Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

Hotfix for CTDs and major issues coming soon

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/policy-on-name-calling-harassment-and-threats/429789

Here is a small note of encouragement to those who made it to the end of this post - a hotfix for some major crashes and known issues is on its way! Thank you for your feedback from Day 1 and the team is working incredibly hard through any issues you have experienced.

• Like 27
  • Upvote 1

Good to hear!

• Like 1

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

Good news. And indeed, the level of animosity and heat triggered by SU5 is really big. I guess it´t summer or the lockdowns. 

• Like 3

Awesome! 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

I wonder what all those beta testers did.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

I9-14900K,  Gigabyte B760 Aorus Elite AX, RTX 4080, 32 ram.1 tb nvme  M.2 SSD, MSFS 2020 on 2 tb nvme m.2 SSD

Great news!!!

Tell that to all the whiners, so they can relax and instead enjoy the sim for what it is.

Edited by CarlosF
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

Just now, CarlosF said:

Tell that to all the whiners, so they can relax and instead enjoy the sim for what it is.

My dear, Asobo has just acknowledged that the whiners were right and that you were wrong 🤣

• Like 15
  • Upvote 4

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

1 minute ago, hansb57 said:

Creating bug reports for Asobo to log and utilise for future patches. Not every single bug reported can be investigated, reproduced, fixed, tested, certified and pushed to live in a matter of a few weeks.

• Like 11
  • Upvote 3

Good of Asobo!  After they release this hotfix for CTDs, I hope they can work on that slider so PC users can control how much of the view is culled to reduce the pop-in of distant objects when you change your view to a different sirection.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

2 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

My dear, Asobo has just acknowledged that the whiners were right and that you were wrong

LMFAO, Asobo don't need whiners to figure out what is broken and what is not.

Edited by CarlosF
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

There are so many issues with SU5 that I reckon the hotfix should be around 30GB at least 

• Like 8

1 minute ago, CarlosF said:

lame... You can do better, try harder

• Like 8
  • Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

This is encouraging news. Hopefully the hotfix comes sooner rather than later, at the moment the game is (whisper it) unplayable for some people.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 4

i7-10700K; RTX 2070 Super; 16GB; P3Dv4.5HF3 & MSFS2020.

1 minute ago, CarlosF said:

If it weren't for "whiners" Asobo would never hear from the community.   "Whiners" is not the correct word to use, anyway.

• Like 12

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

4 minutes ago, hansb57 said:

I’m going to guess a lot of the stuff we are experiencing now, Asobo possibly knew about.  But they had a deadline to meet with the X-Box release on July 27th.  That deadline could not be moved because Microsoft spent a lot of marketing money, marketing July 27th as the date for X-Box.

if Asobo were not constrained by the July 27 deadline, they probably would have spent more time fixing stuff and making Sim Update 5 better,  

Moving forward, I don’t see another major deadline like the X-Box release. So hopefully, in the future, Asobo can spend more time polishing their update so we all have a smoother MSFS for the update.

• Like 10
  • Upvote 2

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM