Sign in to follow this  
knich

Taxi arrows disappearing (pre and post-SU5)

For some reason lately my taxi arrows (to direct you to runway) disappear about half way to the runway.  It doesn't happen every time but most of the time.  When it happens it cancels the ATC taxi.  I have to request IFR again to get the arrows back.

It also does not happen on taxi to gate.

Anyone know the cause/fix?

As noted above this started pre-SU5 and has continued post SU5.

Are you switching to tower freq when you taxi or staying with ground? The reason I ask is that, if you taxi on the tower frequency, you will not get the messages from ground to 'hold for other traffic'. If you don't respond (which you won't because you were on the tower freq and never heard it), they will cancel you and your taxi line will go away. Stay with ground until you are at the runway. Don't know if that is your issue, but I have had that happen to me.

• Like 1

Thanks rj, that's solved a little mystery for me!

• Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

Would it not have been nice if Microsoft had provided a users manual for MSFS? 🤣

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

14 minutes ago, Fielder said:

Would it not have been nice if Microsoft had provided a users manual for MSFS? 🤣

Complex software doesn't come with manuals anymore my friend.

You're intended to go watch various YouTubers stumble through it (also without manuals) for 10-20 hours and hope they touch on the things you need.  Smash that like button!

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

13 minutes ago, Fielder said:

That's one of the things they actually got right in the ATC procedures.  You always stay with ground until reaching the departure runway.  While there is no manual for FS, you can find that kind of information in the Aeronautical Information Manual which is available for free from the FAA site.

https://www.faa.gov/air_traffic/publications/atpubs/aim_html/

• Like 1

9 hours ago, rjquick said:

Are you switching to tower freq when you taxi or staying with ground? The reason I ask is that, if you taxi on the tower frequency, you will not get the messages from ground to 'hold for other traffic'. If you don't respond (which you won't because you were on the tower freq and never heard it), they will cancel you and your taxi line will go away. Stay with ground until you are at the runway. Don't know if that is your issue, but I have had that happen to me.

Yep..that’s exactly what I’m doing.  I will try not switching to tower.  

Thank you!

• Like 1

Did you activate the guidance radio button in the assistance menu ?

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700F - RAM 32 - RTX 3070 - SSD Blue 1T -  Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Track IR - Optical fiber

5 hours ago, Livingston said:

Did you activate the guidance radio button in the assistance menu ?

No...what does that do?

If you are talking about ATC, yes.   It seems to be working now without connecting to tower.

Edited by knich

In french, "Assistant de vol" on the main screen in flight and the radio button "Guides d'atterissage et de roulage". 

It displays taxi arrows (to direct you to runway).

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700F - RAM 32 - RTX 3070 - SSD Blue 1T -  Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Track IR - Optical fiber

18 hours ago, marsman2020 said:

Complex software doesn't come with manuals anymore my friend.

I remember the old days when Falcon 4 included a manual thick as a book.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |