Sign in to follow this  
remilton

Are you experiencing long freezes?

3 minutes ago, dlh said:

How do I turn off autosave?   Just want to try it.

I think it is turned off by default. Note that autosave exists only with FSUIPC, there is no native autosave within MSFS. You can activate/deactivate in that FSUIPC window ("show hidden icons"...).

1 minute ago, Fiorentoni said:

I think it is turned off by default. Note that autosave exists only with FSUIPC, there is no native autosave within MSFS. You can activate/deactivate in that FSUIPC window ("show hidden icons"...).

I found it set to "No" in the cfg file of FSPUIC7.

Yes!

Noticed it in NYC, landed in the Hudson River. Looked around and about a minute later it came back.
Happened at Palma de Mallorca and at home base of KJAN even.   My community folder is clean.  
Cheers,

RB

On 7/29/2021 at 9:39 AM, Drumcode said:

I did experience this yesterday climbing out of PHX on the way to SEZ, I thought it was going to CTD, waited for a while and was about to hard reboot my box, but it recovered.

Yes, exactly. Though it would CTD but so far, have not seen it CTD after the long pause. Not yet at least. 
But, I was using a very hi res scenery at Palma. 
It paused about 30 secs solid but came back. 
If there was to be a CTD, that was it. 

Cheers,

RB

Had anybody tried the new patch?  Wondering if that fixes it 

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Well, after the new patch (Steam), I get CTD just after FLY is selected; first freezes, then CTD. Also have to close Steam using Task Manager after each CTD.

Glad I'm not a heavy "user" of this software.

44 minutes ago, micstatic said:

Had anybody tried the new patch?  Wondering if that fixes it 

All is well now with this patch so far no freezing. I did have a few stutters here and there but no pauses. The sim was unusable before this patch.

• Like 1

CPU: Intel i9-11900K @5.2 / RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200 / GPU: 4080 16GB /

1 hour ago, dlh said:

Well, after the new patch (Steam), I get CTD just after FLY is selected; first freezes, then CTD. Also have to close Steam using Task Manager after each CTD.

Glad I'm not a heavy "user" of this software.

Well, I fixed the CTD's by lowering some graphics settings, using vsync at 60 fps.  Then my LT multipanel quit working; after 3 times uninstalling and reinstalling the plugin, with multiple restarts, everything seems stable; no CTD's and no stuttering or long pauses.  Waiting for the other shoe to drop.

I was having another one of those 1 FPS freezes/stutters; this time it sent my A32NX downwards during those 10 seconds of stutter and I lost the plane due to stress damage. It was like insane turbulence  as a slideshow. This is 2 for 2 now with the A32NX since SU5, every time during descent. Must have something to do with weather or winds; however this second time I did not even use live weather, so...

EDIT: Okay seems like this is a FBW specific problem that happened before after updates...

Edited by Fiorentoni