Sign in to follow this  
Pierre-Normand

Status offline and no servers option when multiplayer off.

Is it normal to have one's online status marked "offline" and the option to switch servers greyed out (pop up list disabled) whenever multiplayer mode is switched off? This is what I've experienced since Sim Update 5. Ever since FS2020 came out, live traffic always has been very sparse and erratic in my case. Most of the time, I can barely see any live traffic, whether on the world map or in the game, even at large international hubs. (Very seldom, three or four little green planes will pop up on the world map, and soon disappear. Switching servers didn't seem to help). Now, after the update, I can only connect to any server at all when multiplayer mode is turned on. I then get plenty of traffic, but it's mostly all fellow sim players, of course. I didn't see any live traffic, but maybe it's drowned out by multiplayer traffic. (I do have "Real Time Traffic Online" in traffic settings.)   

Edited by Pierre-Normand

I don't know if it's related to what you are experiencing, but yesterday when I did a flight (my first since the update) near puerto vallarta, I thought the autogen and ground textures looked really odd, but I figured it was probably a lack of satellite imagery from the area.

Today, I switched to my older joystick (thrusmaster 8000) since the stick is much better than the X52 in my opinion, and I thought I'd do a quick flight around my area to verify all my controls are ok. 

What I saw, and I'm not kidding, was almost FS9 level of ground graphics. Roads perfectly square, all the same texture. It was honestly a nightmare. So I looked in all my settings, everything was good, but SOMEHOW, DATA was OFF!!! I restarted the sim after, and it connected to the servers and I'm a happy camper again. Hope this is also what you are experiencing since it is an easy fix.

This also changed for me after SU5.  Before, I always had multiplayer off because of the livery crashing issues and I never fly multiplayer.  After the update, I noticed those 2 options greyed out and spent the next 2 hour logging in  and out of xbox/store to try and re-authenticate my credentials to get online data, to no avail. 

Just about ready to give up, I enabled multiplayer in sim data settings and now it showed me online in avatar and could choose a server.  I selected offline in avatar area and could still change servers, even after I then went back and disabled MP in the sim data settings.  offensive initials not allowed.

Tonight I had to do that process all over again.  I've read nothing in release notes to prepare us for this new "feature"

Regards, Kendall

Yep same issue here with Servers greyed out.

Pretty frustrating what goes on with some of these updates. I will have a play around with MP and see what happens.

Surprised more people have not mentioned this. I wonder how many people are experiencing this issue?

Michael M

System: AMD 7800X3D II Asus X670E Hero MB II 32GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 II RTX4090 II 2TB NVMe Samsung 980 Pro II  EKWB  CR360 AIO II Dell Alienware - AW3821DW 3840 X 1600 G-Sync Ultimate