains we were seeing last week gets corrected in a subsequent build by Asobo. The performance we WERE seeing was spectacular. The performance all of us are seeing in the public version is lukewarm at best."

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 12
  • Upvote 3

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Interesting.

• Like 2

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

Well thats easy to explain. The constant bickering from the "elites" about LOD, popins and redraw. Its funny because in the FB groups with well over 30k plus members and I dont see anyone really talking about redraw and LOD. These guys actually stay in the VC and fly instead on jumping around looking for issues to complain about.

My colors are washed out, my colors are over saturated, my lod is too small, I cant see clearly at 18k ft etc

Edited by devgrp
  • Like 25
  • Upvote 4

there might be an explanation in Virtuali's post here. Facing an outcry, Asobo decided to mitigate the aggressive culling on the PC version.

Edited by Dominique_K
  • Like 3

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

3 minutes ago, devgrp said:

Well thats easy to explain. The constant bickering from the "elites" about LOD, popins and redraw. Its funny because in the FB groups with well over 30k plus members and I dont see anyone really talking about redraw and LOD. These guys actually stay in the VC and fly instead on jumping around looking for issues to complain about.

My colors are washed out, my colors are over saturated, my lod is too small, I cant see clearly at 18k ft etc

Yeah and for good reason, the sim is supposed to be visually stunning. Its 2021, we do expect good visuals and good performance. Not take 5 steps forward and 10 steps back. Especially when it started off visually amazing and got worse over time. We all can see it.

• Like 18
  • Upvote 6

Just now, Ridvan Celik said:

Yeah and for good reason, the sim is supposed to be visually stunning. Its 2021, we do expect good visuals and good performance. Not take 5 steps forward and 10 steps back. Especially when it started off visually amazing and got worse over time. We all can see it.

Do you think they can just pull performance out of the air? It seems some of you guys like running on ultra and have the sim running like a slide show. And from the release you had people complaining, so there will always be complainers. If I was Asobo, I wouldnt even bother listening to people on avsim. They dont represent to entire flightsim community and and most are a bunch of old men stuck in their ways

• Like 18

8 minutes ago, devgrp said:

Yup. Some people would rather be able to see the Chrysler Building as they turn onto the runway at Heathrow and require a 4,000 quid PC in order to do so, than have a flight sim which smoothly replicates flight and then worries about the visuals after.

I know everyone is entitled to their opinion, but frankly those kind of flight simmers get right on my t*ts.

• Like 35
  • Upvote 4

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

1 minute ago, Chock said:

Yup. Some people would rather be able to see the Chrysler Building as they turn onto the runway at Heathrow and require a 4,000 quid PC in order to do so, than have a flight sim which smoothly replicates flight and then worries about the visuals after.

I know everyone is entitled to their opinion, but frankly those kind of flight simmers get right on my t*ts.

Man, I was watching Froogle's Piper Arrow video and when he was coming in to land it was so painful to watch. I know he has a decent system but he had it maxed out on ultra no doubt and you could jsut tell it wasnt smooth.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, devgrp said:

Do you think they can just pull performance out of the air? It seems some of you guys like running on ultra and have the sim running like a slide show. And from the release you had people complaining, so there will always be complainers. If I was Asobo, I wouldnt even bother listening to people on avsim. They dont represent to entire flightsim community and and most are a bunch of old men stuck in their ways

Thats not my point, currently, a lot of people have more than capable computers to run MSFS at a much higher quality, but we are obviously bound by the perf tweaks made for XBOX. It shouldn't be that way, 

• Like 8
  • Upvote 5

Just now, Ridvan Celik said:

Thats not my point, currently, a lot of people have more than capable computers to run MSFS at a much higher quality, but we are obviously bound by the perf tweaks made for XBOX. It shouldn't be that way, 

Before the xbox version was even on the horizon, people on avsim was still complaining. You can go back and look at the history. Like I said if I was Asobo, I would stop listening to avsimmers and do what they think is best. I mean what are the avsimmers going to do, stop simming or move back to xp or p3d? I'm sure they'll have a tough decision to make

• Like 9

16 minutes ago, devgrp said:

I cannot subscribe to your POV in this scenario, in the main "developer forum" where all the developers go, I have never seen so many issues being posted in such a short timeframe. The developers are a pretty important part of the community. No-one is happy with this update, it's not like a few people, it's pretty much everyone.

They should have added 3 additional sliders and just reset them to a place where people could gain FPS. They should have tested the launch with the SDK before breaking everyone's airports, the level of frustration is off the charts right now. I had already sidelined many projects due to issues 2 updates ago, I came back hoping to finish up, but now I've sidelined them again to a non-determinate timeframe (When they fix this stuff). The autogen is pretty much a blurry mess at this point, this isn't a minor step back in graphics or someone imagining things, this looks like a totally different graphics engine rendering things in some respects. That said, people sitting farther back or on smaller monitors or with worse vision are not going to notice it nearly as much. This is why some are claiming they don't see much difference, but someone with good vision on a large screen, it's really obvious.

Edited by Alpine Scenery
  • Like 8
  • Upvote 4

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

5 minutes ago, Alpine Scenery said:

The developers are a pretty important part of the community. No-one is happy with this update, it's not like a few people, it's pretty much everyone.

The WT guys seem to be doing alright.......

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Alpine Scenery said:

I cannot subscribe to your POV in this scenario, in the main "developer forum" where all the developers go, I have never seen so many issues being posted in such a short timeframe. The developers are a pretty important part of the community. No-one is happy with this update, it's not like a few people, it's pretty much everyone.

They should have added 3 additional sliders and just reset them to a place where people could gain FPS. They should have tested the launch with the SDK before breaking everyone's airports, the level of frustration is off the charts right now. I had already sidelined many projects due to issues 2 updates ago, I came back hoping to finish up, but now I've sidelined them indefinitely. The autogen is pretty much a blurry mess at this point, this isn't a minor step back in graphics or someone imaging things, this looks like a totally different graphics engine rendering things in some respects. That said, people sitting farther back or on smaller monitors or with worse vision are not going to notice it nearly as much.

A bad workman blames his tools. Your job is to support your customers. This is the core sim and its only a year old.  You and others should expect that things might change or break when they update things. They might find a different or better way of doing things. Its called an update. Every sim goes through it, msfs just goes through it more because its new. Your job is to keep your addons updated so your customers are happy no matter what

• Like 8
  • Upvote 1

I don’t really understand all of the technical details of a modern platform like MSFS but I’ve never suffered from stutters like I do now with SU5.

I’m a trackIR user and my settings are moderate given my PC specs and the lag is terrible when I move my head around. 

Im messing around with a sync and locking my FPS in an attempt to resolve the issue. Hopefully that helps a bit, but to be honest I’m really disappointed with my current experience compared to what I had before. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

1 minute ago, Ricardo41 said:

The WT guys seem to be doing alright.......

No only them, but others like FBW, LVFR etc

• Like 4