Sign in to follow this  
RudyB24

Degraded graphics after SU5? Look here...

i have heard about that and thought it was a bit dodgy. but it looks like it is a thing after all! Pretty good news if the whole "graphic downgrade" is just that bug.

It didn’t do anything for the airports with missing walls like PHX.

NAX669.png

Indeed, seems like this implies to me either. My sim is starting with custom graphic options even I set it to ultra. When applying that what is mentioned in the link to msfs forum, I see indeed more details in EGNX!

If you read the entire thread, there is indication it may not be an across the board issue.  Rather just at EGNX.  In any case, I wouldn't consider it as anything like a "Magic Bullet Fix" that some seem to be implying.  More factual evidence needed yet as to whether it is sim-wide everywhere in the sim.

• Like 1

Rick Ryan

There's already a thread talking about the issue. I suggest sticking to that one instead so we won't be drowned out. That way it makes things easier if it was in one place.

Edited by captain420

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

3 minutes ago, FalconAF said:

If you read the entire thread, there is indication it may not be an across the board issue.  Rather just at EGNX.  In any case, I wouldn't consider it as anything like a "Magic Bullet Fix" that some seem to be implying.  More factual evidence needed yet as to whether it is sim-wide everywhere in the sim.

No, for me it happens at others airports either. I tried EDDH and LIMJ (not default scenery). Tomorrow I could provide some screenshots, pretty late at my place, need head to bed now.

Just now, captain420 said:

There's already a thread talking about the issue. I suggest sticking to that one instead so we won't be drowned out. That way it makes things easier if it was in one place.

I didn't have much time since the update being around the forums much. Can you provide a link?

2 minutes ago, FalconAF said:

If you read the entire thread, there is indication it may not be an across the board issue.  Rather just at EGNX.

Could be ... I haven't tried. If that is the case though ... if starting a flight at a certain airport changes the user's graphics settings, which (should) reside in a completely different part of the code, one starts to wonder how this entire thing has been programmed. 

Always have fun --0-- Flight Sim Navigation

Yes, I just did, look again. We will see a lot of us are doing tests to see if we get the same results. And it seems that most of us are. Which makes this a pretty high priority issue. Follow up with us in the thread I linked to above.

• Like 1

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Thanks for pointing out this same subject is discussed in the other thread.

I once started reading that thread but it was too long for me, I never got to the crucial page. 🙂

Always have fun --0-- Flight Sim Navigation

is there a fix?

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

There's a temporary work around posted in that thread, but not a permanent fix. Asobo needs to be made aware of this problem before anything can be done.

Oh my .... Asobo 🤣. I was able to reproduce it as well, I was wondering as well why the textures autogen look like s9#t . That somewhat explain the rants about the quality degradation. 

Kudos for whoever found it out! It is not easy to spot actually.

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

This happens to me as well. Except on my system it reverts to Medium (and it actually says Medium), and I have to manually set it to Ultra.

Location is irrelevant, happens everywhere. 

No wonder people are upset over the graphics degradation. 

Edited by Republic3D
  • Like 1

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s