Sign in to follow this  
cklink

VC fps hit - Possible Reason ??

Anyone know why they changed the default magnification in VC to x0.70 ?? It used to be x1.00 in FS9.While actively trying to figure out why the VC is such a FPS hit vs ANY other view, (it shouldn't be, so I started removing all gauges and deleting/resizing VC textures which changed nothing) Then I noticed that if I return the magnification back to 1.00x as FS9 - I get same or better rates in VC than in spot .... seriously. (Was testing on the 737)The problem is the cabin seems to be designed for this 0.70 magnification, as to maintain the same FOV you just about need to be in the jump seat. (I'm exagerating, but the head rests are now in the way most of the time.) It probally has to do with the new interior.mdl's, but what they do? - design it in minature scale to save time ? Kidding... but wondering whyIt makes a big difference from about 8K up for me, as I think is simply due to the less FOV - resulting in less everything to be processed, IE: the farther you zoom out in any view the bigger the load due to the FOV and data being processed.I looked in the camera.cfg, but there is not "parameter" for FOV that I could see. That would help instead of flying from the back seat.Anyways give it a try and you'll see what I mean - especially from around 10K to 20K. You wont notice it on the tarmac, as your are not processing much "under/around the A/C".Regards'GarettPS - This all stemmed from trying to figure out why my ported over Aerosim L1011 gave me 30(Locked) in all views, but VC at 12K was 15. (Its definatly not a "complex" bird and the VC textures are even smaller than the default 737)... Anyways now it's the same as spot, but the gauge refresh is dead slow (like way slower than the FPS) compared to the super fast in 2d. Need to figure that out as well.

Update,I set up a flight that I flew, starting from the runway with AP all set up (AT/ALT/VS/NAV). I did this as I wanted to see the differnece in "average" fps, not just the immediate which does not give a true indication.I repeated this over and over again, starting with magnification at 1X, then next flight at .7X - engageing the ap @ 500ft at letting it fly. Never panned or changed views during the flight.I recorded FPS at 3,5,7,9,12,18K. I noticed less % variation in the 1X zoom, as well as about 3-4fps better (Average fps).Attached pics is one of the series of comparision shots taken. If you can make it out, default .7 zoom gave 14.6,20.4,24.8 @ 11.2%, 1.0X gave 4.9,24.3,30.0 @ 8.9%. I used this shot because it has a spot where FPS are amost the lowest. Don't know if its because CYXD in in front of me during the turn, or just altitude/scenery transition.Anyways, I still pose the question about why the VC .7X mag/smaller cabin? First pic is .7, second is 1.0x.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/166555.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/166556.jpg

bump ..Here's a comparision. So are the new VC cabins (interior.mdl I assume) smaller or it is something else. If I new how to decompile the bgl, I'd check it in 3dmax. Just wondering why the change, or it is something else.PS: I just realized the FSX 172 shot is at X.9 and forgot to zoom in one step. (I changed my cameras.cfg to VC=.9x)Thanks'Garetthttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/166607.jpg