Sign in to follow this  
nas123

MSFS v 1.18.14.0 should be GROUNDED NOW

I wish they would separate PC and Xbox completely from each other, and give us back the original version after sanding the edges and fixing the most important bugs, and then working with both versions separately.

• Like 2

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

^^ 100% agree give us back the previous version, but I 99% don't think they will ^^

In France, the max work week is generally 35 hours by law, though i don't know if that extends to programming jobs. 

Edited by Alpine Scenery

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

• Like 2

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

2 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

I'm kind of wondering why the mods allow this endless stream of posts that attempt to thrash MSFS, with little substance and evidence to them....

Little evidence? haha go check the MS forums, thousands of people are complaining about the same thing. Thousands cant be wrong. Theres petitions going around mate. Needs to be fixed. 

• Like 4

Speaking purely as a neutral as I don’t have MSFS the policy of forced updates seems counter-productive.

If it was optional those hesitant to update could wait and gauge reaction to the latest version. As things stand the only way not to be forced to install the latest version is not to run the program. Not very satisfactory.

Maybe there are good reasons why this policy was introduced but it does seem odd.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

2 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

I'm kind of wondering why the mods allow this endless stream of posts that attempt to thrash MSFS, with little substance and evidence to them....

because the Sim produce an endless stream of Errors. From CDT's to "internet connection lost" to freezes.

Achim

Such a selfish heading. I have had no problems whatsoever. Typically, I've found previous CTD's were caused by elements external to the sim, i.e. hardware or non compatible addon scenery. Regards.

• Like 2

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

11 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Speaking purely as a neutral as I don’t have MSFS the policy of forced updates seems counter-productive.

If it was optional those hesitant to update could wait and gauge reaction to the latest version. As things stand the only way not to be forced to install the latest version is not to run the program. Not very satisfactory.

Maybe there are good reasons why this policy was introduced but it does seem odd.

I may be corrected by people more knowledgeable than me, but I do not see it as a policy but as a constraint . As the MS servers continuously send us data (images, weather ) during a session, one can suppose that these data have a format adapted to the latest version. They can't have their user base with a multitude of versions. It comes with territory (streaming).

What seems to me crazy is the policy of having large updates way too often We will "digest" SU5 for weeks with a couple of hotfixes still to come IMO but mid-september they will already release a SU6 ! One or two updates a year would be more reasonable. 

• Like 3

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

3 minutes ago, Peter Webber said:

Such a selfish heading. I have had no problems whatsoever. Typically, I've found previous CTD's were caused by elements external to the sim, i.e. hardware or non compatible addon scenery. Regards.

Are you referring to the incompatible default planes or the incompatible disappeared jetways or the incompatible default AI CTD, or perhaps you might be referring to the incompatible rudder issue. Wait, that might not be it, perhaps you are referring to the incompatible default animations, or the multiplayer enabled bug with AI enabled bug, well I guess not, maybe it's just the incompatible don't click here bug. Could be the incompatible default trim bug. I think I forgot the incompatible default mesh projection bug, trying to keep all these sorted, but having some incompatibility issues with my setup 🙂

Edited by Alpine Scenery
  • Like 2

Nobody in his right mind will argue that the sim hasn´t got its problems. Some , infuriating. But what´s the point of beating a dead horse threads once and again?  

Edited by Aristoteles
  • Like 1

Iñigo Bildarratz

They are venting, what's the point of anything. Sometimes i ask myself what's the point of life itself...

Edited by Alpine Scenery
  • Like 1

XD. I will give you that. 0-1. Next thread in the forum Should be " Whats the point of living after SU5? Opinions?"

Edited by Aristoteles
  • Like 2

Iñigo Bildarratz

8 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

I may be corrected by people more knowledgeable than me, but I do not see it as a policy but as a constraint . As the MS servers continuously send us data (images, weather ) during a session, one can suppose that these data have a format adapted to the latest version. They can't have their user base with a multitude of versions. It comes with territory (streaming).

If that is the requirement then that's the price that had to be paid for a streaming simulator. Personally, I couldn't live with that with frequent major updates. Maybe when things settle down it won't be such a problem.

• Like 2

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Let's be honest, grounded and then what is the alternative? XP and P3D look like I don't know, from an ancient sim? The issue is, once you get used to MSFS for the whole year, trust me, it is extremely hard to get used to something else. The only alternative that I see, just take the pain and swallow it 😅

But I agree with the OP, from all updates, this is the most unstable update that feels like we are back to square 0 in August with all these CTDs. But yeah, it is going to take them another one or two updates to have it more stable like before. 

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

8 minutes ago, omarsmak30 said:

But I agree with the OP, from all updates, this is the most unstable update that feels like we are back to square 0 in August with all these CTDs. But yeah, it is going to take them another one or two updates to have it more stable like before. 

Yes, I hope they can fix the majority of this in 1-2 updates, if so i will be amazed, but I remain hopeful.