Sign in to follow this  
RaptyrOne

FBW Team have pulled the A32NX from the store

The point is they pulled it because of their inability to easily resolve the remaining issues with their next version for the store, and that assumes even if they updated it.

If you've been following the forums at various places, they wrecked a lot of the ability to do things in SU5 in a manageable and efficient way. You often have to restart the dev environment, fix convoluted XML errors, and on and on... Some of these issues would pop up in various updates, but this is a much larger set of problems for devs to solve.

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

4 minutes ago, Jeff Nielsen said:

I'm not sure I understand that statement.  The sim has never been functional for the airliner environment.  SU5 was never meant to address any of those issues, with the exception of the hotfix for temps at altitudes.  Even at that; the WX engine is in complete re-write by ASOBO.  As far as core basic features of the sim, the 'flight plan manager' has not been fixed as well as a whole host of other things.

If you're talking about FBW, you shouldn't have been using the store version to begin with, you should be on the dev version installed through their own installer.  The store version would have been a very basic version which is still in development (pre-pre-pre alpha-most features not added yet).  Even the dev version doesn't have 99.9% of the features added to make a semi-full featured aircraft.  They are still working on everything.

Good point to be fair. I haven’t been using store version but some will have. Just extremely disappointed that the dev version is still inconsistent at the moment. 

Just now, MikeyOnTheFlightDeck said:

Good point to be fair. I haven’t been using store version but some will have. Just extremely disappointed that the dev version is still inconsistent at the moment. 

Yeah, I hear what you're saying.  I think people need to understand that FBW is simply letting everyone fly the aircraft while they are developing it from the start.  The problem with that is, it creates a misconception in the community that the aircraft is 'flyable' in a similar manner to what we've been used to on say P3D or XP.

The FBW team have been been making incredible strides with the NEO, but it's going to take some time.  The same goes for the WT folks.

The good news is, ASOBO is apparently going down the rabbit hole when it comes to default systems and avionics and the like.  In fact, in another thread here, you can see that by the job postings they have.  Also, they hired I think, 4 or 5 more people just on the SDK side of the house.  

In any case, I think the big shocker comes as most of us thought MS/ASOBO were getting their second wind when it comes to updating the sim.  We didn't expect this kind of regression.  We didn't expect a 10+ hour download after several minutes of trying to trigger the store to pop the update from the beginning.  This is a area that needs some major attention, IMO.

I'm sure they'll get it sorted.  I think the XBOX release was a little to much happening at the same time as SU5 maybe.  

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

1 hour ago, simbol said:

Lol, oh well I was not invited.. Typical 

me neither... 🙂

• Like 1

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

59 minutes ago, Jeff Nielsen said:

If you're talking about FBW, you shouldn't have been using the store version to begin with, you should be on the dev version installed through their own installer. 

But the dev version doesn't work either since the SU5 mess. On my system it immediately crashes once I loaded a flight and enter the cockpit. The whole sim is unusable for me.

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

3 minutes ago, carlito777 said:

But the dev version doesn't work either since the SU5 mess. On my system it immediately crashes once I loaded a flight and enter the cockpit. The whole sim is unusable for me.

I had that issue, but it when going from one aircraft, then to the main menu, and then selecting the FBW.  That might be a sim issue though.  I can load in from the start.

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

dev build was also crashing for me upon load but you may want to try this fix - 

I recommend deleting any previous airplane files(related to FBW only) in AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\SimObjects

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

22 minutes ago, carlito777 said:

I had that for a few minutes. It was a bad livery. Even liveries converted by the Flybywire installer are no longer guaranteed to be safe.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Thanks for all the suggestion, but neither one helps. Still getting crashes with the FBW A320 everytime I attempt a flight. So frustrating.

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

22 hours ago, Ixoye said:

SU5 is starting to become a fiasco and a bit of an embarrassment for Microsoft.

Is more of an embarrassment for the legion of grown ups whinging  incessantly and threating lawsuits or the fury of gods own thunder upon Asobo. Good god man, look inward.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, CombatCustard said:

Is more of an embarrassment for the legion of grown ups whinging  incessantly and threating lawsuits or the fury of gods own thunder upon Asobo. Good god man, look inward.

So you think it’s acceptable for said grown ups to buy something and a year later it either no longer works or in instances where it does, it’s functionality has regressed to the point it’s verging on false advertising. 

ask yourself the question, would you honestly buy the product today in its current state? It’s a hard no for me. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, MikeyOnTheFlightDeck said:

ask yourself the question, would you honestly buy the product today in its current state? It’s a hard no for me

Yes, I actually would.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

3 minutes ago, MikeyOnTheFlightDeck said:

And it’s standards like this that mean the unacceptable stays acceptable! 

I probably also like different cars, women, and clothes than you. Unacceptable!!! 😜

• Upvote 1

Devons rig