Sign in to follow this  
Midnight Music

FBW A320nx 3rd party liveries not working

Am I the only one that cannot get the FBW A320nx to load with any 3rd party livery since SU5. The default livery loads fine, but other liveries cause a CTD. I went to the FBW discord site but there's not a mention of anything like that. Perhaps someone can shed some light on this for me.

Lee

Edited by Midnight Music

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

8 minutes ago, Midnight Music said:

Am I the only one that cannot get the FBW A320nx to load with any 3rd party livery since SU5. The default livery loads fine, but other liveries cause a CTD. I went to the FBW discord site but there's not a mention of anything like that. Perhaps someone can shed some light on this for me.

Lee

Are you using development version ? you need to try that - I'll try now to see if its ok

Rich Sennett

15 minutes ago, Midnight Music said:

Lee

FBW dev version tried with a flightsim.to repaint crashes to desktop - FBW installer doesnt see any repaints to convert also so there is an issue - I didnt try factory paint but sounds like that works

Edited by Richard Sennett

Rich Sennett

I had no trouble earlier with a couple off .to on the latest dev version. (Easy Jet and  a old TWA version)

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

No issues here with my personal custom livery or the few others I've loaded since Tuesday.  Since they fully split the plane off from the default one, liveries shouldn't be causing issues if they worked pre-SU5 since they're not (to my knowledge) actively attempting to modify the model they're using as they are looking into creating an entirely new one anyway.  I actually checked a whole bunch of my A32NX liveries in the hangar view after noticing some older 787 liveries and a default 320 liveries I keep for Vatsim modelmatching that are mostly Megapack downloader ones had pink wings/etc.  All of the A32NX ones loaded fine.

AMD Ryzen 5950X |  Asus Crosshair VIII Hero | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 w/EK waterblock | Full Custom Loop Cooling | GSkill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB DDR4-3600 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000W | Steelseries M750 TKL | SteelSeries Prime Wireless | Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo | Logitech Pro Flight Pedals | LG 34GN850 | Asus PG279Q | Win 11 Pro

I HAVE had CTD's with it in sim, but in locations with known issues outside of the A32NX like Macco's EGCC, but nothing I can tie to a livery specifically.

AMD Ryzen 5950X |  Asus Crosshair VIII Hero | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 w/EK waterblock | Full Custom Loop Cooling | GSkill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB DDR4-3600 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000W | Steelseries M750 TKL | SteelSeries Prime Wireless | Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo | Logitech Pro Flight Pedals | LG 34GN850 | Asus PG279Q | Win 11 Pro

I've resorted to the oldest computer trick in the world, I uninstalled the FBW A320 and reinstalled it. Now I'm introducing the 3rd party liveries all over again, one by one, and they are starting to work. When in doubt...reinstall.

I only use the dev version.

Lee

• Like 1

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

Took me a day to finally get the Sim to load after update 5 after numerous workarounds but the FBW32nx loads with all its 3rd party liveries.

Edited by JustanotherPilot

steve southey

I'm thinking at this point that there's just still some SU5 compatibility bugs that FBW is working out and it's not really a livery issue.  I'm basing this solely on the fact that Aerosoft is stuck waiting for SDK fixes, PMDG has also had issues, etc.  I say this because testing using my own livery which had been fine since Tuesday I was randomly getting CTD's in places I wasn't getting them before yesterday with the FBW both during the loading bar after setting up the flight, and occasionally right after clicking the fly button after it does load in (as soon as it transitions to the cockpit, had a freeze then CTD last night).  They're completely random though.  At one point I even ran FBW's batch file to delete the compiled WASM files (or whatever those are in the appdata folder where it deletes them but leaves the Work folder with the throttle cal).  When I reloaded after that it took forrrrrreeever to load the flight (like when the CRJ has to recompile itself after a patch).  It was working fine though then I updated to the latest Dev and the next loading bar got a CTD.

Some liveries on flightsim.to have been updated for SU5 support - Not sure what changes they had to do though but for example the Easyjet livery I use (https://flightsim.to/file/1724/easyjet-a320-neo-g-uzhn-8k), used to CTD when trying to load but latest version of it has solved that problem.

It doesn't seem to be all liveries for example. I haven't had any problems with this one: https://flightsim.to/file/269/british-airways-livery-ultra and that hasn't had any updates for SU5.

Edited by Zangoose
  • Like 1

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

On 7/30/2021 at 2:31 AM, flyinion said:

I HAVE had CTD's with it in sim, but in locations with known issues outside of the A32NX like Macco's EGCC, but nothing I can tie to a livery specifically.

What is with Macco EGCC? Solved it conflict between Navigraph software and EGCC from Macco...

Edited by awf

André

22 hours ago, awf said:

What is with Macco EGCC? Solved it conflict between Navigraph software and EGCC from Macco...

Before Friday’s hot fix for CTD a lot of us the Macco dev included could not load into it. The Macco dev couldn’t even get into the default EGCC. 

2 minutes ago, flyinion said:

Before Friday’s hot fix for CTD a lot of us the Macco dev included could not load into it. The Macco dev couldn’t even get into the default EGCC. 

Works fine now disable navigraph chart stuff 😉 it's also now on the FAQ at Macco 😉

Edited by awf

André

4 hours ago, awf said:

Works fine now disable navigraph chart stuff 😉 it's also now on the FAQ at Macco 😉

Yeah I’m not removing navigraph Airac from the sim for one airport 

I've been unable to load the FBW A320 Dev version as well. It just hangs 3/4 of the way through the loading and freezes the sim making me have to force close it each time.

I'll try a reinstall later.