Sign in to follow this  
rayharris108

Cockpit Camera drifts left and upwards since su5

I have already submitted this to Zendesk, as it happened from the moment I installed the update (the hotfix made no difference). So it's definitely something that happened due to the update not anything I have changed. It only happens in cockpit view not in external views.

Basically if I load any default plane and just don't touch anything, the view point slowly drifts to the left and upwards until lit rests looking at the ceiling and turning round and round. Nothing I have tried has made any difference (resetting the joystick etc. The joystick actually works as normal and I have lost none of my previous settings. So it may be something else.

I wondered, being as Avsim has the biggest collection of helpful, and experienced sim experts, whether anyone has found this and has managed to resolve it. There are a few posts from other forums, but no one has found a solution as far as I could see. Why do they have to break perfectly good installations on each update??? And why is Zendesk advice usually generic and doesn't solve much (in my experience)?

Otherwise I do see a good improvement in performance since the update, with the accompanying scenery quality loss that others have reported, on my 2014 PC....

Thanks for any help.

Kind regards, 

Ray

If you have a controller plugged in, try increasing the deadzone on the sticks. By default after this update there were at 0% for my Xbox controller which I use to control the drone camera, and it made my view move constantly like you describe.

Mine did this when. I first installed the update. I messed with camera controls which did nothing. Then suddenly it stopped happening for no particular reason and hasn't happened again

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

This is a known issue and is easily fixed by going to your controller's sensitivity settings and resetting your left and right axis and it will fix the problem. And while you're there, add a small percentage of deadzone to both axis.

They should be named LT and RT in the Sensitivity settings.

Edited by captain420

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Hi Captain420,

Thanks to you and others for your replies.

I reset the Warthog Joystick controller axis and added deadzone, but so far it made no difference. I did not see LT or RT in my settings, unless I looked in the wrong place. What are you referring to.

I have to go out now but I'll reboot the sim later to see if worked

Cheers

Hi

OK I tried again but no luck. The stupid drifting still carries on even after resetting the joystick...

Is there anything else I should try?

Thanks.

OK I think it's sorted.

You were right - I realised you were talking about the X Box controller (which I rarely use) not the joystick. In the end I had to reset all my X Box controller Sensitivity settings, including LT and RT and Bingo it stopped drifting!

Thanks indeed for your help.

I wonder whether Zendesk will come up with this? If as you say it's a known bug...

Thanks again! 

The moving cockpit starts when I connect my Xbox controller to use it for the drone camera, otherwise I have no problem with my HoneyComb yoke and TH Warthog stick when Xbox controller are turned off.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

I have also started having a drifting problem like this thread describes. I do not use any xbox controllers only my joy stick and throttle. Saitek X56. I have not tried recalibrating my stick yet so I can't say if that works or not. I will try recalibration later this evening and report back. If it's not my system but something in the program a fix would be great. The drifting is a pain and drives me crazy..

i7 8700K CPU @ 4.8 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 3000 memory, Gigabyte Aorus Z370 MB, EVGA RTX 2060 Super XC Ultra GPU 8GB GDDR6 Memory, MasterAir MA610P CPU cooler, 1T PCIe NVMe SSD, 500GB SSD, 2T HDD, 3 Asus 24" monitors, Saitek X56 Rhino H.O.T.A.S., Altec Surround Sound System.

I now believe it is my joystick that is malfunctioning.. I have two X56 flight systems one of them has this drifting problem and the other one does not. I have my stick set up so that the interior views is controlled by the mini stick on the joystick. Apparently there is something wrong with the mini stick causing the drift. If I push the mini stick to raise the view point to where I want it then release the view will start to drift upwards. If I just pull back on the mini stick a tiny bit the drift will stop. Does anyone else have a problem like this and maybe a suggestion on how to fix it.

i7 8700K CPU @ 4.8 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 3000 memory, Gigabyte Aorus Z370 MB, EVGA RTX 2060 Super XC Ultra GPU 8GB GDDR6 Memory, MasterAir MA610P CPU cooler, 1T PCIe NVMe SSD, 500GB SSD, 2T HDD, 3 Asus 24" monitors, Saitek X56 Rhino H.O.T.A.S., Altec Surround Sound System.

1 hour ago, BigT65 said:

I now believe it is my joystick that is malfunctioning.. I have two X56 flight systems one of them has this drifting problem and the other one does not. I have my stick set up so that the interior views is controlled by the mini stick on the joystick. Apparently there is something wrong with the mini stick causing the drift. If I push the mini stick to raise the view point to where I want it then release the view will start to drift upwards. If I just pull back on the mini stick a tiny bit the drift will stop. Does anyone else have a problem like this and maybe a suggestion on how to fix it.

I also have X56 and the same problem.

8 hours ago, BigT65 said:

Go to Options, Controls. Select the correct profile. Go in to Sensitivity. Increase the Dead Zone for the axis that is drifting.

...jim

ASUS Prime Z790-E, Intel i9 13900K, 32Gb DDR5 Ram, Nvidia 3090 24Gb, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500 GB and 1 TB, Samsung Odyssey G9 Ultrawide 49" G-SYNC Monitor.

I had this problem after last update. Unplugged X box controller, it went away. Just adjusted X Box null zones, fixed. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

15 hours ago, JimBrown said:

Go to Options, Controls. Select the correct profile. Go in to Sensitivity. Increase the Dead Zone for the axis that is drifting.

...jim

Thanks for the tip. I had the dead zone set at 7 for the mini stick Y axis, I changed it to 10 and so far the drifting has stopped. Thanks again. I will do more testing tomorrow.

I did a little more than 2 hours flying the FlyingIron P-38 today and experienced no drifting. So the increase in the dead zone for mini stick axis Y solved my problem.

Flying-Hare, you should try this adjustment and let us know if it was any help to you.