Sign in to follow this  
KMSAS

After SU 5 can't start fly from FlyTampa Copenhagen

As said in the title when i want to start my flight from FlyTampa Copenhagen downloaded from Marketplace(with the latest updated version of Copenhagen) after hitting fly, the flysim stops (not responding in the task manager).I tried to go from EKBI to EKCH and all went well. 

Keld M

15 minutes ago, KMSAS said:

As said in the title when i want to start my flight from FlyTampa Copenhagen downloaded from Marketplace(with the latest updated version of Copenhagen) after hitting fly, the flysim stops (not responding in the task manager).I tried to go from EKBI to EKCH and all went well. 

Keld M

i have just loaded into Copenhagen no problems my end i am also using the Marketplace one, 

I landed without problem at FlyTampa EKCH last night from ESGG with the Longitude, I was surprised that I got great performance there also, no stuttering att all as I always got before, maybe you got affected by some bug that hopefully will get solved with the patch today.

Edited by Ixoye

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

Many thanks for your answers. Tried to uninstall and reinstall the scenery without luck. must sse what happens after the fix.

Keld

Have you cleared the cache?

Pit.jpg

Com GA Pilot, Retired • MSFS 2020 • Gigabyte 8th gen lga1151 motherboard z2370 hd3, i5 8600 8th gen 4.3ghz, Thermaltake 750w power supply, 4 x 8gb ddr4 dimm, MSI force GTO 1070 8gb ddr5, 4 SSD's • 4K main display with 3 HD displays, one is a touch screen. Often used as 3 1080P NVIDEA surround screens and one HD touchscreen for AirManager

You need to empty the (live or whatever it is called) as well, the one you can set a limit on.

Pit.jpg

Com GA Pilot, Retired • MSFS 2020 • Gigabyte 8th gen lga1151 motherboard z2370 hd3, i5 8600 8th gen 4.3ghz, Thermaltake 750w power supply, 4 x 8gb ddr4 dimm, MSI force GTO 1070 8gb ddr5, 4 SSD's • 4K main display with 3 HD displays, one is a touch screen. Often used as 3 1080P NVIDEA surround screens and one HD touchscreen for AirManager

Does it work for you when you pick a starting location a bit away from Copenhagen, stop the flight and then load Copenhagen? If yes, it sounds like the problem I have with certain bigger Default Airports since SU5. I opened a Zendesk Ticket about it and this is my description. I am curious if it is the same for you:

Start the Simulator.
Plane selected does not seem to matter, but let´s say the default XCub with wheels.
Go directly to the World Map.
Click on HECA, select Departure.
Click on Start Flight
Loading will stop at about half way through. No error message, no crash, just stops. Need to close the SIM through Task Manager (Clicking X on the Window does not work).

Workaround:
Start the Sim.
Select HEBA (~100m from HECA), select Departure.
Click on Load Flight.
Sim loads up fine.

Now either fly to HECA without any problems OR
Stop the Flight
Go to the World Map.
Select HECA, select Departure.
Click Start Flight.
The Flight will load up fine.

So the problem seems to happen only if my first flight in that area is from HECA.

I described the Problem with HECA, but it is the same for me with KSFO. If I load into KOAK first and then KSFO, no problems.

HECA and KSFO work for me if I load another Airport first. Really strange. And the latest Hotfix did not fix this for me yet.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, buedi said:

Does it work for you when you pick a starting location a bit away from Copenhagen, stop the flight and then load Copenhagen? If yes, it sounds like the problem I have with certain bigger Default Airports since SU5. I opened a Zendesk Ticket about it and this is my description. I am curious if it is the same for you:

Start the Simulator.
Plane selected does not seem to matter, but let´s say the default XCub with wheels.
Click on HECA, select Departure.
Click on Start Flight
Loading will stop at about half way through. No error message, no crash, just stops. Need to close the SIM through Task Manager (Clicking X on the Window does not work).

Workaround:
Start the Sim.
Select HEBA (~100m from HECA), select Departure.
Click on Load Flight.
Sim loads up fine.

Now either fly to HECA without any problems OR
Stop the Flight
Go to the World Map.
Select HECA, select Departure.
Click Start Flight.
The Flight will load up fine.

So the problem seems to happen only if my first flight in that area is from HECA.

I described the Problem with HECA, but it is the same for me with KSFO. If I load into KOAK first and then KSFO, no problems.

HECA and KSFO work for me if I load another Airport first. Really strange. And the latest Hotfix did not fix this for me yet.

I have a similar issue with the Sam Scene 3D Hong Kong scenery.  I can’t load at Hong Kong International airport (VHHH) the first time I load a flight,  The loading screen just freezes,  However, I load at Macao International airport which is about 50 miles away and then go back to the main menu.  After that, I can load at Hong Kong International airport.

Also, if I delete the Sam Scene 3D Hong Kong scenery, I can load at Hong Kong International airport, even if it’s the first airport I load.

Edited by abrams_tank

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

I have the same problem with EGLL - If go straight to it I cant load - If I go to the discovery flight first  - exit - then go to EGLL I load fine.

Every release is some insane new issue that I never would have thought would creep up.....

@marcg11Do you think you could also file a Zendesk Ticket? We could then cross-reference our Ticketnumbers. Maybe it helps Asobo tracking down the problem? The more Information they have where this happens, the easier it is for them to find the root of the problem.

I will try the workaround when coming home and file a zendesk ticket to.

Keld

Now I have installed FlyTampa Copenhagen update version 1.4.1 from Marketplace, and hoped my problem to open Copenhagen was solved. Still the loading screen just freezes, and even if I open an airport nearby, which was my "workarond before to open FlyTampa's EKCH, it still freezes Disappointed!!

Keld

Edited by KMSAS