Sign in to follow this  
remilton

Are you experiencing long freezes?

I get an occasional split second pause, usually just after takeoff and then every few minutes during a flight. Assuming this is loading in scenery. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

9 minutes ago, Drumcode said:

What is that? I am having an issue using my KVM switch between computers post SU5 which freezes the sim to entirely to the point of no recovery. I could try what you've mentioned, but I don't know what that is.

In Control Panel/Power Options/Change Plan Settings/Change Advanced Power Settings.  Scroll new window to USB setting/USB selective suspend setting - change to Disabled.  But it did nothing to solve my freezes.

• Upvote 1

Have had one freeze on flight loading screen (requiring exiting the sim via Task Manager) and several pauses of perhaps 20 to 30 seconds or more during flights which are not USB related (though I get those whenever I take my Wireless XBox controller out of sleep to use with the drone, along with the associated full flaps and spoiler activation that results in. But that is a long-standing issue).

18 minutes ago, dlh said:

USB selective suspend setting - change to Disabled.  But it did nothing to solve my freezes

Likewise, that doesn't work for me.

Edit: I've also had the World Map freeze a few times when flight planning.

Edited by 109Sqn

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

Can confirm this issue as well. It is worse in larger built-up areas, but does occur to a lesser extent over rural areas. When it is not happening the sim is smoother than before SU5 (locked at 30 with VSYNC on), but then bam - it freezes or almost freezes with the FPS fluctuating in the low single digits from a few seconds to over a minute. This behavior seems to be aggravated when panning my view to either side.

Martin 

Sims: MSFS and X-plane 11

Home Airport: CYCW - Chilliwack, BC Canada

i5 13600KF 32GB DDR4 3600 RAM, RTX3080TI  HP Reverb G2

3 hours ago, remilton said:

Since SU5 I have been experiencing long screen freezes of a minute or more. Sometimes on the main screen and sometimes in flight. Looked on flightsim.com and found this thread.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/long-freezes-after-su5/428242

When I first experienced this, I thought the sim had crashed but usually after a while it unfreezes and continues. Very irritating. 

Do you have multiplayer enabled? I heard a streamer on Twitch saying the LONG pauses seem to be caused by problems with the multiplayer servers, confirmed by the fact that when it unpauses other multiplayer aircraft disappear. I don't have the problem but I have multiplayer turned off.

The small 1 second pauses other people may have are not related to this problem.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

1 hour ago, Alvega said:

Do you have multiplayer enabled? I heard a streamer on Twitch saying the LONG pauses seem to be caused by problems with the multiplayer servers, confirmed by the fact that when it unpauses other multiplayer aircraft disappear. I don't have the problem but I have multiplayer turned off.

The small 1 second pauses other people may have are not related to this problem.

Freezes happen with multiplayer on or off.  It even happens in the menus and the world screen.

i9-12900K | Asus ROG Strix Z690-F Gaming | RTX 3080 | 32GB DDR5 | Win 10 Pro | Acer Predator UltraWide 3440x1440 (G-Sync)

4 hours ago, Fiorentoni said:

I do, but it is because of FSUIPC autosave, all intentional.

The long pauses are NOT FSUIPC autosave.

[CPL]  I9-9900K @5.0GHz HT ON, Maximus XI Hero, ASUS TUF RTX4080 OC, 32GB DDR4 3200 14, 1TB NVMe SSD, 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 40" Samsung 4K TV, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Logitech Rudder Pedals, WIN11

Just now, bbuckley said:

The long pauses are NOT FSUIPC autosave.

Sure they are for me. There is an autosave file created at exactly the same time of those freezes. I specifically checked.
Of course if you don't use autosave, it's something else in your case.

I don't use autosave, never have in any sim with FSUIPC and I confirmed it is off. I still get the same long pauses that OP described.

[CPL]  I9-9900K @5.0GHz HT ON, Maximus XI Hero, ASUS TUF RTX4080 OC, 32GB DDR4 3200 14, 1TB NVMe SSD, 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 40" Samsung 4K TV, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Logitech Rudder Pedals, WIN11

Alright now I DID have some additional freezes on my last flight tonight; FPS went down to 1 for about 30 seconds; that happened a couple of times at the end of my flight (SABE to SAWH) and was rather annoying. Every time, however, my plane (A32NX) started to shake heavily afterwards and once I even noticed the winds changing from like 280/55 to 270/5, so maybe it has something to do with the live weather bug?

Is that what you experience by "freezes" (1 FPS heavy stutter), or is it really "frozen" for you?

Take off from EGGD and fly south for a few minutes, I’ve had two flights there now - both with 30+ sec freezes 

Ryzen 5900x - 32gb 3600Mhz RAM - Asus Strix X570-F Motherboard - ASUS TUF OC RTX 3090 - AOC AGON 32" 144Hz - LG OLED55CX5LB 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED - 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 + 2TB PCIe4.0 NVMe drive's - Samsung EVO 670 SSD 250gb - 2TB 3.5" HDD - Honeycomb Alpha Flight controls Yoke - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog. T Flight Rudder Pedals - Trackir

Yes I get these long freezes as well.

Ive removed all comm folders, stopped using fsuipc or any other usb interface into MSFS, disabled multiplayer and AI. Just sitting on the apron will eventually see these long pauses.

I'm running a factory AIO water cooled 1080ti with GPU temps around 55C. CPU has stable OC, but CPU is not being hit at all, and CPU temps are around the 55C as well.

30 second to one minute total freeze but only maybe once an hour

Does seem to happen more often when flying with  a lot of people in multiplayer but that may be co-incidence.

I get frequently these long freezes in multiple aircraft and a wide range of geographical areas.  Never had them before SU5.

Bruce

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

19 hours ago, Fiorentoni said:

Sure they are for me. There is an autosave file created at exactly the same time of those freezes. I specifically checked.
Of course if you don't use autosave, it's something else in your case.

How do I turn off autosave?   Just want to try it.