Sign in to follow this  
CarlosF

CTD due to overheating maybe??

For those having overheating issues particularly with GPU you may want a try limiting fps, this will give your GPU some breathing room. Leaving fps to max-out will only cause most average GPU's to run at 100%. I have a nvidia 1070, leaving v-sync off cause it to run at 100% all the time.

1 For 60Hz monitors enable v-sync within sim and lock frame rate to 60 or 30, pick the one setting that ensures consistent fps, whichever your hardware allows.

2 For 120Hz monitors enable v-sync within sim and lock frame rate  20 (this will v-sync sim to 40fps) I have an old pc and with SU5 my hardware is able to maintain consistent 40fsp for a very smooth ride.

3 For 144hz, set monitor refresh rate to 120 and follow option 2.

For those with more then 4 physical cores, turning off HT in bios will also reduce CPU temperatures. I have it on, under stress and with current OC settings it won't go higher then 76deg.

Drop a notch on your OC. When MSFS came out, I was having all kinds of CTD's and after a few fail suggestions, I decided to got down a notch on my OC, rebooted and what do you know, voila, it worked! Since then I haven't had one single CTD, not even with SU5.

just my 2 cents.

• Like 2

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

14 minutes ago, CarlosF said:

For those having overheating issues particularly with GPU you may want a try limiting fps, this will give your GPU some breathing room. Leaving fps to max-out will only cause most average GPU's to run at 100%. I have a nvidia 1070, leaving v-sync off cause it to run at 100% all the time.

1 For 60Hz monitors enable v-sync within sim and lock frame rate to 60 or 30, pick the one setting that ensures consistent fps, whichever your hardware allows.

2 For 120Hz monitors enable v-sync within sim and lock frame rate  20 (this will v-sync sim to 40fps) I have an old pc and with SU5 my hardware is able to maintain consistent 40fsp for a very smooth ride.

3 For 144hz, set monitor refresh rate to 120 and follow option 2.

For those with more then 4 physical cores, turning off HT in bios will also reduce CPU temperatures. I have it on, under stress and with current OC settings it won't go higher then 76deg.

Drop a notch on your OC. When MSFS came out, I was having all kinds of CTD's and after a few fail suggestions, I decided to got down a notch on my OC, rebooted and what do you know, voila, it worked! Since then I haven't had one single CTD, not even with SU5.

just my 2 cents.

Your CPU doesn't meet the system requirement. WASM modules are using CPU instruction set that doesn't exist in 3000 series CPU. Your issue is that you need a new CPU. The minimum is 4000 series CPU. 

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

46 minutes ago, fogboundturtle said:

Your CPU doesn't meet the system requirement. WASM modules are using CPU instruction set that doesn't exist in 3000 series CPU. Your issue is that you need a new CPU. The minimum is 4000 series CPU. 

What are you talking about??

Look at my specs in sig.

Edited by CarlosF

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

Just now, CarlosF said:

What are you talking about??

Look at my specs.

i7 3770k @ 4.3 HT WC 

Yes this is not meeting requirement. You need an I7 or i5- 4670k minimum.

1 minute ago, fogboundturtle said:

Yes this is not meeting requirement. You need an I7 or i5- 4670k minimum.

you are joking right?? lol

1 minute ago, CarlosF said:

you are joking right?? lol

I am not. This was discovered by Aerosoft. The CRJ was causing CTDs for many of their users. After investigation, they found out that CPU prior to Haswell are missing an CPU instruction set that Asobo is using in their engine to load/decompress/execute WASM modules and was the cause of the CTD.

2 minutes ago, fogboundturtle said:

I am not. This was discovered by Aerosoft. The CRJ was causing CTDs for many of their users. After investigation, they found out that CPU prior to Haswell are missing an CPU instruction set that Asobo is using in their engine to load/decompress/execute WASM modules and was the cause of the CTD.

Well just for your information, Im not having any issues, I guess you misunderstood my post, I'm merely making a suggestion, not complaining. My pc handles the sim quite nicely.

Edited by CarlosF

3 minutes ago, CarlosF said:

Well just for your information, Im not having any issues, I guess you misunderstood my post, I'm merely making a suggestion, not complaining. My pc handles the sim quite nicely.

I am letting you of a fact that you should be aware of as this has been flagged as a known issue.  If you  managed to avoid this issue, I guess you are lucky and good for you.

MSFS minimal requirement also says that.

• CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 or AMD Ryzen 3 1200 or better.
Edited by fogboundturtle

That WASM compatibility issue was probably fixed with today's hotfix.

• Fixed crashes on WASM modules for older CPUs

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

That WASM compatibility issue was probably fixed with today's hotfix.

OH nice that's good to know

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fogboundturtle said:

I am letting you of a fact that you should be aware of as this has been flagged as a known issue.  If you  managed to avoid this issue, I guess you are lucky and good for you.

Thanks but my post is about possible overheating issues causing CTD's and not the CRJ, although your info is quite welcome. Maybe you should start a new topic so others flying Aerosoft's CRJ are aware of the problem.

7 minutes ago, fogboundturtle said:

MSFS minimal requirement also says that.

• CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 or AMD Ryzen 3 1200 or better.

LOL, you don't seem to get it, my rig handles MSFS fine, so lets just leave it a that.

Edited by CarlosF