Sign in to follow this  
Nemo

AI generated buildings - Visuals decreased?

4 minutes ago, captain420 said:

This is ridiculous. All this time I thought I was using Ultra when the textures are actually LOW-MED. For those of you running ultra preset, could you check and confirm if this issue is affecting you as well. I want to see if this is a widespread problem or just affects a random crowd.

My gut feeling after seeing yours and Chris's results it could be everyone....as people will be looking at trees etc and not the tail tail sihns we see here......3 people is nothing but we all see the same results.

We do need as many as possable to do this test.

SET LOW save....reboot the SIM set Ultra...reboot sim....EGNX runway 27, drone hit R ...go see

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I agree, we need more people to help test this. If this effects a majority of the people, then we need to bring this up to Asobo's attention.

I'm curious if this problem happened after SU5 or was it present before, and if so when did it start.

Edited by captain420

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

22 minutes ago, AnkH said:

Sadly, it is a negative. Setting on "ultra", leaving MSFS, returning into the sim and again it looks like low. It seems I have to go into the graphics options each time I fired up MSFS and do the setting switch including "apply & save", otherwise the "ultra" settings do not stay... Hopefully someone knows how to solve this...

Make sure it's not Nvidia optimizing the sim with its own settings. I had that happen a few times 

• Like 1

On 7/30/2021 at 12:55 PM, devgrp said:

So Asobo should just cater to people with souped up machines?

I really dont know why people are mad. Just uninstall msfs and install xp and p3d and save yourself the headache 

No, they should not cut visual performance for lower PC but offering setting to lower quality for them and keep possibility to set high quality (so the same than before SU5, finally, the same quality than the very first release, the best for visual quality) for high end PC. But actually, the highest quality looks like middle quality of the first release. We don't care about comparing with others products, we compare the same product over time, that is what you should understand (but you would not).

i9-10850k - Asus Tuf Z490+ - 32 Go DDR4 - RTX 3070 8Go MSI Trio X

4 minutes ago, devgrp said:

Make sure it's not Nvidia optimizing the sim with its own settings. I had that happen a few times 

It is not, I do not even have this nVIDIA GF Experience bloatware installed. Furthermore, nVIDIA driven settings would apply no matter if I switch settings inside the sim, no?

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

9 minutes ago, AnkH said:

I filed a bug report in the official forums, lets see if others chime in with the same issue. Link: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/settings-do-not-stick-since-su5/432211

Great!

4 minutes ago, devgrp said:

Devgrp its not that I only install drivers only no other boo at all.

If you have the time could you run the test again from LOW to Ultra, please dont goto med or high. Thank you

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Just now, AnkH said:

It is not, I do not even have this nVIDIA GF Experience bloatware installed. Furthermore, nVIDIA driven settings would apply no matter if I switch settings inside the sim, no?

It might. I think it modify them at the driver level, not sure though. But every time I update drivers I always make sure Nvidia optimization is off

1 minute ago, devgrp said:

It might. I think it modify them at the driver level, not sure though. But every time I update drivers I always make sure Nvidia optimization is off

How can we double check this with just drivers only installed, happy to look, when home.

1 minute ago, Nyxx said:

How can we double check this with just drivers only installed, happy to look, when home.

I don't think it can be  done without the Geforce experience app

I have GeForce Experience installed but I'm most certain that I don't have game optimizations enabled for MSFS. I will perform the test again and report back later.

• Like 2

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Just now, devgrp said:

I don't think it can be  done without the Geforce experience app

I thought not but wanted to check, I never have installed Geforce experience on this PC, DDU clean and Driver only. Current 474.41

• Like 1

On 7/30/2021 at 11:33 AM, devgrp said:

all you guys complaining about down graded visuals and worrying about where the game is going, sound like chicken little. Go compare your visuals to the best p3d and xp has to offer and then ask yourself if could get the same visuals and performance on the other sims

The visuals have been downgraded over time.  I purchased a new PC for MSFS at £3000.  MSFS can still produce amazing moments and I'll continue to support it, but there is no doubt the degradation in visuals is there.  I don't find it odd at all that that there will be complaints about certain aspects of the game since release.  MSFS flight model has improved so it is a great simulator, just not as visually polished as it was at release.

I also use X Plane.  In areas where Orbx TrueEarth is installed it can look as good as, and in some cases better than MSFS.  Obviously the clouds do not compare.  Distant textures used to be pin sharp for me in MSFS, but now they are sharper in X Plane.  Colours, contrast etc can look better in X Plane.  Outside of TrueEarth areas, generic autogen is used, but with a couple of cheap addons everything is in the right place so no problem with flying VFR.  X Plane gives me smooth performance too.

I'm certainly happy MSFS has encouraged Laminer research to upgrade X Plane.  It is good to have more than one choice in flight sims.  I load up the sim that suits the flight I'm doing. I look forward to how both sims develop.

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

I find the backlash insane! We were all reading the top wishes on the dev updates for weeks. One of the TOP "issues" was and I quote "Dreadful Performance". They increase the performance and yet people complain. Obviously not everyone, but it sure is loud in these forums.

Asobo are smart, I'm sure they'll find a way to put the extra fidelity back in the sim but working that in with the optimised rendering will probably still take time. Everything takes time believe it or not.

Dammed if you do, dammed if you don't. It would appear with flight sims at least, this is very accurate.

Wow.

Edited by suncoastflyer
  • Like 2

P3Dv4 + XP11

MFS

22 hours ago, Aristoteles said:

They,...will...FIX..it. In the meantime, fly, go out, enjoy summer, life or whatever. Or not, who am I to tell you what to do, right? 

I'm disappointed how the development has gone and how the visuals have been degraded since release.  However, MSFS is still a great simulator and does produce many wow moments.

After this last update, If I'm flying in an area where X Plane has Orbx TrueEarth, I load up X Plane because it looks sharper, has better colours, better lighting.  X Plane cannot compare in weather obviously, but the joy in flying is there. Maybe there will be a time where MSFS doesn't disappoint in some way and I use it exclusively,  but while this development yoyo is ongoing it is good to have another sim to use. 

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home