Sign in to follow this  
Dominique_K

You want to hear something scary ?

6 hours ago, March Hare said:

Absolutely. But for some users to say that, because they have launched it on Xbox, the graphics have been made to look like "game" graphics, as if there really is some fundamental difference in console vs PC graphics (as you know, there isn't at all, especially right at this moment in time for this particular console) -- well, it's ridiculous.

There clearly is such a thing as game graphics, SU5 proves it without a shadow (pun intended) of a doubt. 

Although  I just fired up Mass Effect Legendary Edition and found that the textures and lighting are far superior to what we have now in MSFS. And as you say, that is ridiculous.

1 hour ago, jarmstro said:

Although  I just fired up Mass Effect Legendary Edition and found that the textures and lighting are far superior to what we have now in MSFS. And as you say, that is ridiculous.

What about these :blush:

Edited by RXP
  • Like 1

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

13 hours ago, Dominique_K said:

I was at first underwhelmed by SU5 but start to appreciate it more

Of course, it's always easier to immediately fly off the handle rather than taking your time to did into the update. 

I have used that before as well as Unity, and UE 4 (not 5 much yet). Unigine is more of a showcase niche engine that is a bit too closed up, but UE 5 is where it's at right now as far as moving the goalpost. They did lower the cost of Unigine and made some efforts to make it more mainstream, but it's just too far behind Epic's UE 5 which is backed by Sony now.

Unreal Engine 5 is now the 500 pound gorilla in the room and they have access to probably billions in funding if they need more. It's the game changer, but I don't know how easy it would be to implement a flying earth model (pretty sure you could). So many people are already starting to switch over, and Unity (not talking about Unigine) is losing a lot of the 3D market at this point.

Edited by Alpine Scenery
  • Like 1

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

Half of Europe is drowning and the other half is burning. That's what I find scary. An update for a computer game in September doesn't scare me at all. 

Just my 2cents. 

By the time the 10 years of MSFS has past it will look like Fs2000 :

“As real as it get’s…”

✈️

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

SU5 was rushed to meet a deadline (Xbox release) plain and simple. Don't think they will do the same thing with SU6 they will take more time if needed to work on things and with the mass rumblings  currently I hope so.

Edited by jbdbow1970
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

@Alpine Scenery
You're making some good points here in my opinion.

Regardless of their stance in the market, these 2 videos from Unigine are just meant to showing there is nothing "next-gen" in the FS2020 rendering engine. It is certainly next-gen from what we've accustomed to have in the simulation genre, but I was more trying to further the point  @jarmstro was making about other games in showing there are also already existing engines which can deliver more than what FS2020 is doing right now.

I'm not judging FS2020 rendering engine here either, I just find these 2 videos showing a wider range of possibles which is quite opening the mind to where it could be, or by the same token, where P3D or X-Plane or any other simulator could be graphics wise, because it lis not next-gen, it is the present already.

I'm also really curious about using UE5 and all their leading edge technology in the flight simulation genre. Unigine videos are putting their engine in the flight simulation perspective and this is great for illustration purposes. UE5 and their Nanite technology proves managing LOD in the art assets or at the user level (settings) is something already of the past: model as detailed as you want, the engine takes care of the rest for you.

There is an amazing amount of R&D and money put in these engines that it has became harder to beat nowadays.

• Like 1

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Just now, RXP said:

@Alpine SceneryI'm also really curious about using UE5 and all their leading edge technology in the flight simulation genre. Unigine videos are putting their engine in the flight simulation perspective and this is great for illustration purposes. UE5 and their Nanite technology proves managing LOD in the art assets or at the user level (settings) is something already of the past: model as detailed as you want, the engine takes care of the rest for you.

There is an amazing amount of R&D and money put in these engines that it has became harder to beat nowadays.

True, and another note is that it's hard to separate how much is the engine and how much is the graphics artist contribution that created the default clouds and textures. The thing is, in the old days engine mainly meant the renderer by itself, but now-a-days the engines are including default clouds, water, and other default graphics.

I always wanted rapid development capabilities in a gaming engine, but I have some cranky old hands that don't always agree with the ridiculous amount of clicking it takes to make renders and then import them into game engines. 

UE 5 is revolutionary, you don't even need normal maps anymore from what I hear and the Auto-LOD'n is even more automatic than UE 4, and you don't have to bake lights anymore (well technically this was possible also in UE 4 to avoid light baking, but it wasn't performance friendly like it is now).

I am actually going to be messing around with UE 5 some in my spare time, just haven't had time yet.

• Like 1

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

11 hours ago, blueshark747 said:

Ahhh time to break out thee ole" well i thought i was buying a finished very well polished product" customer satisfaction/quality control standard on MSFS I see 😏

No you didn't....you just thought the patches and further development would be bearable enough to enjoy the sim at the same time, but SU5 isn't for you and unfortunately you are gonna have to wait or go enjoy another sim for the time being,

while not getting the daily MSFS fix you yearn for. Your Steam/Microsoft Store refund window has expired long ago and here you are now actually realizing just what type of emotional rollercoaster you are invested into.

Till the point the next update will give you anxiety all over again. Fear of the unknown, will the next patch bring more pain or joy?

If you can't find any joy or adventure in these development experiences then maybe it's time hang it up for a bit?🤔

It's about your mental health afterall and it's in the hands of YOU...not MS/Asobo's🙃

I really think you should stop making fun of other people.

Your post is full of insulting arguments. What do you know about anxiety, mental health and all the rest? 

What do you know about the joy and adventure in development experiences, of which my (and others') professional life is pretty full everyday?

Who made you think that you are on a position to judge other people and give them life advice?

What is your contribution in terms of Flight Simulation? Because as I already underlined, this is a Flight Simulation Forum, not a Social Psychology advisory group.

This is really annoying.

A.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, beep747 said:

Half of Europe is drowning and the other half is burning. That's what I find scary. An update for a computer game in September doesn't scare me at all. 

Just my 2cents. 

Not to mention that a large asteroid will sooner or later hit us and end it all.

It's a Flight Simulation Forum. Not a World Climate Panel. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, jbdbow1970 said:

SU5 was rushed to meet a deadline (Xbox release) plain and simple. Don't think they will do the same thing with SU6 they will take more time if needed to work on things and with the mass rumblings  currently I hope so.

That's what I hope too.

The great potential they built in this sim deserves to be rescued.

A.

10 hours ago, jarmstro said:

There clearly is such a thing as game graphics, SU5 proves it without a shadow (pun intended) of a doubt. 

Yes the definetly rolled everything back with SU5 just to get more performance. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

30 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Yes the definetly rolled everything back with SU5 just to get more performance. 

I posted that before I read about the workaround. It's a whole lot better once you use it. Still some degradation but nothing severe. Othe bugs are still plentiful.

Edited by jarmstro

1 minute ago, jarmstro said:

I posted that before I read about the workaround. It's a whole lot better once you use it. Still some degradation but nothing severe.

What workaround, did I miss something? 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310