Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

Hotfix 1.18.14.0 is now live!

12 hours ago, edpatino said:

These MSFS SU's and WU's and subsequent hotfixes, make me remember the old days with P3D. At each P3D incremental update -and maybe one or two hotfixes just after-, several add-ons had to be updated for compatibility issues, and all was done until the next update, but that happened every five/six months.

With MSFS, things are starting to look the same, but with the important difference that is happening almost every one/two months. Bad signal.

It’s called the cloud. It’s not “bad” but rather the way a cloud service works.

I agree that they can’t release updates that cause regression bugs, and the testing needs to be more rigorous or the updates need to be less often.

But make no mistake, the days of P3D style release management are over.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, neil0311 said:

I agree that they can’t release updates that cause regression bugs, and the testing needs to be more rigorous or the updates need to be less often.

Simply put, but absolutely precise and spot on.

• Like 1

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

Installed hot fix, so far so good, performance is great, although the panning issue still remains, the scenery still looking washed out and other minor issues. Overall I'm quite happy with SU5.

Edited by CarlosF
  • Like 2

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

5 minutes ago, CarlosF said:

Installed hot fix, so far so good, performance is great, although the panning issue still remains, the scenery still looking washed out and other minor issues. Overall I'm quite happy with SU5.

My panning issuea has totally gone after hotfix and a windows update prior to hotfix.

Have you checked the windows dynamic thread disabling tweak via ProcessLasso?

Game mode is off on my system btw.

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

6 hours ago, michap7 said:

Hi! Windows is up to date, all hotfixes installed. Manual reinstallation of NET.Framework is not possible. What do you mean by checking the registry? via cmd sfc /scannow? Still CTD on any flight (\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\clr.dll)

Grüsse, Micha

@michap7 Windows up to date? V 21H1 ? Your Net Framework is Version 4.0.... and not suitable for the latest Windows. Actual Version 4.8, came in OCT 2020 with Windows update, last updated with KB5003537 July 2021. Download Version 3.5 and 4.8 from Microsoft. After new start Windows should offer updates (older) for your Net Framework, otherwise install KB5003537 and look than for other updates.

Check Einstellungen - Update und Sicherheit - Updateverlauf for Error messages. 

Here all KB for Net Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Windows V 20H2 and 21H1:

- for Windows 20H2 - KB4601050 (02/21) / KB4601554 (05/21) / KB5003254 (06/21)

-for Windows 21H1 - KB5003537 (07/21).

Registry check - for example with CCleaner (Freeware) or even others. Always make a copy of your registry before you make any changes.

Let it be if you never worked with it or have no experience.

Gruss Detlef

PS: bevor Du nicht das Problem mit NetFramework gelöst hast, brauchst Du nicht woanders suchen. Schon gar nicht in MSFS.Entweder sind bei Dir einige Windows Updates in die Hose gegangen oder Deine Registry ist corrupt. Gut wer eine Sicherungskopie hat, ansonsten - Windows neu installieren. 

My MSFS is also unusable since SU5. The hotfix did not fix anything on my end. When I try to start a flight in the FBW A320 the sim crashes as soon as I enter the cockpit. I really do not understand why they don't even test the most common add-ons like the FBW A320. So the sim is now bricked for me until they release a real fix for this mess.

• Upvote 1

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Happy man here - great performance with my old rig (I7 3770K and GTX 1080). No panning issues, except I'm getting crazy and check my 6 every second....

With Su5 I had one CTD - removed accidentially my USB hub and reconnected it while MSFS was running.

In 1080p on my old monitor - brightness way to high and all colors washed out a bit. Was crazy enough to choose ULTRA  - 45 up to 60 FPS !

In 2160p on my TV (60Hz/HDR) - HIGH settings, downscale to 80% - in all sight seeings between 32 and 40 FPS, even NYC .... Brightness and coloring much much better.

After about every 35 minutes - CTD. Not because MSFS, because my GTX1080 is running to hot and shuts itself down !

Need a better GPU .....

Best regards

PS: Wondering ... After SU5 content manager told me all is up to date. After Hotfix - all WU expected update. After update all WU where smaller, saved about 5 GB.

2 minutes ago, stratone said:

Need a better GPU .....

Or better case cooling. Maybe turn up those fans.....

Fortunately for me, I think, I had just in the last week yanked my graphics card and blown out a few months of dust bunnies.

Edited by HiFlyer

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

As the FBW A320 is now an "official", at least as in Marketplace, free DLC you would have thought they would be working with the devs to ensure any required update goes in with the main patch.

Anyhow just started MSFS to see it's a 40Gb plus download for the various update/hotfixes. Oh joy. Means I can't even play anything else via Steam until that's done.

1 hour ago, stratone said:

@michap7 Windows up to date? V 21H1 ? Your Net Framework is Version 4.0.... and not suitable for the latest Windows. Actual Version 4.8, came in OCT 2020 with Windows update, last updated with KB5003537 July 2021. Download Version 3.5 and 4.8 from Microsoft. After new start Windows should offer updates (older) for your Net Framework, otherwise install KB5003537 and look than for other updates.

Check Einstellungen - Update und Sicherheit - Updateverlauf for Error messages. 

Here all KB for Net Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Windows V 20H2 and 21H1:

- for Windows 20H2 - KB4601050 (02/21) / KB4601554 (05/21) / KB5003254 (06/21)

-for Windows 21H1 - KB5003537 (07/21).

Registry check - for example with CCleaner (Freeware) or even others. Always make a copy of your registry before you make any changes.

Let it be if you never worked with it or have no experience.

Gruss Detlef

PS: bevor Du nicht das Problem mit NetFramework gelöst hast, brauchst Du nicht woanders suchen. Schon gar nicht in MSFS.Entweder sind bei Dir einige Windows Updates in die Hose gegangen oder Deine Registry ist corrupt. Gut wer eine Sicherungskopie hat, ansonsten - Windows neu installieren. 

Hi!

First a lot thank you very much for your effort to help me!

Attempts to install  latest version 3.5 and 4.8 from Microsoft showed that there is no need to install, as a simalar or higher version is already installed. 

According to this link (https://docs.microsoft.com/de-de/dotnet/framework/migration-guide/how-to-determine-which-versions-are-installed#detect-net-framework-45-and-later-versions) I found the "Release-Wert" REG_DWORD to be 528372.

So Version 4.8 should be installed. CC Cleaner brought up nothing special despite older NET.FRAMEWORK 1 problems which could be solved.

All mentioned KBs are shown to be installed except for KB4601050 (which was known to have a problem). As I am using 21H1, this should not be a problem?

What seems strange to me, is the in the windows/Microsoft.NET folder, there are only folders (32 an 64bit) up to v4.0.30319. Are the higher versions supposed to be somewhere else?

Do we know  which NET.Framework FS2020 relays to? As I have read some others eventlogs, it does not necessarily be a specific problem of my systems CTDs. 

Thanks again,

Micha

Edited by michap7

15 minutes ago, michap7 said:

Hi!

First a lot thank you very much for your effort to help me!

According to this link (https://docs.microsoft.com/de-de/dotnet/framework/migration-guide/how-to-determine-which-versions-are-installed#detect-net-framework-45-and-later-versions) I found the "Release-Wert" REG_DWORD to be 528372. So Version 4.8 should be installed. CC Cleaner brought up nothing special despite older NET.FRAMEWORK 1 problems which could be solved. All KB are shown to be installed except for KB4601050. As I am using 21H1, this should not be a problem? What seems strange to me, is the in the windows/Microsoft.NET folder, there are only folders (32 an 64bit) up to v4.0.30319. Are the higher versions supposed to be somewhere else?

Thanks again

@michap7 Hi, keine Ursache ....

I would install the KB4601050 for safety, it was the first KB related to 3.5 and 4.8. As KB's are culmulative it shouldn't matter but you never know ....

Do you have Net Framework 3.5 also installed?

Interestingly - my net folder shows the same (4.0....), never checked it before ..... But the date of the folder should be from July 2021 (last KB). The log reports always an error (could not delete image - too many roots depending), that might be the reason for. I assume there is no other folder for Net Framework anywhere else because you will find all dates from the KB's on different files within this folder.

Good luck.

As mentioned in my other post - I'm very happy with the SU5 and the HotFix. No problems so far. It runs like a charme until my GPU refused to work (too hot) ..... No addons, except Navigraph for the time. Never made experements with Lasso and others, never changed any configs, no liveries eg. Stock MSFS. Tomorrow I'll test the H135, have to check their Discord before .... 

Best regards

PS: 1 am here now (BKK time), my bed is calling ....

1 hour ago, carlito777 said:

My MSFS is also unusable since SU5. The hotfix did not fix anything on my end. When I try to start a flight in the FBW A320 the sim crashes as soon as I enter the cockpit. I really do not understand why they don't even test the most common add-ons like the FBW A320. So the sim is now bricked for me until they release a real fix for this mess.

you need an updated version.

5 minutes ago, stratone said:

@michap7 Hi, keine Ursache ....

I would install the KB4601050 for safety, it was the first KB related to 3.5 and 4.8. As KB's are culmulative it shouldn't matter but you never know ....

Do you have Net Framework 3.5 also installed?

Interestingly - my net folder shows the same (4.0....), never checked it before ..... But the date of the folder should be from July 2021 (last KB). The log reports always an error (could not delete image - too many roots depending), that might be the reason for. I assume there is no other folder for Net Framework anywhere else because you will find all dates from the KB's on different files within this folder.

Good luck.

As mentioned in my other post - I'm very happy with the SU5 and the HotFix. No problems so far. It runs like a charme until my GPU refused to work (too hot) ..... No addons, except Navigraph for the time. Never made experements with Lasso and others, never changed any configs, no liveries eg. Stock MSFS. Tomorrow I'll test the H135, have to check their Discord before .... 

Best regards

PS: 1 am here now (BKK time), my bed is calling ....

Ok, I will try it and report later!

Good night! 🙂

Aaand another ntdll.dll crash. I've just about had it now. This is not sustainable. 

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

First test flight tonight Orly Bastia while ULTRA 3440x1440 and GPU 1080. Vynsc 30 IPS

Fluidity level with the FBW 320 of course it's better even if I still have the beigements when I go from overhead to pilot view or FMC to overhead it's not yet ultra fluid but I pushed all the way with an outdated GPU. Performance level we will say that it is positive and fortunately!

Because after that full of bad surprises ...
The mouse that disappears when I look left or right while moving with the keyboard

Bug to load fuel via the small handlebar icon

Contrast or Gamma as you want ULTRA AGGRESIVE! horrible (yes I will have to change the gamma in the NCP) but it was THE STRONG POINT of MSFS to have a really nice brightness!

Suddenly Clouds far too white buildings taxiways vehicles ....

Then where did the shadows of the clouds go? in addition to having lost our beautiful clouds, we also lost their shadows!

Much more blurry terrain! Much less clear than before the update to FL370 it is obvious!

And finally I arrived in Bastia! the water ? in ULTRA it can't be that? before in elevated it was better! it's full of water artifacts (during sunset)

Frankly I was very satisfied before the update I realized that it was good! It was clean stable fluid! Just lacked to redo the correct night towns and it was good!

Well in the end we come back worse than before the game was released ....

• Upvote 1