Sign in to follow this  
RudyB24

Degraded graphics after SU5? Look here...

35 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

The sim still looks amazing to me?

High Preset

LDq8QGv.png

Ultra Preset

ODpE43Y.png

Those clouds on Ultra 🤢

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

Just now, MarcG said:

Those clouds on Ultra 🤢

Literally GTA V clouds

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

2 minutes ago, MarcG said:

Those clouds on Ultra

They look great though? I don't see any difference to how they looked before SU5.

Edited by Tuskin38

Qui peut dire qu'aucun MSFS n'a abaissé le niveau graphique ? le tout en ULTRA ! Mais réitéré, j'ai 120 fps !

3.png
4.png
5.png

Edited by Axis3600
EDIT

If it's not an XBOX version? I just wanted to reset to 50 I used the keyboard I see this icon!

Next update I take off with R2 on PMDG!

1.png

11 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

They look great though? I don't see any difference to how they looked before SU5.

they're vastly different, as has been mentioned many times ULTRA now represents what MEDIUM was pre-SU5.

• Like 1

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

20 minutes ago, Axis3600 said:

If it's not an XBOX version? I just wanted to reset to 50 I used the keyboard I see this icon!

Next update I take off with R2 on PMDG!

1.png

🙄

Maybe a silly question, but I don't know the answer:

How do I set LOD to 500%?

Is it safe to do so?

And will it stick?

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

1 hour ago, ShinjukuFlyer said:

Today I tried to fly under the new circumstances, but it is impossible. It just looks bad in comparison what I had before. How high are the chances that PC users get the old graphics back? Seriously, it looks like X-Plane. I am not ranting or throw a tantrum, I am just wondering how realistic it is to get back the visuals I used to have. In my opinion it could be a bug of the light casting. I hope we can expect a patch in a matter of weeks. 

SU4

Screenshot-7.png

SU5

Screenshot-107.png

I fly mostly in the western USA on the PilotEdge Network and is completely covered in X Plane by Orbx TrueEarth.  Outside of weather depiction, X Plane in those areas is looking better on my system after SU5.  Textures are sharper further out, Autogen further out, no weird colours etc.

I use MSFS exclusively outside of these X Plane TrueEarth areas because of all the advances made, so it is such a shame to see MSFS being degraded in this way.  I am so hoping these graphical issues are a bug that will be found and sorted, because the thought it has been pulled back permanently to fit the requirements of XBOX is a depressing thought.  At launch the only thing that I thought that was better in X Plane was the flight model, but MSFS now feels great - it feels like the aircraft are flying through a moving atmosphere.  

Please let these graphical downgrades be a bug!

Edited by MrBitstFlyer
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

11 minutes ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

I fly mostly in the western USA on the PilotEdge Network and is completely covered in X Plane by Orbx TrueEarth.  Outside of weather depiction, X Plane in those areas is looking better on my system after SU5.  Textures are sharper further out, Autogen further out, no weird colours etc.

I use MSFS exclusively outside of these X Plane TrueEarth areas because of all the advances made, so it is such a shame to see MSFS being degraded in this way.  I am so hoping these graphical issues are a bug that will be found and sorted, because the thought it has been pulled back permanently to fit the requirements of XBOX is a depressing thought.  At launch the only thing that I thought that was better in X Plane was the flight model, but MSFS now feels great - it feels like the aircraft are flying through a moving atmosphere.  

Please let these graphical downgrades be a bug!

I don't think the downgrades are a bug - generally. 

They were planning on further downgrades right up until SU 5 release. But the beta team screamed loud enough for them to revert it just before release. If that wasn't the case, the sim would look even worse now. 

• Upvote 1

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

2 minutes ago, Republic3D said:

I don't think the downgrades are a bug - generally. 

They were planning on further downgrades right up until SU 5 release. But the beta team screamed loud enough for them to revert it just before release. If that wasn't the case, the sim would look even worse now. 

That’s probably the scary bit - MS probably gave them a 60fps or bust requirement for the Xbox and they needed to meet it come hell or high water. Regardless of whether it looks like FSX now

• Like 1

• Like 1

Rich Sennett