Sign in to follow this  
PIC007

I finally feel the pain........

Background

I waited a few months when 2020 was released to see what kind of issues it would have (been dealing with MS for decades), since MS always has issues as we all know.

The major one I saw was that it would only run on Win 10 ( I hate 10) but I finally bit the bullet.....spent a few grand on a new PC and another $500 on Honeycomb controls....bought the standard version.....got everything working and payed attention after every update....and amazingly it all worked fine....not a single 'bug', not one. I felt sorry for all those who did experience problems but for me the sim continued to work flawlessly......right up until this last update......

Now I can't even start the game....all I get is a page called 'Gaming Services'.....and even that won't work!

Bottom line is now my sim is dead, un-startable! And yes, I have tried all the common 'fixes'. Today I visited the 'Zendesk' and in the FAQ's I find the exact issue that I am having.....which of course it seems is going to require a master programmer to do.

So folks, my full and total sympathy to those who have had past and current problems with the sim.....honestly if I had known back them what I know now, I would be $3K richer....there are some serious things about this sim I do not like and it is very likely there will be a slightly used PC on the market soon.

End of rant...we now return you to our regularly scheduled whining!

• Upvote 1

Jay

Just chill out, have a beer, read a book, play guitar, go for a walk whatever, and then come back and have at it later on with a fresh mind and I'm sure you'll figure out what needs doing to crank it up.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

14 minutes ago, PIC007 said:

Now I can't even start the game....all I get is a page called 'Gaming Services'.....and even that won't work!

Bottom line is now my sim is dead, un-startable! And yes, I have tried all the common 'fixes'. Today I visited the 'Zendesk' and in the FAQ's I find the exact issue that I am having.....which of course it seems is going to require a master programmer to do.

Alternatively, you could be patient, and try the fix, even if it requires a "master programmer".

But the best way is to just reinstall the game.

The deer hunter. Russian roulette. (French Voyage au bout de l'enfer)   I see my overjoyed friends explaining to me how beautiful the update is ... and me too the bad luck of having drawn the wrong number

Hi my loser brother

"all I get is a page called 'Gaming Services' "

And there is a pretty reliable fix for this if you search it out. I had this same irritating problem and deleted a couple of 'Gaming Services' entries in the registry as instructed. Rebooted the PC and the sim launched and has been fine since. Apologies for not having a link, but it should be easy to track down. 

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.

2 hours ago, PIC007 said:

Background

I waited a few months when 2020 was released to see what kind of issues it would have (been dealing with MS for decades), since MS always has issues as we all know.

The major one I saw was that it would only run on Win 10 ( I hate 10) but I finally bit the bullet.....spent a few grand on a new PC and another $500 on Honeycomb controls....bought the standard version.....got everything working and payed attention after every update....and amazingly it all worked fine....not a single 'bug', not one. I felt sorry for all those who did experience problems but for me the sim continued to work flawlessly......right up until this last update......

So folks, my full and total sympathy to those who have had past and current problems with the sim.....honestly if I had known back them what I know now, I would be $3K richer....there are some serious things about this sim I do not like and it is very likely there will be a slightly used PC on the market soon.

End of rant...we now return you to our regularly scheduled whining!

Dont need a master programmer to carefully read instructions step by step. if you know your way around a PC enough to have been simming for a while, you should be just fine. 

1 hour ago, Greazer said:

When all else fails, format the HD and reinstall Windows.

Kind of like buying a new transmission for your car because the wipers are leaving streaks on your windshield. 

• Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310