Sign in to follow this  
highflyer2020

Posts from P3D/Xplane Developers should be flagged

These people manipulate the threads/conversations to their favour i.e promoting an exaggerated viewpoint that FS2020 is unstable/disaster.

SU5 has not been smooth for some but it's clear that there are people on these forums that develop for platforms such as XPlane/P3D which stand to gain from less people moving over to FS2020.

I am not calling for these people to be outright banned, but if you are a developer on the platforms you should be highlighted as such when posting in the same way Moderators/Commercial Members/Contributors are flagged at this it becomes very clear that way what bias someone might have when posting something.

Edited by highflyer2020
  • Like 8
  • Upvote 1

Sorry, but what Is Ex-Plane and 3PD? Never heard of em.

Edited by captain420
  • Like 5

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

The issue is, I think SU5 has caused unease from both sides, users and developers. Even Aerosoft, looking at Hartman posts in Aerosoft fourms, he seems to be word not allowed as well as there are things broken in the CRJ and need Asobo to fix them (speed bug), therefore I understand why some developers are angry when things they have been working on for months get broken in one update. 

Having said that, I hope Asobo will fix these soon 

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

1 minute ago, omarsmak30 said:

The issue is, I think SU5 has caused unease from both sides, users and developers. Even Aerosoft, looking at Hartman posts in Aerosoft fourms, he seems to be word not allowed as well as there are things broken in the CRJ and need Asobo to fix them (speed bug), therefore I understand why some developers are angry when things they have been working on for months get broken in one update. 

Having said that, I hope Asobo will fix these soon 

Are they not part of the preview builds then? FBW were able to issue an update on the day of SU5 as they have had a preview build for a long time.

10 minutes ago, captain420 said:

Sorry, but what Is Ex-Plane and 3PD? Never heard of em.

3PD - third party devs 

Oh, come on. This doesn´t help to stop  the Us vs Them (both ways) childish attitude at all.

Edited by Aristoteles
  • Like 4

Iñigo Bildarratz

29 minutes ago, highflyer2020 said:

These people manipulate the threads/conversations to their favour i.e promoting an exaggerated viewpoint that FS2020 is unstable/disaster.

SU5 has not been smooth for some but it's clear that there are people on these forums that develop for platforms such as XPlane/P3D which stand to gain from less people moving over to FS2020.

I am not calling for these people to be outright banned, but if you are a developer on the platforms you should be highlighted as such when posting in the same way Moderators/Commercial Members/Contributors are flagged at this it becomes very clear that way what bias someone might have when posting something.

I sort of agree but it goes both ways, Msfs devs should be flagged if they go on Xplane/P3D threads.

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

I don't think it really matters. People are going to use the sim they think is best regardless of what anyone thinks or writes. 

The people on the forums are probably 2% of the people using the sim.

In short, none of this really matters.

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, highflyer2020 said:

I suspect developers post here because they have an interest in highlighting problems with a view to getting them fixed, not because they are biased against FS2020.

Why not flag anyone who still uses Prepar3D or X Plane?  Or anyone who has had any issues with FS2020. They might be biased.

25 minutes ago, sanh said:

I don't think it really matters. People are going to use the sim they think is best regardless of what anyone thinks or writes. 

The people on the forums are probably 2% of the people using the sim.

In short, none of this really matters.

Totally agree.

John B

If some one is commercial he is already tagged as commercial, he can also develop to p3d and Xplane and still comment about MSFS, nothing is wrong with that.

I'm pretty astonished that it's now a thing to apologize before talking bad things about MSFS, topics like "i'm not usually a whiner but" "I love MSFS but..." all start with this title to please all the word not allowed around here, to not be immediately called haters etc..

So my recommendation is to not try to justify your opinion, if somebody really hates others opinions, he can just swallow it or choose to ignore a specific user, if someone is an Xplane/P3D user and is not impressed with MSFS, he can come here and say so, and the same applies vice versa.

Grow up.

Edited by akita
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 3

There aren't that many developers hardcore in P3D anymore I guess, there are some. There are still quite a few Xplane and MSFS developers that develop things for both platforms. There are VERY few developers doing exclusive development only for P3D or Xplane (mostly just aircraft devs), so I am not sure who these developers even are, or if they even exist. The majority of developers have moved onto MSFS, which is an easier environment to develop in (well it was, pre-SU5 anyhow)...

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

2 hours ago, highflyer2020 said:

Developers who have issues with the omissions of MSFS SDK that prevent them from moving forward providing great MSFS stuff for us are in my perspective most welcome to post about that shortcoming here. Most welcome!

• Like 3

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

3 hours ago, highflyer2020 said:

I can assure you it might be sometimes even worse in the other direction...

• Like 7
  • Upvote 2

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

4 hours ago, highflyer2020 said:

I think it's fair to say that there are many right now that consider someone telling them that MSFS is *not* an unstable disaster is the one promoting an exaggerated viewpoint.  And developers aren't the only ones with bias...in fact it's a fact of life that we all have our biases.  So no, we're not going to try and "flag" our users beyond what we do now--which is fair disclosure of commercial/pecuniary interests in sim software.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again here--the instability brought on by frequent, poorly tested, and forced changes to the MSFS platform is a tremendous challenge to those developing for it.  I try to imagine running an outfit like PMDG trying to formulate a plan to keep up with wave after crashing wave of these changes across 3-4 different high-end aircraft add-ons.  I think it would give me the same sort of warm fuzzy as a Christian Scientist contemplating the onset of a case of appendicitis.

• Like 8

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

33 minutes ago, w6kd said:

I think it's fair to say that there are many right now that consider someone telling them that MSFS is *not* an unstable disaster is the one promoting an exaggerated viewpoint.  And developers aren't the only ones with bias...in fact it's a fact of life that we all have our biases.  So no, we're not going to try and "flag" our users beyond what we do now--which is fair disclosure of commercial/pecuniary interests in sim software.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again here--the instability brought on by frequent, poorly tested, and forced changes to the MSFS platform is a tremendous challenge to those developing for it.  I try to imagine running an outfit like PMDG trying to formulate a plan to keep up with wave after crashing wave of these changes across 3-4 different high-end aircraft add-ons.  I think it would give me the same sort of warm fuzzy as a Christian Scientist contemplating the onset of a case of appendicitis.

+199  (what he said)!

• Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere