Sign in to follow this  
SUNDR1V3R

Too much white /bloom..

One of the issues i had even from last update was having like a white filter outside of the cockpit is super bright and almost hurting my eyes.. how can i get rid of it? I dont have the bloom activated..

This is one example..
issue.jpg

Edited by SUNDR1V3R
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

You are not alone. Many of us see the same. There is a thread about it of sharing tweaks but there is no solution which is really satisfying..  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Because they try to artificially simulate how narrow dynamic range cameras react to different light levels(for people who play on low end monitors?), instead of simply representing realistic lighting and letting our eyes do what they normally do.
That, bloom, blur and camera lens effects when looking into the sun are completely useless. 
To game developers: HUMAN EYES ARE NOT CAMERAS!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

R5 3600 - GTX 1070OC - 32GB 3200 - NVME - 3440x1440 160Hz - VR(Quest 2)
GarbagePoster

In the user.cfg there’s an option for EyeAdaptation which you can set to 0. This disables the effect of looking from relatively dark to bright environments.

• Like 2

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

14 minutes ago, EmaRacing said:

Because they try to artificially simulate how narrow dynamic range cameras react to different light levels(for people who play on low end monitors?), instead of simply representing realistic lighting and letting our eyes do what they normally do.
That, bloom, blur and camera lens effects when looking into the sun are completely useless. 
To game developers: HUMAN EYES ARE NOT CAMERAS!

Correct, sort of … But the lenses of your eyes do bloom when looking at the sun, and your irises do change the aperature (and thus apparent brightness) when you switch between dark and bright lighting.  So they aren’t entirely wrong

• Like 1

18 hours ago, VFXSimmer said:

Correct, sort of … But the lenses of your eyes do bloom when looking at the sun, and your irises do change the aperature (and thus apparent brightness) when you switch between dark and bright lighting.  So they aren’t entirely wrong

They do the same thing if looking at a dark or bright image on a monitor, my monitor has such a high contrast and it's so bright that I instinctively squint when looking at strong lights or the sun😅

GarbagePoster

Enabling HDR everywhere fixed the problem

• Like 1

GarbagePoster

1 minute ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

They have done something crazy with HDR/SDR game settings.  

Didn't they fix that with the today's hotfix ??!! 

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 4090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 8K Samsung Q900A 65" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

15 minutes ago, EmaRacing said:

Enabling HDR everywhere fixed the problem

Mine HDR10 option is greyed out no matter what preset I choose

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

3 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

Mine HDR10 option is greyed out no matter what preset I choose

That's probably because you need to enable it in Windows first before you can turn it on or off in the sim.

• Like 1

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Just now, captain420 said:

That's probably because you need to enable it in Windows first before you can turn it on or off in the sim.

How do I enable it in windows?

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI