Sign in to follow this  
Bobsk8

PMDG DC6 Update

PMDG just put out an update for the DC6.  Just start the Operations Center. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I just copied this from the PMDG Forum,

Captains,

A few moments ago we released another update for the PMDG DC-6 for MSFS via the Operations Center.

This update is primarily targeted at visual aspects of the PMDG DC-6 that were incorrectly exported in build 33, but also includes a couple of minor fixes in our ongoing maintenance of the product and curative efforts for some of the things that changed with the large MSFS platform update released this week.

I mentioned in in my post earlier this week that PMDG was admitted to the test program for the new MSFS update with only a few days to prep the DC-6 for the transition. We missed some key documentation changes related to Asobo's SDK, and this caused us to accidentally export the DC-6 cockpit at lower resolution than normal, which created some really bad visuals in the VC. This update cures that problem by putting the cockpit back to the correct resolution.

We have implemented something that we *think* fixes the problem of the randomly spinning volume knob on the Asobo GPS used in the DC-6. We aren't sure why that knob is an issue, but we were able to implement a way to make it stop spinning, which then unsticks the AFE who was getting hung up by that particular artifact.

Also included in this update:
* Level-of-detail (LOD) fixes for the exterior
* Overhauled the cabin heating/cooling system for correctness
* Cabin pressurization fixes
* Engine health display fixes

We have other items we are still working on, but thought it was important to get you this update in time for your weekend flying!

One last item I want to touch on: I mentioned in my previous post that we had reported back to Asobo that in their last build prior to platform update, we saw a significant drop in performance in the DC-6. Continuing discussion with Asobo has shown that we weren't not imagining this change- there was indeed a change made to the release version of the MSFS platform that took performance away from the DC-6.

Asobo indicated that they turned off a particular rendering channel because it needed more time in development to solve a few problems, and it just happens that the DC-6 benefits significantly from this particular channel- hence we saw the loss of performance in the release build. The good news, however, is that they were able to resolve the issues they were experiencing, and this channel is expected to be reactivated in a subsequent update from Asobo- and then you will see a pretty significant boost in performance with the DC-6.

So- good things still to come!

We hope you all have a very nice weekend,

Robert S. Randazzo

I had complained about this cockpit resolution on several posts and was told by some, that they didn't see this poor res,  and it looked perfect to them, acting like I was daft or something. Oh Well. 

Edited by Bobsk8
  • Like 3

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Cool haven't flown it in a while will have to check out this new build.

1 hour ago, Waldo Pepper said:

TY.   Hope get engine smoke / tire smoke.

Maybe in 2022. That's not a priority with PMDG. Maybe A2A products and Just Flight

Edited by jbdbow1970

41 minutes ago, jbdbow1970 said:

Maybe in 2022. That's not a priority with PMDG. Maybe A2A products and Just Flight

3 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

I just copied this from the PMDG Forum,

Captains,

A few moments ago we released another update for the PMDG DC-6 for MSFS via the Operations Center.

This update is primarily targeted at visual aspects of the PMDG DC-6 that were incorrectly exported in build 33, but also includes a couple of minor fixes in our ongoing maintenance of the product and curative efforts for some of the things that changed with the large MSFS platform update released this week.

I mentioned in in my post earlier this week that PMDG was admitted to the test program for the new MSFS update with only a few days to prep the DC-6 for the transition. We missed some key documentation changes related to Asobo's SDK, and this caused us to accidentally export the DC-6 cockpit at lower resolution than normal, which created some really bad visuals in the VC. This update cures that problem by putting the cockpit back to the correct resolution.

We have implemented something that we *think* fixes the problem of the randomly spinning volume knob on the Asobo GPS used in the DC-6. We aren't sure why that knob is an issue, but we were able to implement a way to make it stop spinning, which then unsticks the AFE who was getting hung up by that particular artifact.

Also included in this update:
* Level-of-detail (LOD) fixes for the exterior
* Overhauled the cabin heating/cooling system for correctness
* Cabin pressurization fixes
* Engine health display fixes

We have other items we are still working on, but thought it was important to get you this update in time for your weekend flying!

One last item I want to touch on: I mentioned in my previous post that we had reported back to Asobo that in their last build prior to platform update, we saw a significant drop in performance in the DC-6. Continuing discussion with Asobo has shown that we weren't not imagining this change- there was indeed a change made to the release version of the MSFS platform that took performance away from the DC-6.

Asobo indicated that they turned off a particular rendering channel because it needed more time in development to solve a few problems, and it just happens that the DC-6 benefits significantly from this particular channel- hence we saw the loss of performance in the release build. The good news, however, is that they were able to resolve the issues they were experiencing, and this channel is expected to be reactivated in a subsequent update from Asobo- and then you will see a pretty significant boost in performance with the DC-6.

So- good things still to come!

We hope you all have a very nice weekend,

Robert S. Randazzo

I had complained about this cockpit resolution on several posts and was told by some, that they didn't see this poor res,  and it looked perfect to them, acting like I was daft or something. Oh Well. 

None of us said that you were daft. We just said that it didnt happen on our side, we even uploaded pictures for you to prove it just to make you stop telling US that we were lying or just blind. What is wrong with you, you think we photoshopped those pictures for the great elitist make-Bob-believe-the-DC6-VC-is-alright-conspiration? That is as pathetic as it is childish, if I may say so. Don't expect people to help you out any further after such moves.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Got to hand it to the guys at PMDG; this is some swift work they are doing for us. Really interesting reading about the rendering channel stuff. I already have great performance in the DC-6. Even more would be really sweet.

Regarding the issue with cockpit textures I'm not so sure I see any difference at all. It still looks good to me...(?)

• Like 1

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

20 minutes ago, Swe_Richard said:

Got to hand it to the guys at PMDG; this is some swift work they are doing for us. Really interesting reading about the rendering channel stuff. I already have great performance in the DC-6. Even more would be really sweet.

Regarding the issue with cockpit textures I'm not so sure I see any difference at all. It still looks good to me...(?)

maybe this is something only 4 k users saw...i am only on full hd, didnt see any diff too.

but sad these weird allegations over and over, rolls eyes.

I use the DC-6 almost exclusively and I have noticed significant improvement in the cockpit textures with the latest MSFS hotfix. For me, they are definitely similar to what they were before SU5.

• Like 1

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

Since this latest update the instrument panel no longer vibrates which is a bit of a shame.

3 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

Since this latest update the instrument panel no longer vibrates which is a bit of a shame.

Odd. Mine does.

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

5 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

Bob we have been here before, have we not? no one "told" you we went out of our way to help you. Mine as people said looked sharper than yours and other said the same .others said it looked like your. We know what Robert said but it effected some more than others. We shared what we saw., nothing more. Why on earth to you take it as an attack? Just like you did BIG time when people where trying very hard to tell you, your PC was the problem.

Do you ever learn..................Oh Well.

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 2

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

51 minutes ago, Swe_Richard said:

Odd. Mine does.

same  here   but  it  seems  worse  when using  vr 🙂

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

1 hour ago, Swe_Richard said:

Have to agree, they are a model on how to treat their customers, and constantly strive for excellence in their product line. No fobbing off of customer issues, as they quietly move ahead making improvements with out any need to boast.

• Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,