Sign in to follow this  
av8r13

Cockpit Eye Height limit

Hello,

the new update has caused a new problem. before the update, i could raise the eye height in the cockpit camera very high in the cockpit.

since the update, the cockpit camera will barely raise. i can not see over the top of the panel.

any idea as why i am limited in raising my cockpit camera?

thanks

• Like 2

David Myers

to add to the previous post, i have adjusted the height option from 50 to 75.

MSFS will enter the cockpit at the new height, but as soon as i adjust for a new camera, the height will reset itself to below the top of the panel

David Myers

has anyone else experienced the problem of the "low roof" in the aircraft and not being able to raise the cockpit camera height?

• Like 1

David Myers

3 minutes ago, av8r13 said:

has anyone else experienced the problem of the "low roof" in the aircraft and not being able to raise the cockpit camera height?

Nope same as usual here

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

36 minutes ago, av8r13 said:

I have.  I can't set my view above the cowling now in the classic C172 (using up arrow key).  I can go down but not up.  I am stuck with the default view with my eyeline level with the top of the panel - frustrating to say the least! 

I have tried moving the camera height in the menus, but it doesn't stick properly that way and shoots back down in the sim and introduces other problems. 

I don't know what they have done here, but this is a basic necessity that has been nerfed.  I thought we had this bug last year and it got fixed once - its back!  :unsure:

Edited by bobcat999

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Side note:  In the virtual cockpit,  hitting spacebar will change your view to "Landing",   which raises your seat height over the panel.   You see less instruments,   more windscreen.

Edited by Waldo Pepper

bobcat, i have the exact same issue as you. very frustrating as i can not set my views as i want.

i wonder if there is a config entry somewhere that can be modified

• Like 1

David Myers

57 minutes ago, wim123 said:

do you maybe run with viewmods???

No viewmods.

56 minutes ago, Waldo Pepper said:

Side note:  In the virtual cockpit,  hitting spacebar will change your view to "Landing",   which raises your seat height over the panel.   You see less instruments,   more windscreen.

Yes, true.  But, that is not what I am after.  I can't set a custom camera position properly now using the arrow keys.  Even if I manage to set a poor custom one below the panel, it snaps back to the default Asobo one if I look left or right.  That is incorrect behaviour and it has changed.

This used to be a bug in the early days that has crept back in - they solved it once.

Edited by bobcat999

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

I noticed the same not being able to adjust the seat height as before SU5

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

this actually makes the sim unflyable for me as i can not consistently see over the instrument panel for VFR flying

• Like 1

David Myers

Just spit balling,   Have you tried the setting, "Cockpit Camera Selection"?   It has three options,   "Wide Angle", "Landing",  and "Close".

Also,  try  CTRL+LEFT-ALT + 1-9 keys to set a cockpit camera preset. LEFT-ALT 1-9 recall the preset.

See also: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/pilots-pov-adjusting-seat-height/244216/20

Edited by Waldo Pepper

4 hours ago, av8r13 said:

Yes I have - many of my custom internal camera views are now unable to see out of the cockpit and I can not raise the POV enough to see out.  

i7-9700K @4.9 GHz  / Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Mobo / 32 GB DDR4 / RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU / AORUS FO48U 4k display
 SSD for Drive C and another SSD dedicate to Flight Sim / 1 GB Comcast Xfinity Internet connection / HP Reverb G2 / Tobii 5 Head & Eye Tracking

read about me and my sailing adventures at www.svmirador.net/WebsiteOne/ or at Flickr TacomaSailor

It’s something with the Asobo/default planes I think. 

No issues with Carenado Mooney...it’s like it was before