Sign in to follow this  
Guest Elvi5

Payware airport addons

Can anyone let me know if developers of payware airport addons need to pay for a license to create a particular airport ?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Is this information classified ? Surely someone can answer my question ?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I highly doubt it Chris.Regards, MichaelKDFW

Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe nForce4 SLI-x16 / AMD

Best, Michael

KDFW

Considering...how the FAA is seeking additional funding by trying to make GA flyers pay for their (ATC) service.. (They have been lobbying congress along with the airliners), I wouldn't be surprised if that becomes the case in the future.But as of now, No.Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

It's just something that came up on the RSC racing forums regarding developers having to pay for licences to recreate official tracks.The fact that payware airport addons get released here, there, and everywhere made me wonder whether the same applied to airports.Evidently not.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

ChrisThe analogy doesn't really apply. NASCAR tracks and the like are private real estate as opposed to airports that are public and part of the transportation system.This raises an interesting question. Could i.e. North West, who uses hubs, buy their own real estate, put down a runway, and exclude all other traffic there by eliminating delays?

>>This raises an interesting question. Could i.e. North West,>who uses hubs, buy their own real estate, put down a runway,>and exclude all other traffic there by eliminating delays?They could probably do it but the cost would be prohibitive, even for a major air carrier.The main cause for delays would not always be other traffic but rather it would be from the weather conditions, anyway.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2310 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 2.5-3-3-8 (1T), WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian case

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest Elvi5

You have to pay royalties in France & a few others.In the US, you pay zippo.