Sign in to follow this  
KORH Jeff

Significant Frame rate degradation over several minutes

Not here to complain.  Really just trying to confirm if something is a known issue or not following the "XBox" release this week.

I need to update my hardware profile, but FYI I have an 11,500 processor and a 3070 RTX.  32Gig Ram.  

Since the release, I seem to take off fine but within minutes I get some choppiness and then a few more minutes of taking off, I literally get down to under 5-10 frames a second.  Not sure what is happening.  I've updated to the hotfix, I removed everything from the community folder before the XBox patch and the hotfix patch, etc.  My only real intent here is to see if anyone can confirm if others are having this issue and / or if this is a known issue.  I can't find reference to it here nor on the forums.  

Hoping for some validation or confirmation it's a just me issue. haha..

Thanks in advance.

Edited by KORH Jeff

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6600 CPU @ 3.30GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.3GHz
          Memory: 16384MB RAM
          WINDOWS10 - DirectX Version: DirectX 12
          NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti (Display Memory: 12183 MB; Dedicated Memory: 4018 MB)

Nope, don't have that issue at all on my end, even before the hotfix.

• Like 1

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Not for me and haven’t seen any reports elsewhere like this. Although the latest hot patch mentions a memory leak for some, so…

Have you checked what other processes are doing? Sounds like something could be starting up in the background.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

3 minutes ago, KORH Jeff said:

Not here to complain.  Really just trying to confirm if something is a known issue or not following the "XBox" release this week.

I need to update my hardware, but I have an 11,500 processor and a 3070 RTX.  32Gig Ram.  

Since the release, I seem to take off fine but within minutes I get some choppiness and then a few more minutes of taking off, I literally get down to under 5-10 frames a second.  Not sure what is happening.  I've updated to the hotfix, I removed everything from the community folder before the XBox patch and the hotfix patch, etc.  My only real intent here is to see if anyone can confirm if others are having this issue and / or if this is a known issue.  I can't find reference to it here nor on the forums.  

Thanks in advance.

It is not a general problem, so source of this problem is on your computer. This is a typical behaviour, when computer has problem with cooling. From start it works good, but in few minutes CPU or GPU reach its temperature limit and FW decrease its power for damage prevention. So it is necessary check CPU and GPU cooler and case airflow too.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, KORH Jeff said:

I need to update my hardware profile, but FYI I have an 11,500 processor and a 3070 RTX.  32Gig Ram.  

Thanks in advance.

If you get the issue again, try turning off Live Traffic and see if it goes away. Was a known and recently reproducible solution to that issue.

Jonathon James

51 minutes ago, KORH Jeff said:

Thanks in advance.

Is this with the latest hotfix?

It's supposed to fix a memory leak. Which kind of sounds like what you're experiencing. 

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

1 hour ago, johnnycaptain said:

If you get the issue again, try turning off Live Traffic and see if it goes away. Was a known and recently reproducible solution to that issue.

I had the issue 4 times in a row with live traffic.  Did what you suggested and issue appears to be resolved.  THANK YOU

I wonder if this is a recurring issue every time I try live traffic or if shutting it off resets it somehow?  I will try as I really like the live traffic idea and have the specs (I believe) certainly to support having live traffic on.  Anyway, thanks so much.

• Like 2

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti (Display Memory: 12183 MB; Dedicated Memory: 4018 MB)

36 minutes ago, Republic3D said:

Is this with the latest hotfix?

It's supposed to fix a memory leak. Which kind of sounds like what you're experiencing. 

Yes even after the hotfix.

• Like 1