Sign in to follow this  
abranpuko

again (SU5)

Hello.

I suppose all of you are suffering the new update of MSFS in relation to ai traffic.

i load realtraffic and psxseecon traffic fo MSFS, and suddenly the sim crashes. 

Its not a problem of your software. I guess what worked a week ago now produces one error after the other. The same ai planes that were successfully injected seven days ago now produce one CTD after the other. I wrote just to find out if the same thing happens to you, or if it only happens to me. That such a good simulator does not want air traffic to have quality is like wanting the sea to have no waves.

Edited by kiek

Well i am still in the proces of updating to su5. I paused the download at 13% and then shut off my pc. Next day I wanted to continue but if fails to continue the download...

Have to start all over again I am afraid, although seeing all the posts of PC users that are very disappointed with SU5 I think I will wait a few months.... I prefer P3Dv5. 

Nico

Edited by kiek

a pair of months. wow

holydays arrive and all is frozen!

they say that MSFS only allow 13 ai models per time. 

its terrible.

I can confirm I'm getting the same, on different machines with separate installs. This is including the 1.18.14.0 hotfix.

Very sad, I wonder how long the wait till the next hotfix for traffic is going to be.

Hi guys, I have successfully used PSXseeconTraffic for the last couple of months but the latest Sim Update messed everything! Again! I've run some test regarding CTDs and I confirm that the problem are not the AI models themselves but their number. I got the confirmation of this, using AI Companion. If you try to inject some models, everything flows ok but, after having injected 13 aircrafts, it does not add other aircrafts, it just replaces the old ones with new ones. Of course, when using live or offline AI traffic, if more of 13 aircrafts need to be injected, the sim crashes! What a gamebraker! 

Edited by anthony15

Hello all, I had issues at 1st and worked out a it of system that worked for me anyway.

As regards the downloads, I messed around stopping and restarting the sim (it kept sticking on packages and repeating the download - loop de loop, did this for ages, in the end I removed ALL (Backed up 1st) the files in .\Official\OneStore, restarted the sim and it all came in fine.

Next continual CTD's after sitting in the seat for a few minutes. so I removed all Addons (I use MSFSAddon Manager so it is nice and easy anyway), and turned off ALL Aviation Traffic in the Traffic Menu and then Live Real world traffic in the Data menu (some of this stuff should be off anyway if using PSX).

Next I reloaded my Addons and found out very quickly my GNS530 needed updating.

I now had some bright pink liveries and have written a script to fix that you just need to add a line to all the liveries Texture.cfg, if you want it just ask.

I run 2 flight sims and once i worked it out on 1 the other didnt take long at all.

I think it is Brilliant and I dont care what anyone else wants to complain about 🙂 

1 hour ago, SimilAir said:

Hello all, I had issues at 1st and worked out a it of system that worked for me anyway.

As regards the downloads, I messed around stopping and restarting the sim (it kept sticking on packages and repeating the download - loop de loop, did this for ages, in the end I removed ALL (Backed up 1st) the files in .\Official\OneStore, restarted the sim and it all came in fine.

Next continual CTD's after sitting in the seat for a few minutes. so I removed all Addons (I use MSFSAddon Manager so it is nice and easy anyway), and turned off ALL Aviation Traffic in the Traffic Menu and then Live Real world traffic in the Data menu (some of this stuff should be off anyway if using PSX).

Next I reloaded my Addons and found out very quickly my GNS530 needed updating.

I now had some bright pink liveries and have written a script to fix that you just need to add a line to all the liveries Texture.cfg, if you want it just ask.

I run 2 flight sims and once i worked it out on 1 the other didnt take long at all.

I think it is Brilliant and I dont care what anyone else wants to complain about 🙂 

Sorry but I haven't understood if you are experiencing CTD with AI traffic (using only PSX) or not. Thanks

Hi Anthony, after the install, yes then turned off everything and it was working again, sorry for not being clearer.

hello anthony15. i would like to ask what line i should add to all lñiveries from texture.cfg, to have ai traffic working.

right now, i cant load any traffic because more of 12 models are forbidden!

thanks

1 hour ago, abranpuko said:

hello anthony15. i would like to ask what line i should add to all lñiveries from texture.cfg, to have ai traffic working.

right now, i cant load any traffic because more of 12 models are forbidden!

thanks

Unfortunately, I really don't know ho we can solve the problem occurring after SU5. I get CTD as many AI traffic is injected.

I am a little confused about what is being asked here, When using PSXT AI traffic and live traffic within MSFS should all be switched off anyway. (regardless the patch released a day after was to fix this anyway) but it should still all be off.

The texture.cfg for all liveries needs updating. This is not MS issue this is a Livery builders issue. Project mega pack have got info on this look at there discord page/website or as I put up above I have written a script to fix all your liveries for you if you want it just ask, it is in powershell so you may need to work that bit out yourselves if you have never used powershell before. there is a readme.txt with it.

Basically the file needs to cheched to make sure it has the line

fallback.X=..\..\..\..\texture\Planes_Generic

X being a number all the files are different so that number needs to be in sequence with similar lines in the file.

Here is an example of what is in a file.
[fltsim]

fallback.1=..\..\..\..\texture
fallback.2=..\..\..\..\texture\Interiors
fallback.3=..\..\..\..\texture\DetailMap
fallback.4=..\..\..\..\texture\Glass
fallback.5=..\..\..\..\texture\Livery
fallback.6=..\..\Asobo_B787_10\texture
fallback.7=..\..\..\..\texture\Extinguisher
fallback.8=..\..\..\..\texture\Planes_Generic

I personally think it is a great update, there are issues, but in 25years of using PC's i dont think I have ever had anything running with out some work or other, my sim fly's along now. it is far superior to before

Hi,

I have re-installed SU5  and the hotfix. I'm able to generate traffic in MSFS ( a lot so many more then 13..) 

However, PPG_MSFS does not find any airports. It looks like Microsoft has encrypted all .bgl files :-[

Without airports new PSXT_MSFS will only see airborne traffic...

Existing users of PSXT_MSFS: make sure you keep a copy of the airports folder (and its content) of PPG_MSFS

Nico

Edited by kiek

Hi Nico

Please show exactly which folder you are referring too,

This morning my airborne traffic stopped again after running perfectly for 2 days (continously) but I still had ground traffic, as of right now this has stopped too.

PSXT is getting data the only strange thing I am now seeing is lots and lots and lots of "No wingspan found for type" errors in the log file

Aerosoft have cancelled there project because of this reason https://fselite.net/news/aerosoft-cancels-simple-traffic-for-msfs/

But this guy still thinks it is possible as he is using doing it in his add on https://fselite.net/news/freeware-live-traffic-mod-for-msfs/

Thanks for your continued support

The airports subfolder of your PPG_MSFS folder.

The wingspan messages are not so important to you. If you have checked Light aircraft you will get a lot while there are many more types then the ones listed in my wingspan file.

Edited by kiek