Sign in to follow this  
brutus10000

Brutus

Problems with installing MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe DVD set. I purchased the FS as a DVD set and installed as directed. Once installed it directed me to MS Store and then there were no prompts to go any further. Thinking there was something wrong I uninstalled and reinstalled following same process and still no prompts at the MS Store to download content/upgrades etc. I purchased DVD set from Gamesmen in Sydney. In the MS Store app it shows me signed in and My Library shows several versions of MSFS 2020 including Premium Deluxe Upgrade Purchased 31-01-21, Deluxe Upgrade Purchased 31-01-21, MS Flight Simulator Purchased 31-01-21 and Premium Deluxe pre-order Purchased 31-01-21. I did order originally online without realising I had ordered XBox version which I got a refund for. I am ripping my hair out trying to install this software and not impressed with lack of support from MS to help in these situations. I can't believe the chaotic mess that is involved with trying to install this sim. I would just like to talk with someone, explain what I have done and get instructions to fix this and move ahead.   

So far I can see that all the content from DVD is loaded but there is no launch shortcut and nothing in start menu. In My Library, it shows programs as above with first two indicating "can't be installed on this device" (leftover from XBox purchase I guess). The Pre-order has a button for 'Manage' When I click on that button it provides a button to Install and when I click that it does nothing. Any help please on what I am doing wrong and how to fix. 

Edited by brutus10000

thanks for the info.

• Like 2

I9-14900K,  Gigabyte B760 Aorus Elite AX, RTX 4080, 32 ram.1 tb nvme  M.2 SSD, MSFS 2020 on 2 tb nvme m.2 SSD

42 minutes ago, brutus10000 said:

Any help please on what I am doing wrong and how to fix.

well, your topic title triggered me but may not others, better rename it to something like "help needed to install MSFS from DVD". sorry, marketplace version here, no further help possible

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Potentially there could be several problems here.

If the Install button isn't working, try and uninstall the app.  To do that head to Settings->Apps and in "Search this list" type in Flight Simulator.

If it's in the list uninstall it from there.

Then try a re-install. But before you do, have a look at this article below.

It may give some clues as to navigate DVD installs and to run MSFS - seems it needs Disc 1 in the optical drive to run:

Edited by Humble Jim

1 hour ago, brutus10000 said:

Problems with installing MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe DVD set. I purchased the FS as a DVD set and installed as directed. Once installed it directed me to MS Store and then there were no prompts to go any further. Thinking there was something wrong I uninstalled and reinstalled following same process and still no prompts at the MS Store to download content/upgrades etc. I purchased DVD set from Gamesmen in Sydney. In the MS Store app it shows me signed in and My Library shows several versions of MSFS 2020 including Premium Deluxe Upgrade Purchased 31-01-21, Deluxe Upgrade Purchased 31-01-21, MS Flight Simulator Purchased 31-01-21 and Premium Deluxe pre-order Purchased 31-01-21. I did order originally online without realising I had ordered XBox version which I got a refund for. I am ripping my hair out trying to install this software and not impressed with lack of support from MS to help in these situations. I can't believe the chaotic mess that is involved with trying to install this sim. I would just like to talk with someone, explain what I have done and get instructions to fix this and move ahead.   

So far I can see that all the content from DVD is loaded but there is no launch shortcut and nothing in start menu. In My Library, it shows programs as above with first two indicating "can't be installed on this device" (leftover from XBox purchase I guess). The Pre-order has a button for 'Manage' When I click on that button it provides a button to Install and when I click that it does nothing. Any help please on what I am doing wrong and how to fix. 

You left DVD 1 in the drive when running from the store library? Cant help any further than that. Files should've come on a USB key not DVDs. Goes to show you their outdated business model. Use them to buy joysticks no issues there. 

Edited by 40track
As Humble Jim said.